RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

2018 Gold Medal Count

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 55568
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/10/18 5:53 pm    ::: 2018 Gold Medal Count Reply Reply with quote

Germany has two

Netherlands, South Korea, and Sweden have one each



_________________
Is the relinquishment of the trial by jury and the liberty of the press necessary for your liberty? Will the abandonment of your most sacred rights tend to the security of your liberty? Liberty, the greatest of all earthly blessings—give us that precious jewel, and you may take every thing else!… Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel.


Last edited by pilight on 02/13/18 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 55568
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/18 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Germany continues to lead with three

Netherlands has two

Austria, France, Norway, South Korea, Sweden, and the USA have one each



_________________
Is the relinquishment of the trial by jury and the liberty of the press necessary for your liberty? Will the abandonment of your most sacred rights tend to the security of your liberty? Liberty, the greatest of all earthly blessings—give us that precious jewel, and you may take every thing else!… Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel.
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 55568
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/18 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Germany has four

Netherlands has three

Canada, France, Norway, and the USA have two

Austria, South Korea, and Sweden have one



_________________
Is the relinquishment of the trial by jury and the liberty of the press necessary for your liberty? Will the abandonment of your most sacred rights tend to the security of your liberty? Liberty, the greatest of all earthly blessings—give us that precious jewel, and you may take every thing else!… Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel.
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 16759
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/18 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Germany has four

Netherlands has three

Canada, France, Norway, and the USA have two

Austria, South Korea, and Sweden have one


A bit behind (unless you are only counting gold medals)...

NOR 9
GER 7
NED 7
CAN 7
USA 4
FRA 3
JPN 3

http://www.espn.com/olympics/winter/2018/medals


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 55568
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/18 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Germany has four

Netherlands has three

Canada, France, Norway, and the USA have two

Austria, South Korea, and Sweden have one


A bit behind (unless you are only counting gold medals)...

NOR 9
GER 7
NED 7
CAN 7
USA 4
FRA 3
JPN 3

http://www.espn.com/olympics/winter/2018/medals


I've only been counting Gold Medals



_________________
Is the relinquishment of the trial by jury and the liberty of the press necessary for your liberty? Will the abandonment of your most sacred rights tend to the security of your liberty? Liberty, the greatest of all earthly blessings—give us that precious jewel, and you may take every thing else!… Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel.
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 55568
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/18 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Germany has five

Netherlands has four

Canada, Norway, and the USA have three

Austria, France, and Sweden have two

Italy and South Korea have one



_________________
Is the relinquishment of the trial by jury and the liberty of the press necessary for your liberty? Will the abandonment of your most sacred rights tend to the security of your liberty? Liberty, the greatest of all earthly blessings—give us that precious jewel, and you may take every thing else!… Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel.
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 55568
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/15/18 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Germany has nine

Norway has six

Netherlands and USA have five

Canada has four

France and Sweden have three

Austria has two

Italy and South Korea have one



_________________
Is the relinquishment of the trial by jury and the liberty of the press necessary for your liberty? Will the abandonment of your most sacred rights tend to the security of your liberty? Liberty, the greatest of all earthly blessings—give us that precious jewel, and you may take every thing else!… Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel.
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 15021



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/18 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The U.S. Is On Pace For A Lousy Olympics

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-u-s-is-on-pace-for-a-lousy-olympics/?sf182573869=1



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 6666
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/18 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The U.S. Is On Pace For A Lousy Olympics

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-u-s-is-on-pace-for-a-lousy-olympics/?sf182573869=1

Honestly, the US could come home with only one gold, and if it were either the men's or women's ice hockey I would call it a huge success. And if their only golds were in both, it would be one of the greatest Olympics ever.

Seriously, how many people remember how many gold medals we won in 1980 in Lake Placid? What they remember is the Miracle on Ice.



_________________
Covfefe when the walls fell.
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 15021



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/18 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Women's hockey team, possibly. The men's hockey team has about a 2% chance of medalling.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 6666
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/18 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Women's hockey team, possibly. The men's hockey team has about a 2% chance of medalling.

Agreed. Which is why if they actually did it that is all anyone would even care about.



_________________
Covfefe when the walls fell.
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 2232
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/18 2:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

USA Women's Hockey wins the Gold in an overtime shootout. Great game, great finish, though I would prefer they play it out.

Matty Rooney makes the final save in the sixth round.

Glad I live in the West so the game didn't end after 2am.

Congratulations.


justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 6666
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/18 3:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
USA Women's Hockey wins the Gold in an overtime shootout. Great game, great finish, though I would prefer they play it out.

Matty Rooney makes the final save in the sixth round.

Glad I live in the West so the game didn't end after 2am.

Congratulations.

It was an amazing game. The Olympics are now a complete success to me.

And Minnesota represented.

An interesting tidbit: that shot Jocelyne Lamoureux used to win the shootout? She calls it her "Oops, I did it again" shot.

As for the shootout, I think it's the only feasible way to handle it since women's hockey isn't the only event held on the Olympic Ice. If they kept playing they could potentially throw the entire schedule off. Basically the Olympics are the only time I am okay with a shootout deciding a game.



_________________
Covfefe when the walls fell.
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4304



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/18 7:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
USA Women's Hockey wins the Gold in an overtime shootout. Great game, great finish, though I would prefer they play it out.

Matty Rooney makes the final save in the sixth round.

Glad I live in the West so the game didn't end after 2am.

Congratulations.

It was an amazing game. The Olympics are now a complete success to me.

And Minnesota represented.

An interesting tidbit: that shot Jocelyne Lamoureux used to win the shootout? She calls it her "Oops, I did it again" shot.

As for the shootout, I think it's the only feasible way to handle it since women's hockey isn't the only event held on the Olympic Ice. If they kept playing they could potentially throw the entire schedule off. Basically the Olympics are the only time I am okay with a shootout deciding a game.


Didn't see the game. Honestly didn't realize it was on. But given that I fell asleep before the start time on TV, I'm not sorry I didn't stay up til 2am to watch. I saw the replay video of the shootout so that was cool.

And five of the players are from Boston College so GO EAGLES!

To be truthful, I have not really cared about the Winter Olympics this year. However, Olympic hockey has always been the one event I do care about. So I'm glad the women's team won.
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 15021



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/18 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The biggest surprise for Team USA, the men's curling team. Big upset over Canada in the semis.

https://www.nbcolympics.com/news/mens-curling-semifinals-usa-headed-first-gold-medal-game-5-4-win-over-canada



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 6666
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/23/18 1:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The biggest surprise for Team USA, the men's curling team. Big upset over Canada in the semis.

https://www.nbcolympics.com/news/mens-curling-semifinals-usa-headed-first-gold-medal-game-5-4-win-over-canada

Though by far the best story out of curling is the "Garlic Girls". They've become international superstars and they don't even know it (they chose to turn off their phones to keep focus, and their coach keeps them away from the media and other potential distractions).



_________________
Covfefe when the walls fell.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin