2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 02/13/18 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
Why isn’t last years SEC DPOY Raigyne
Louis not on the mock boards???

I think she just made Megdal’s last mock draft, now that LSU is starting to get more noticed. Where would put her? If you say “first round”, this may get written off as another homer opinion.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
icey23

PostPosted: 02/13/18 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
icey23 wrote:

I think she just made Megdal’s last mock draft, now that LSU is starting to get more noticed. Where would put her? If you say “first round”, this may get written off as another homer opinion.

I wouldn’t say first round, but she has potential to be a star in the WNBA!

PostPosted: 02/13/18 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:

I think a lot of people forgot she still had eligibility, TBH. Seems like she's been at LSU forever.

(now with spelling variations)
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/13/18 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Plum will be one of my favorites for MOP along with B.Sykes and N.Howard.

Did you mean MIP?

Nope. MOP. Seems more likely to me than MIP.

<iframe width="427" height="240" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/21OH0wlkfbc?list=FL_Y1sAcZEzXWAxtcpR3_mJw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PostPosted: 02/13/18 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Let's keep this discussion on track. J-Spoon asked why is K. Mitchell a better pro prospect than Plum? We can only compare at the college level, and there it's pretty obvious the two are similar type players: ball-dominant scoring guards even when filling the PG slot. One player holds the all-time scoring record, the other is trying to catch her. Both are OK but not great at dishing the ball, neither is a defensive stalwart. So, what's the difference in potential? I think Mitchell is a better athlete and a little bigger. You can try to make arguments about decision-making or attitude, but I don't think there's a lot of tangible evidence in that regard -- just a lot of rumors and personal opinions. So, keeping it simple, IMHO Mitchell is a better prospect because she has physical advantages.

A year ago, Swish Appeal did a statistical analysis to compare the two as college players: Who's the better Kelsey: Plum or Mitchell?

Quote:
Kelsey Plum and Kelsey Mitchell are two great college players, and play similar roles for their teams. It’s hard to say which one will be a better pro player.

Interesting article.

Plum surely isn't amongst the more athletic players in the league. Heck, she was never even considered one of the more athletic college players. She's not fast, but before the ankle injury she was quicker than defenders thought. She was able to increase her scoring average by nearly 6 points from junior year to senior year without attempting more shots, and ESPN Sport Science explained how: The science behind Plum's shot is comparable to Curry's

She gets her shot off faster than Klay Thompson does, and she's also quick enough with her footwork and a hip rotation to keep her mechanics consistent.

After watching her for four years, I said that I didn't know what kind of pro she would be or how successful she would be at the next level. We still don't know. I haven't watched Mitchell much (none this year), but when I saw her last year, I remember being impressed. I wish her all the best. When it comes to the WNBA, though, every year there is less and less space for the undersized shoot-first guards who are sub-par defenders (although, according to Swish Appeal, one of the Kelseys is not as bad a defender as everyone thinks).

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/14/18 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Plum will be one of my favorites for MOP along with B.Sykes and N.Howard.

Did you mean MIP?

Nope. MOP. Seems more likely to me than MIP.

<iframe width="427" height="240" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/21OH0wlkfbc?list=FL_Y1sAcZEzXWAxtcpR3_mJw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For MOP, I thought right away of this one:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VNLYnxelHZc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Randy

PostPosted: 02/14/18 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MOP = Most Offensive Player. Currently held by Candice Wiggins, who took it over from Sophia Young.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/14/18 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bcdawg04 wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Let's keep this discussion on track. J-Spoon asked why is K. Mitchell a better pro prospect than Plum? We can only compare at the college level, and there it's pretty obvious the two are similar type players: ball-dominant scoring guards even when filling the PG slot. One player holds the all-time scoring record, the other is trying to catch her. Both are OK but not great at dishing the ball, neither is a defensive stalwart. So, what's the difference in potential? I think Mitchell is a better athlete and a little bigger. You can try to make arguments about decision-making or attitude, but I don't think there's a lot of tangible evidence in that regard -- just a lot of rumors and personal opinions. So, keeping it simple, IMHO Mitchell is a better prospect because she has physical advantages.

A year ago, Swish Appeal did a statistical analysis to compare the two as college players: Who's the better Kelsey: Plum or Mitchell?

Quote:
Kelsey Plum and Kelsey Mitchell are two great college players, and play similar roles for their teams. It’s hard to say which one will be a better pro player.

Interesting article.

Plum surely isn't amongst the more athletic players in the league. Heck, she was never even considered one of the more athletic college players. She's not fast, but before the ankle injury she was quicker than defenders thought. She was able to increase her scoring average by nearly 6 points from junior year to senior year without attempting more shots, and ESPN Sport Science explained how: The science behind Plum's shot is comparable to Curry's

She gets her shot off faster than Klay Thompson does, and she's also quick enough with her footwork and a hip rotation to keep her mechanics consistent.

After watching her for four years, I said that I didn't know what kind of pro she would be or how successful she would be at the next level. We still don't know. I haven't watched Mitchell much (none this year), but when I saw her last year, I remember being impressed. I wish her all the best. When it comes to the WNBA, though, every year there is less and less space for the undersized shoot-first guards who are sub-par defenders (although, according to Swish Appeal, one of the Kelseys is not as bad a defender as everyone thinks).

I believe that scoring increase was due to more calls by silly refs when she jumped into defenders Laughing

adamj95

PostPosted: 02/14/18 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With LA signing Pondexter, if Nurse somehow falls, the Lynx should be able to get her.

PostPosted: 02/14/18 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
With LA signing Pondexter, if Nurse somehow falls, the Lynx should be able to get her.

Not sure I get the connection. If she falls to 12 the Lynx got her (if they want).

adamj95

PostPosted: 02/14/18 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Not sure I get the connection. If she falls to 12 the Lynx got her (if they want).

LA got another guard so if Nurse is available at 11, they probably won't draft her. Didn't word my first post right.

PostPosted: 02/14/18 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

If it were Nurse vs Vadeeva vs Russell at #12, that would be a dilemma, but a nice dilemma to have.

But yeah, even if the Lynx were to sign a vet guard, there’d still be room for Nurse. But they wouldn’t be able to roster another guard on top of that. If the Lynx do sign a vet guard, I’m leaning for them to draft a post with #12 if a nice one is available (not 5’11 Shakayla Thomas).

adamj95

PostPosted: 02/14/18 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

If it were Nurse vs Vadeeva vs Russell at #12, that would be a dilemma, but a nice dilemma to have.

But yeah, even if the Lynx were to sign a vet guard, there’d still be room for Nurse. But they wouldn’t be able to roster another guard on top of that. If the Lynx do sign a vet guard, I’m leaning for them to draft a post with #12 if a nice one is available (not 5’11 Shakayla Thomas).

I think it'd be hard to pass up Nurse at #12 but if Vadeeva is available, I think you have to go with her.

PostPosted: 02/14/18 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
I believe that scoring increase was due to more calls by silly refs when she jumped into defenders Laughing

I'm not sure what you're talking about. It's not like they ever gave her much of anything against the Cardinal. Razz

Like that Elite 8 game, when that late call went against her that nobody outside of Stanford fans agreed with--Ticha Penicheiro and a few current WNBA players actually tweeted their disagreement with the call. Haha, I guess I've got to give the Pac-12 refs credit for being consistent in that regard. Razz

blaase22

PostPosted: 02/14/18 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

I think it'd be hard to pass up Nurse at #12 but if Vadeeva is available, I think you have to go with her.

Take Nurse and run and hope Vadeeva is there at 17
Doubt she shows up much at all anyway.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 02/15/18 7:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@BillDoyle15: Ex-Celtic Dee Brown, GM of Clippers G-league team, is at Garden tonight. Before the game he predicted his daughter, Lexie, a star at Duke, would be a top three or four pick in the WNBA draft. The Celtics took Dee No. 19 in 1990.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/15/18 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bcdawg04 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

I'm not sure what you're talking about. It's not like they ever gave her much of anything against the Cardinal. Razz

Like that Elite 8 game, when that late call went against her that nobody outside of Stanford fans agreed with--Ticha Penicheiro and a few current WNBA players actually tweeted their disagreement with the call. Haha, I guess I've got to give the Pac-12 refs credit for being consistent in that regard. Razz

BS she got more calls than any player in the PAC. Of course you are a homer, I am not defending Stanford I am talking about the whole PAC Laughing Plus when she didn't get a call she acted like a diva and threw elbows and Neighbors whined like a B....tch and apparently a lot more according to the fans of opposing teams as demonstrated by some posters on here. How'd she do down the stretch there in the NCAA.... oh thats right Osahor and Walton were carrying the team.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/15/18 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
@BillDoyle15: Ex-Celtic Dee Brown, GM of Clippers G-league team, is at Garden tonight. Before the game he predicted his daughter, Lexie, a star at Duke, would be a top three or four pick in the WNBA draft. The Celtics took Dee No. 19 in 1990.

Not the best prediction. This guy sounds like a homer Wink

She has said she wanted go to the Sparks, but I can’t see her falling quite that far, and the Sparks are already overloaded at guard.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/15/18 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dee Brown coached in the W, so he should have some idea what it takes to make it.

PostPosted: 02/15/18 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Dee Brown coached in the W, so he should have some idea what it takes to make it.

Two years at two different teams, I’m guessing with little success. Not much of a resume to support your assertion.

I’d be pleasantly surprised if he was following women’s basketball closely enough to know who are the top picks. He don’t know. If you don’t know Lexie Brown isn’t Top 4, that’s an even bigger disappointment.

She’ll stick around the league if she wants. Top 4? No.

If Duke wins the NCAA tournament on her back, I may think differently. I mean, Stocks is as much a rookie as Curt Miller. Otherwise, just no.

sigur3

PostPosted: 02/15/18 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:

Good luck!

blaase22

PostPosted: 02/15/18 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

Good luck!

won't be losing sleep over someone that won't show up anyway. Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 02/15/18 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

Good luck!

She’s gotten too much hype from just about everyone, even though no one can really explain the hype. She probably won’t leave the first round unless she shows a disinterest in the WNBA.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 02/15/18 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

Good luck!

other then Liz and Ann how many foreign players get drafted and miss a bunch of seasons? Maybe Vadeeva is looking forward to playing in the WNBA and will show up often, I would take her over Kia in a heartbeat.
blaase22

PostPosted: 02/15/18 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

Good luck!

other then Liz and Ann how many foreign players get drafted and miss a bunch of seasons? Maybe Vadeeva is looking forward to playing in the WNBA and will show up often, I would take her over Kia in a heartbeat.

There's lots more that don't show up, torrens?
Also she's not just foreign she's russian and they are less likely to show hope La takes her tbh.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 54 of 93

Jump to: