RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Seattle Storm 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4177



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Howard can play the SF spot as well as PF spot

Bird/Peterson
Loyd/Whitcomb
Howard/Clark/KML
Stewart/Crvendakic
Langhorne/Paris

#5 Canada, L. Brown, maybe even Nurse if Hughes likes her

I could still see another trade but this works, maybe drop Peterson and keep L. Montgomery or add a waiver wire big

There was an early rumor of Langhonre and Currie reuniting anything on the Mystics seem like a good deal for Seattle?


dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18722



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So you all think a team with Stewart, Bird, Loyd, Howard and Langhorne as a core is a lottery team?

Really?

And I wouldn’t give up on Petersen and just jump at that point guard if she isn’t the best available. Big jumps can be had from year one to year two.

There could be a really good puzzle piece at five.


#Occasionalwnbafan



Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1247



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Okay....Seattle now has post depth,and a draft pick....signing S.Johnson would be the icing on the cake.

The Storm will win 20+ games


Coming off an injury? No. Besides, they need a PG more.


Seattle can Draft or trade for a PG...The storm desperately need a wing with some size.


sigur3 wrote:


Are you sure this time?


Yeah…..Giving Minnesota the option of swapping 1st rd picks in 2019 tells me that Seattle has another signing or trade up their sleeve....Seattle has no option but to make the playoffs.


I would be all for the Wings moving Davis and Lewis to Seattle for Lang and KML or Whitecomb.
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7518



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
So you all think a team with Stewart, Bird, Loyd, Howard and Langhorne as a core is a lottery team?

Really?

And I wouldn’t give up on Petersen and just jump at that point guard if she isn’t the best available. Big jumps can be had from year one to year two.

There could be a really good puzzle piece at five.


I place a lot of the blame on Boucek's system last year. Players looked scared to shoot and seemed to be over-thinking. Of course one injury could break their season but the same can be said for the Lynx, especially now. I see youth and athleticism now plus a hard nosed rim protector. Paris is not the perfect answer but she will save Stewart from a lot of wear and tear.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19793
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
So you all think a team with Stewart, Bird, Loyd, Howard and Langhorne as a core is a lottery team?

Really?

A team with Stewart, Bird, Loyd and Langhorne was pretty damn ordinary last season, when between them they only missed five total games. Adding someone a lot of us have liked based on the flashes we've seen - but who's been a 13mpg backup all four years she's been in the WNBA - is gonna take them from 15-19 to something special? Whie everyone stays as healthy and available as last year? Really?

I think the primary hope for Seattle is that Dan Hughes is a big, big step up from Jenny Boucek. The roster is a little better than last year, but going into the next season about 90% of teams around the league tend to think that.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14545
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
So you all think a team with Stewart, Bird, Loyd, Howard and Langhorne as a core is a lottery team?

Really?

A team with Stewart, Bird, Loyd and Langhorne was pretty damn ordinary last season, when between them they only missed five total games. Adding someone a lot of us have liked based on the flashes we've seen - but who's been a 13mpg backup all four years she's been in the WNBA - is gonna take them from 15-19 to something special? Whie everyone stays as healthy and available as last year? Really?

I think the primary hope for Seattle is that Dan Hughes is a big, big step up from Jenny Boucek. The roster is a little better than last year, but going into the next season about 90% of teams around the league tend to think that.


Adding Howard and Paris is a solid addition though because one of the biggest problems that the Storm had was no bench production. Howard and Paris should solve that IF Langhorne stays with the team. It takes the pressure of your big 3/4 to perform night in night out.

If they trade Langhorne then it only would work if you get a decent PG in return that can take over from Bird when she retires. If not then its probably not worth it IMO.

Maybe a 3 team trade with the Dream and Sky. That the Storm get Clarendon, Sky get Langhorne and the Dream get...



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18722



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
So you all think a team with Stewart, Bird, Loyd, Howard and Langhorne as a core is a lottery team?

Really?

A team with Stewart, Bird, Loyd and Langhorne was pretty damn ordinary last season, when between them they only missed five total games. Adding someone a lot of us have liked based on the flashes we've seen - but who's been a 13mpg backup all four years she's been in the WNBA - is gonna take them from 15-19 to something special? Whie everyone stays as healthy and available as last year? Really?

I think the primary hope for Seattle is that Dan Hughes is a big, big step up from Jenny Boucek. The roster is a little better than last year, but going into the next season about 90% of teams around the league tend to think that.


1. It's a given Hughes is better than Jenny B.
2. The core with Howard and Dan's system is better than the core with Alysha Clark starting in Jenny's system
3. Look what Dan did with Sophia Young. I see Howard in a similar fashion.
4. If Connecticut hadn't believe in 13mpg backup Jasmine Thomaa where would they be.
5. If you are Seattle, who has made the playoffs albeit but the skin of their teeth, do you think adding Paris for Swords, Howard for nothing, and the number five pick will help you make the playoffs? I'd take that gamble that the swap of picks will be only a couple of picks.

I really don't see this as big a gamble as you do. You gotta take some chances when you are chasing teams led by Moore, Ogwumike & Parker, Griner & Taurasi, and Diggins & Cambage.

It's nice to see teams not being wimps anymore and actually going for it.


Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7518



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
So you all think a team with Stewart, Bird, Loyd, Howard and Langhorne as a core is a lottery team?

Really?

A team with Stewart, Bird, Loyd and Langhorne was pretty damn ordinary last season, when between them they only missed five total games. Adding someone a lot of us have liked based on the flashes we've seen - but who's been a 13mpg backup all four years she's been in the WNBA - is gonna take them from 15-19 to something special? Whie everyone stays as healthy and available as last year? Really?

I think the primary hope for Seattle is that Dan Hughes is a big, big step up from Jenny Boucek. The roster is a little better than last year, but going into the next season about 90% of teams around the league tend to think that.


1. It's a given Hughes is better than Jenny B.
2. The core with Howard and Dan's system is better than the core with Alysha Clark starting in Jenny's system
3. Look what Dan did with Sophia Young. I see Howard in a similar fashion.
4. If Connecticut hadn't believe in 13mpg backup Jasmine Thomaa where would they be.
5. If you are Seattle, who has made the playoffs albeit but the skin of their teeth, do you think adding Paris for Swords, Howard for nothing, and the number five pick will help you make the playoffs? I'd take that gamble that the swap of picks will be only a couple of picks.

I really don't see this as big a gamble as you do. You gotta take some chances when you are chasing teams led by Moore, Ogwumike & Parker, Griner & Taurasi, and Diggins & Cambage.

It's nice to see teams not being wimps anymore and actually going for it.


Plus, Bird's window is closing. This is the time to assemble pieces for a run, not meekly hope that next year's draft gives you something to build on. Hopefully the 5 pick or Peterson can be that PG of the future.


craigmont



Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Posts: 393
Location: Bing-town


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Starting a staring rebounder like Paris next to a shot blocker like Stewart, would make more sense then staring Langhorne.


Yeah,like really...is Seattle going to play Paris/KML at the same time off the bench ?

Moves Seattle should consider:

1.Draft Russell,Canada,or Brown.

2.Sign S.Johnson.

3.Sign L.Kizer-Was a near double digit scorer in limited minutes in 2015/2016.

4.Trade KML for a late 1st rd or early 2nd rd pick.

5.Trade Langhorne for a late 1st rd pick or young player.

6.Sign O'Hea.

7.Trade for Tolo.


Zune i like options 1-5 for seattle. STarting Paris will not make this team better nor would starting Paris with KML . This team needs help fast .

KML has improved, but no way does she bring back a 1st or 2nd round draft pick.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19793
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All I said was that it was a gamble, which I think is pretty fair. I don't see any guarantees that Seattle are going to be good. Beyond that, most of my arguments have simply been devil's advocate responses to what other people have said. Especially with Bird on the way out sometime soon, I can certainly understand making a move with risk involved.

From the outside we don't know whether the player would've been willing to do it, but I'd have been tempted to just hand Howard the offer sheet and have her sign it. Then the gamble instead is that you get her for nothing or you move on and find a different option.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 15012



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Aces have their question marks on how good (or bad) they'll be. But at this point I see Seattle finishing last in the West and out of the play-offs.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7518



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

From the outside we don't know whether the player would've been willing to do it, but I'd have been tempted to just hand Howard the offer sheet and have her sign it. Then the gamble instead is that you get her for nothing or you move on and find a different option.


I would have as well. It's possible that they had a sense of what would work and what wouldn't.


#Occasionalwnbafan



Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1247



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
So you all think a team with Stewart, Bird, Loyd, Howard and Langhorne as a core is a lottery team?

Really?

A team with Stewart, Bird, Loyd and Langhorne was pretty damn ordinary last season, when between them they only missed five total games. Adding someone a lot of us have liked based on the flashes we've seen - but who's been a 13mpg backup all four years she's been in the WNBA - is gonna take them from 15-19 to something special? Whie everyone stays as healthy and available as last year? Really?

I think the primary hope for Seattle is that Dan Hughes is a big, big step up from Jenny Boucek. The roster is a little better than last year, but going into the next season about 90% of teams around the league tend to think that.


1. It's a given Hughes is better than Jenny B.
2. The core with Howard and Dan's system is better than the core with Alysha Clark starting in Jenny's system
3. Look what Dan did with Sophia Young. I see Howard in a similar fashion.
4. If Connecticut hadn't believe in 13mpg backup Jasmine Thomaa where would they be.
5. If you are Seattle, who has made the playoffs albeit but the skin of their teeth, do you think adding Paris for Swords, Howard for nothing, and the number five pick will help you make the playoffs? I'd take that gamble that the swap of picks will be only a couple of picks.

I really don't see this as big a gamble as you do. You gotta take some chances when you are chasing teams led by Moore, Ogwumike & Parker, Griner & Taurasi, and Diggins & Cambage.

It's nice to see teams not being wimps anymore and actually going for it.


Not sure you can really play Howard, Stewart, and Langhorne together. I'm not seeing this Stewart at the 3 thing that most people seem to.
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14545
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
So you all think a team with Stewart, Bird, Loyd, Howard and Langhorne as a core is a lottery team?

Really?

A team with Stewart, Bird, Loyd and Langhorne was pretty damn ordinary last season, when between them they only missed five total games. Adding someone a lot of us have liked based on the flashes we've seen - but who's been a 13mpg backup all four years she's been in the WNBA - is gonna take them from 15-19 to something special? Whie everyone stays as healthy and available as last year? Really?

I think the primary hope for Seattle is that Dan Hughes is a big, big step up from Jenny Boucek. The roster is a little better than last year, but going into the next season about 90% of teams around the league tend to think that.


1. It's a given Hughes is better than Jenny B.
2. The core with Howard and Dan's system is better than the core with Alysha Clark starting in Jenny's system
3. Look what Dan did with Sophia Young. I see Howard in a similar fashion.
4. If Connecticut hadn't believe in 13mpg backup Jasmine Thomaa where would they be.
5. If you are Seattle, who has made the playoffs albeit but the skin of their teeth, do you think adding Paris for Swords, Howard for nothing, and the number five pick will help you make the playoffs? I'd take that gamble that the swap of picks will be only a couple of picks.

I really don't see this as big a gamble as you do. You gotta take some chances when you are chasing teams led by Moore, Ogwumike & Parker, Griner & Taurasi, and Diggins & Cambage.

It's nice to see teams not being wimps anymore and actually going for it.


Not sure you can really play Howard, Stewart, and Langhorne together. I'm not seeing this Stewart at the 3 thing that most people seem to.


I dont see that either tbh. If you have Stewart defending 3's on the perimeter that means that you are even smaller in the post then before with Howard and Langhorne both at 6'2 ( if you are generous)
And tbh i dont want her at the 3 on offense either. She needs to get easier buckets closer at the ring through post ups. Less hanging out at the perimeter and not getting enough shot opportunities like last year.
Howard at the 3 i would try but i dont know if she will do a better job defensively on the likes of Maya, Angel, EDD etc. then Clark. But its another option for sure. Maybe she can turn into Bonner 2.0 on defense



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 15012



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Storm are still very weak at SF and their back-up PG options are Peterson & Quinn. I'm going to guess and say they take a PG at #5(L. Brown) as that seems like their best option.

PG: Bird/L. Brown
SG: Loyd/Whitcomb/Quinn
SF: Clark/KML
PF: Langhorne/Howard/Crvendakic
C: Langhorne/Paris

For me this is a lottery team. Not much improvement. Brown replaces Peterson & Howard replaces Tokashiki(upgrade). Crvendakic might be a project for Hughes.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 45925



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The Storm are still very weak at SF and their back-up PG options are Peterson & Quinn. I'm going to guess and say they take a PG at #5(L. Brown) as that seems like their best option.

PG: Bird/L. Brown
SG: Loyd/Whitcomb/Quinn
SF: Clark/KML
PF: Langhorne/Howard/Crvendakic
C: Langhorne/Paris

For me this is a lottery team. Not much improvement. Brown replaces Peterson & Howard replaces Tokashiki(upgrade). Crvendakic might be a project for Hughes.


Two Langhornes and no Stewart? You’ve got me feeling better about that 2019 pick already. Wink



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 45925



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bird/Plum
Loyd/Quinn/Whitcomb
Clark/KML
Stewart/Howard/Crvendakic
Paris/Russell

Langhorne traded for Plum + $20 HyVee gift card

This lineup has me trembling



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 17939



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
All I said was that it was a gamble, which I think is pretty fair. I don't see any guarantees that Seattle are going to be good. Beyond that, most of my arguments have simply been devil's advocate responses to what other people have said. Especially with Bird on the way out sometime soon, I can certainly understand making a move with risk involved.

From the outside we don't know whether the player would've been willing to do it, but I'd have been tempted to just hand Howard the offer sheet and have her sign it. Then the gamble instead is that you get her for nothing or you move on and find a different option.


I could see Seattle improving on last season, but I have nothing concrete to base it on other that my perception that last season it felt like they managed to be worse than the sum of their parts. So while the idea of having Dan Hughes is more "meh, ok" to me than "great signing", I think he's potentially the biggest potential factor for improvement.
It feels like a lot of wishful thinking, but having said that I've seen plenty of times in sport where a group has been revitalised without adding big star power, so fingers crossed.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 15012



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
The Storm are still very weak at SF and their back-up PG options are Peterson & Quinn. I'm going to guess and say they take a PG at #5(L. Brown) as that seems like their best option.

PG: Bird/L. Brown
SG: Loyd/Whitcomb/Quinn
SF: Clark/KML
PF: Langhorne/Howard/Crvendakic
C: Langhorne/Paris

For me this is a lottery team. Not much improvement. Brown replaces Peterson & Howard replaces Tokashiki(upgrade). Crvendakic might be a project for Hughes.


Two Langhornes and no Stewart? You’ve got me feeling better about that 2019 pick already. Wink


whoops. long day at work.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14545
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
All I said was that it was a gamble, which I think is pretty fair. I don't see any guarantees that Seattle are going to be good. Beyond that, most of my arguments have simply been devil's advocate responses to what other people have said. Especially with Bird on the way out sometime soon, I can certainly understand making a move with risk involved.

From the outside we don't know whether the player would've been willing to do it, but I'd have been tempted to just hand Howard the offer sheet and have her sign it. Then the gamble instead is that you get her for nothing or you move on and find a different option.


I could see Seattle improving on last season, but I have nothing concrete to base it on other that my perception that last season it felt like they managed to be worse than the sum of their parts. So while the idea of having Dan Hughes is more "meh, ok" to me than "great signing", I think he's potentially the biggest potential factor for improvement.
It feels like a lot of wishful thinking, but having said that I've seen plenty of times in sport where a group has been revitalised without adding big star power, so fingers crossed.


I think everyone can agree on that the Storm underperformed last season. What is the chance that they will do that again? I think they will be better then last season but some of the other teams have improved aswell. So i think they will be in the same situation as last season. Fighting for those last 2 spots is my guess



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6926



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It could turn out Seattle got Howard really cheap, or really expensive. They seem to have 3 players who are really 4's (Langhorne, Stewart and Howard), with Paris at center. Maybe Langhorne gets traded this time for a 3 or a backup PG and a draft pick. idk.



_________________
The fault...lies not not in our stars but in ourselves that we are losers.
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4177



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Bird/Plum
Loyd/Quinn/Whitcomb
Clark/KML
Stewart/Howard/Crvendakic
Paris/Russell

Langhorne traded for Plum + $20 HyVee gift card

This lineup has me trembling


Langhorne for Plum is an interesting Idea, If I'm seattle I would try and get Vegas to throw in #13.

Though I would prefer Langhorne for Jefferson.

my third variation would be Jefferson and #13 for #5. Jefferson becomes the heir apparent and Seattle get to keep Langhorne.

The question is would Vegas want Langhorne? I think she would be a big help their but would Bill?

Currie also teased about a reunion with Langhorne so how about

Langhorne for TRP and #19 (increase defense on the perimeter)
Langhorne for #7 (another young gun for the Storm, maybe do Russell at 5 and Canada or Brown at 7, or G. Williams at 5 and Russell or Billings at 7)
or Lanhorne for future 1st round pick

Lang would be a decent replacement for Meesseman.


merlina



Joined: 07 Jun 2015
Posts: 90



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/18 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would only want Plum if they could get her for just the gift card. But I like the idea of Langhorne for 7.


Admiral_Needa



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 9478
Location: Tiburon, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/18 2:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
It could turn out Seattle got Howard really cheap, or really expensive. They seem to have 3 players who are really 4's (Langhorne, Stewart and Howard), with Paris at center. Maybe Langhorne gets traded this time for a 3 or a backup PG and a draft pick. idk.



I like Howard in general, and I definitely like the price... Idea

Perhaps Dan Hughes is bringing his GM skills to table. After that Swords trade last year, I wasn't that optimistic... Razz



_________________
2002 WNBA Virtual GM Overall Winner
2006 WNBA Triple Threat Overall Winner
2007 NBA ESPN Fast Break Overall Winner
sithinfiltrator



Joined: 11 Mar 2006
Posts: 136
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/18 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Remember that Dan isn't the GM for the Storm, Alisha Valavanis is. She was the one who made the Swords trade last year and she is more than likely the one who made this trade. I bet Dan had some input, but it is her decision to make.



_________________
Lisa Stevens
Storm STH
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6050



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/18 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trade proposal:

1.#5 pk & Langhorne to NY for Stokes,L.Allen,#10,& NY's 2019 2nd rd pk

2.KML for 2019 2nd rd pk


PG: Bird/Allen
SG: Loyd/Whitcomb/Quinn
SF: Clark/#10 pk
PF: Stewart/Howard/Crvendakic
C: Stokes/Paris

Seattle would have two great post defenders instead of one.


Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7518



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/10/18 2:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sithinfiltrator wrote:
Remember that Dan isn't the GM for the Storm, Alisha Valavanis is. She was the one who made the Swords trade last year and she is more than likely the one who made this trade. I bet Dan had some input, but it is her decision to make.


I have not figured out if the Swords trade - like the Wright trade before it - was really Boucek asking for a player and Valavanis obliging. The Wright one was a gamble that didn't work, but the Swords one still makes no sense to me.


sithinfiltrator



Joined: 11 Mar 2006
Posts: 136
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/10/18 7:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
sithinfiltrator wrote:
Remember that Dan isn't the GM for the Storm, Alisha Valavanis is. She was the one who made the Swords trade last year and she is more than likely the one who made this trade. I bet Dan had some input, but it is her decision to make.


I have not figured out if the Swords trade - like the Wright trade before it - was really Boucek asking for a player and Valavanis obliging. The Wright one was a gamble that didn't work, but the Swords one still makes no sense to me.


The bottom line is that it is the GMs job to sign enough good players so the coach wins. Both of those trades were bombs, so I would say that Alisha isn't batting very high right now. I have hope that the Howard trade might change that trend, but only time will tell.



_________________
Lisa Stevens
Storm STH
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6050



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/18 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It makes no sense to play Howard limited when you gave up a potential top 6 pick in a deep draft for her.Either Langhorne will get traded,Paris will play limited minutes(8-12 mpg),or Howard will see some time at SF.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 45925



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/18 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
It makes no sense to play Howard limited when you gave up a potential top 6 pick in a deep draft for her.Either Langhorne will get traded,Paris will play limited minutes(8-12 mpg),or Howard will see some time at SF.


Hmm... I wonder what inspired this post? Are you doing your part to push Howard to the MIP award? Surprised



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6926



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/18 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like Howard will be backing up Stewart. How many minutes is she going to get doing that?



_________________
The fault...lies not not in our stars but in ourselves that we are losers.
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19793
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/18 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Seems like Howard will be backing up Stewart. How many minutes is she going to get doing that?

She can play next to Stewart either as the 3/4 or as the 4/5. It's not like they're both pure point guards or static centers.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6050



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/18 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
It makes no sense to play Howard limited when you gave up a potential top 6 pick in a deep draft for her.Either Langhorne will get traded,Paris will play limited minutes(8-12 mpg),or Howard will see some time at SF.


Hmm... I wonder what inspired this post? Are you doing your part to push Howard to the MIP award? Surprised


Nah,was already on the trade Langhorne,and Howard MIP bandwagon before you ever responded to my post....However,your post did give me a little more clarity in regards to what Paris' role might be on this team.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 45925



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/18 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
However,your post did give me a little more clarity in regards to what Paris' role might be on this team.


Her role is obviously to push SEA to 20+ wins this season. Wink



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7518



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/18 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Seems like Howard will be backing up Stewart. How many minutes is she going to get doing that?


I'm betting we will see some different combinations to put Howard on the floor more often. She was pressed into service as a 3 on Minnesota and could see time there. Alysha Clark has been playing a lot more guard-ish in Europe this year and I wouldn't be surprised if they try her there at times, too, when Jewell rests. As usual, the Storm questions are around backup PG and tall center.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin