RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Alabama @ #11 Tennessee 2/15/18 6:30 PM ET SECN
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/15/18 11:18 am    ::: Alabama @ #11 Tennessee 2/15/18 6:30 PM ET SECN Reply Reply with quote

Thompson-Boling Arena
Knoxville, Tennessee

PostPosted: 02/15/18 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

25-21 TENN 3:05 2nd

bama hanging around. they've got some pretty good athletes that can defend, and they're making some nice cuts/passes to the rim.

PostPosted: 02/15/18 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

12-0 finish to the half gives Bama a 29-25 lead.

Bama, 0-22 at TBA, began the game 3-16

PostPosted: 02/15/18 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tenn can't throw it in the ocean. 30%. They're getting beat on the boards too. Hard to lead at half-time with that type of performance.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 02/15/18 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ooops, refs deduct a point from Nared, 29-24 at the half!

PostPosted: 02/15/18 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There. That's what happens when Russell finally decides to get off her *** and play defense.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/15/18 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

49-44 Tenn at the end of 3Q.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 02/15/18 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

56-49 5:14 in the 4th, Tide Rolling!

PostPosted: 02/15/18 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tide start the 4th on a 12-0 run

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/15/18 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tenn's offense stalled as soon as Jackson went to the bench, and they've gone cold again as well.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 02/15/18 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Isn't this Bamas Third win in a row over Holly?

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 02/15/18 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bama's 4th straight win over LVs in 731 days.

PostPosted: 02/15/18 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't put the game on until there were 3 minutes left and Bama leading by 8. Tenn looked like they didn't give a shit. In the good old days the Vols would have come back. Bama was ready to fold. The refs were on board. And yet Tenn couldn't score or make ft's nor could they keep 15-10 (5-7) Bama from scoring.

As home losses go this one was pretty bad.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 02/15/18 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wowowowowow ROLL TIDE!!! 4 in a row and 1st ever win vs. UT at TBA. That's amazing. Bama is very athletic and tenacious on defense. Jordan Lewis with 2 strong games in a row, Ashley Williams with a double-double as well. Good solid effort. I knew when I saw the halftime score that Bama had a shot. They were slowing Tennessee down and playing strong. Great win for my Tide. They have a tough closing stretch: Auburn & UGA at home. Auburn handled them well in Auburn. Hopefully they play better on the road. Then close out in Baton Rouge.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/15/18 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
I didn't put the game on until there were 3 minutes left and Bama leading by 8. Tenn looked like they didn't give a shit. In the good old days the Vols would have come back. Bama was ready to fold. The refs were on board. And yet Tenn couldn't score or make ft's nor could they keep 15-10 (5-7) Bama from scoring.

As home losses go this one was pretty bad.

Tenn did make a comeback earlier, and then faltered again. There were a couple of players who played like they didn't give a **** for most of the game, but that's not anything new.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/15/18 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kristi does it again. Four years in a row!

Last edited by RavenDog on 02/16/18 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/16/18 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Still not impressed with Russell. She should be dominant in a game like this.

- Amanda Gorman
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/16/18 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Still not impressed with Russell. She should be dominant in a game like this.

Complete bust who’ll bomb out of the WNBA. She’s lazy and always has been.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/16/18 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This may be the only time that I've ever agreed with Ay Mate. Russell takes a lot of plays off and probably makes a maximum effort for one quarter per game at most. Help defense from her, when she should be a stopper, is non-existent. When she finally got off her *** last night, Tenn went on a tear and blew past Alabama, then Russell went back to being her complacent self. She's slower than cold molasses and I don't think that all the bulk she's gained in the past 4 years is helping her. In addition, she's got terrible hands, and while she's added a 12-15' jumper to her game, she still can't make a layup reliably. I don't watch the WNBA, but I can't see how she'll be more than a bench player at the next level without a serious kick in the *** and attitude adjustment.

And while I'm griping, I'll call Hayes out for an attitude adjustment too. For someone who's so damn fast when she wants to make an ill-advised drive to the basket in traffic, she trots around on defense. Lately, whenever she throws the ball away, she stands and watches her teammates try to get back to stop the opponents in transition. She's also in need of a serious kick in the ***. Either CHW is incapable or maybe Hayes' father's public tirade against CHW last month has deterred her from giving said kick. Either way, it's easy to understand the root of her recent comments about the difficulties in coaching effort.

ewecon

PostPosted: 02/16/18 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of the best things about a Lady Vol loss id visiting VolNation and seeing them eat their young! It's really quite entertaining.

One poster left this little nugget in the game thread..... "And for all the arrogant UCONN fans, the minute Geno leaves, it will be even worse for them. Dreadful conference, little school in Cow-town USA, average campus, nothing to do there, etc etc... their time will come."

If the person who wrote that happens to see this thread, you're not very informed.....

1. Dreadful Conference. Can't argue with that. That said, there aren't many conferences, if any, UCONN wouldn't have had undefeated conference seasons in.

2. Cow-town? UConn has a beautiful rural campus.

3. Little school? Nope. Based on enrollment numbers, TN is only slightly bigger than UConn (30K vs. 26K)

UConn is ranked #56 nationally (USNews annual rankings). UT? #103. UConn has a 49% acceptance rate. UT? 77%. If you're reading this and are a UT student or alumnus, you've done nothing but prove any dumbass can get into UT.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/16/18 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This team. ~SMDH~

PostPosted: 02/16/18 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ewecon wrote:
One of the best things about a Lady Vol loss id visiting VolNation and seeing them eat their young! It's really quite entertaining.

One poster left this little nugget in the game thread..... "And for all the arrogant UCONN fans, the minute Geno leaves, it will be even worse for them. Dreadful conference, little school in Cow-town USA, average campus, nothing to do there, etc etc... their time will come."

If the person who wrote that happens to see this thread, you're not very informed.....

1. Dreadful Conference. Can't argue with that. That said, there aren't many conferences, if any, UCONN wouldn't have had undefeated conference seasons in.

3. Little school? Nope. Based on enrollment numbers, TN is only slightly bigger than UConn (30K vs. 26K)

UConn is ranked #56 nationally (USNews annual rankings). UT? #103. UConn has a 49% acceptance rate. UT? 77%. If you're reading this and are a UT student or alumnus, you've done nothing but prove any dumbass can get into UT.

If UConn makes the foolish decision to limit their coaching search to alumni, or worse lets Geno pick his own successor, then they will go down the same road Tennessee is on now. The difference is that being stuck in the AAC is likely to put the Hussies in an unrecoverable position once the failure of whoever it is becomes apparent. It's not hard to see UConn becoming Old Dominion or La Tech once Geno retires.

PostPosted: 02/16/18 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ewecon wrote:

If UConn makes the foolish decision to limit their coaching search to alumni, or worse lets Geno pick his own successor, then they will go down the same road Tennessee is on now. The difference is that being stuck in the AAC is likely to put the Hussies in an unrecoverable position once the failure of whoever it is becomes apparent. It's not hard to see UConn becoming Old Dominion or La Tech once Geno retires.

I really don't think it matters who picks up the torch when Geno leaves or dies, there's bound to be a drop in fortunes. He is one of a kind and there is not another. No matter who they hire, I don't think s/he can measure up. Anyone nearly as good will not likely want to leave where they are, which kind of leaves it to assistants or alumni or younger coaches. You don't really want to be the one who follows a legend.... And I'm not being nasty here, I think I'm being realistic, or trying to.

PostPosted: 02/16/18 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:
ewecon wrote:

I really don't think it matters who picks up the torch when Geno leaves or dies, there's bound to be a drop in fortunes. He is one of a kind and there is not another. No matter who they hire, I don't think s/he can measure up. Anyone nearly as good will not likely want to leave where they are, which kind of leaves it to assistants or alumni or younger coaches. You don't really want to be the one who follows a legend.... And I'm not being nasty here, I think I'm being realistic, or trying to.

UConn sports were dropped from the radio station they've been on for 20+ years today.

EDIT: seems like out pricing the old station was part of the plan as they have already signed with iHeartRadio.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/16/18 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ewecon wrote:
...One poster left this little nugget in the game thread..... "And for all the arrogant UCONN fans, the minute Geno leaves, it will be even worse for them. Dreadful conference, little school in Cow-town USA, average campus, nothing to do there, etc etc... their time will come."

...UConn is ranked #56 nationally (USNews annual rankings). UT? #103. UConn has a 49% acceptance rate. UT? 77%. If you're reading this and are a UT student or alumnus, you've done nothing but prove any dumbass can get into UT.

That may be a regionally based bias. The northeast is the bastion of very old, very selective, academically rigorous private schools, from the Ivies to D-III schools like Bowdoin and Williams. UConn doesn't get any respect here as an institution.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: