RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Minnesota Lynx 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6926



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/18 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
With Cappie signed to the Sparks, the only hope Minnesota has now to have any guard depth at all would be to try and lure Ivory Latta. She’s the lone unrestricted free agent left isn’t she?


Ajavon is still out there. Maybe they can lure Shoni Schmimmel off the reservation. And there's an endless of supply of Brianna Kiesel level guards.


Most of them were the Dream "Player of the Week" last season.



_________________
The fault...lies not not in our stars but in ourselves that we are losers.
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6926



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/18 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Shades put Prince for #12 out there

I would do it if I was NY. I think we need to mix things up, break up the Prince/Rodgers log jam at the sg spot and open up minutes for Hartley and Boyd and L. Allen by sliding Hartley to the 2 spot half the time. Also I really want to keep Rodgers and I doubt Minny trades a 1st round pick for Rodgers after letting her go for a 3rd round pick.

Minny gets the veteran guard who can score and play a few minutes at either guard spot.


As I recall it wasn't even a 3rd round pick but merely the right to exchange 3rd round draft positions. Someone said it was the best example possible of a "bag of chips."



_________________
The fault...lies not not in our stars but in ourselves that we are losers.
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 21517



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/18 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree NY should deal either Rodgers or Prince, but wouldn't give either away for a #12 pick.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 45925



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/18 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Shades put Prince for #12 out there


That was before Sparks overloaded at guard. Might be able to get Riquna, Essence, or Syd the Kid for cheaper.

J-Spoon wrote:
I would do it if I was NY. I think we need to mix things up, break up the Prince/Rodgers log jam at the sg spot and open up minutes for Hartley and Boyd and L. Allen by sliding Hartley to the 2 spot half the time. Also I really want to keep Rodgers and I doubt Minny trades a 1st round pick for Rodgers after letting her go for a 3rd round pick.


It wasn’t even a third round pick, Spooner. It was a swap of third round picks. It’s the minimum you can trade and still be considered a trade. The Lynx were obviously doing the Libs a favor by not cutting Rodgers to bi-pass the waiver system.

J-Spoon wrote:
Minny gets the veteran guard who can score and play a few minutes at either guard spot.


I could see the Lynx waiting until their turn at #12 in the draft, seeing what’s available, and if what they want isn’t there, possibly making a trade then... just like what happened when they traded #14 for Jia Perkins.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18722



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/18 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are people forgetting how well Alexis Jones played down the stretch and in the postseason?

Kizer and Jones are a good start. I agree with Richyyy that Cheryl is most likely looking at other teams' rosters and seeing what falls out of the tree.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 15012



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/18 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ivory Latta is still available.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
blaase22



Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 3536
Location: Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/18 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Elated that the lynx did not sign cappie.


MNfan22



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 2697



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/15/18 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Ivory Latta is still available.

Pass



_________________
Minnesota Lynx-est 1999-WNBA Champs! '11,'13,'15, '17
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 6663
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/15/18 1:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Ivory Latta is still available.

Pass

Really? She is someone I have been thinking would fit well. Offensively the Lynx could use a high end 3 point shooter off the bench who can also handle the ball.

On the other hand, is Tanisha Wright still out there on the market? A top-notch defender with some handles would work as well.



_________________
Covfefe when the walls fell.
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4177



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/15/18 1:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Are people forgetting how well Alexis Jones played down the stretch and in the postseason?

Kizer and Jones are a good start. I agree with Richyyy that Cheryl is most likely looking at other teams' rosters and seeing what falls out of the tree.


I think A. Jones is the future in Minny, but atm she is the only back-up for both Whalen and Augustus. I think Jones will be relied on heavily this year, but I would want some other options, she would basically be getting her own minutes from last year as well as Montgomery and Perkins. Reeve's also seems like she prefers the steady hand of a vet in certain situations. I guess Anna Cruz could come back.

I guess if Minny is ready to build a little more they can draft a guard with #12 someone decent should still be there

Scaife, Atkins, outside shot at Nurse or a free falling Canada, or a wing maybe Vivians, Nared, S. Thomas, or even reach if Reeve's likes someone like Goodwyn or Flaherty.


Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7518



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/15/18 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Are people forgetting how well Alexis Jones played down the stretch and in the postseason?

Kizer and Jones are a good start. I agree with Richyyy that Cheryl is most likely looking at other teams' rosters and seeing what falls out of the tree.


I think A. Jones is the future in Minny, but atm she is the only back-up for both Whalen and Augustus. I think Jones will be relied on heavily this year, but I would want some other options, she would basically be getting her own minutes from last year as well as Montgomery and Perkins. Reeve's also seems like she prefers the steady hand of a vet in certain situations. I guess Anna Cruz could come back.

I guess if Minny is ready to build a little more they can draft a guard with #12 someone decent should still be there

Scaife, Atkins, outside shot at Nurse or a free falling Canada, or a wing maybe Vivians, Nared, S. Thomas, or even reach if Reeve's likes someone like Goodwyn or Flaherty.


They need another vet guard, definitely, but it doesn't have to be a point guard necessarily. So, Latta's not the only choice. I just can't see them choosing to have both their guards be so young. If Whalen or Augustus miss even one game, you just cannot have Jones starting and a rookie as the only guard backing her up. I can't see them going into the draft still not having someone either through signing or through trade.


MNfan22



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 2697



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/16/18 2:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
MNfan22 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Ivory Latta is still available.

Pass

Really? She is someone I have been thinking would fit well. Offensively the Lynx could use a high end 3 point shooter off the bench who can also handle the ball.

On the other hand, is Tanisha Wright still out there on the market? A top-notch defender with some handles would work as well.

Too small and not enough D for me. On the other hand, the latter, I'd be more ok with.



_________________
Minnesota Lynx-est 1999-WNBA Champs! '11,'13,'15, '17
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin