RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Why old people don't like new music
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calbearman76

PostPosted: 02/16/18 5:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It seems my favorite music came out when I was 3-10 years old (doo wop through the girl groups of the sixties), but there are certainly songs all the way through about 2000 that I truly enjoy. Since then I will occasionally here something I like, but rarely do I hear it enough that it sticks in my mind. I listened to current music as much as 75% until I was 30 (1985) but then started listening more to older music as there was more annoying new music. I also found less time overall to listen. While the doo wop and girl group music is basic and evocative of a simpler time I don't associate with a particular time in my life as I came to enjoy it over a longer period. In comparison the Beatles, the Doors, the Eagles and Bruce Springsteen are all much more directly tied to specific times in my life.

The 13-14 year old age is junior high school, which makes sense as the start of more freedom, breaking away from your parents and making more decisions for yourself. So it makes sense that you can have your closest connection to it.

Richard 77

PostPosted: 02/16/18 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am an old person who likes new music. I just happen to work with a lot of old guys who are stuck in the past.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: