RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NY Liberty to play in Westchester
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lib Fan

PostPosted: 02/11/18 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
That's what I'm hoping for. New owners put the team at the Barclays. Second option, Nassau Coliseum as I think the rent would be cheaper due to lack of events at the moment. Third is Prudential Center in Newark. Granted the Liberty didn't draw well there, 6-7k there is still better than whatever they'll get at WCC.

If you dont like Westchester for travel ... Nassau would be disaster

libertycrazy97

PostPosted: 02/11/18 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I talked to my rep on Thrusday or Friday, forgot which day. She said the team is looking into shuttle options. Also i stated to her that I will NOT pay MSG prices for WCC. She said that the prices would change and they plan to do a select your seat in about two months. She was also happy to make calls saying we still have a team, compared to a call saying we moved.

Only two games are at msg and they are both 11am games which i cant go to which stinks.

With that said. The only central location that will make EVERYONE happy is MSG. I did the trek to prudential center for three years and i was not thrilled. And i did it from Westchester. I did not like the extra cost and travel i had to take on. But i did because i love my team. If someone wants to see the team badly enough they will do it. here is how my commute went...

bus (sometimes i walked the mile) to metro north, subway to msg (if running late cab to msg) then at msg NJT. On the way home NJT to msg, cab to grand central and train back up to Westchester. And a lot of the time NJT had some sort of issue and ran late.

Normally i would just drive to the game which is far easier.

for me honestly barclays, nassau and prudential would knock me down to a weekend package. I cant do the running around i once did now that i have children.

honestly I HATE Dolan!!! and he is getting his Karma for treating the liberty horribly!!! Rangers imploded and knicks werent great and now they lost their star.

jmvcity

PostPosted: 02/12/18 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just got off the phone with my ticket rep. He said season ticket holders can get a full season refund if they wish.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/12/18 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmvcity wrote:
Just got off the phone with my ticket rep. He said season ticket holders can get a full season refund if they wish.

That's been the party line from ticket reps; the thing that worries me is that they so far haven't brought up partial plans. I'm willing to do the six weekend games and maybe the two Kids' Days, and if they have a home preseason game at Columbia like the last two years, that's a half-season right there. But so far the only thing on offer has been a refund.

On one hand, they've got Tina and Katie urging us to make it work. On the other hand, they're basically saying "SHUT UP AND TAKE YOUR MONEY!" Make up your minds, people!

(now with spelling variations)
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/12/18 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
jmvcity wrote:

That's been the party line from ticket reps; the thing that worries me is that they so far haven't brought up partial plans. I'm willing to do the six weekend games and maybe the two Kids' Days, and if they have a home preseason game at Columbia like the last two years, that's a half-season right there. But so far the only thing on offer has been a refund.

On one hand, they've got Tina and Katie urging us to make it work. On the other hand, they're basically saying "SHUT UP AND TAKE YOUR MONEY!" Make up your minds, people!

That's just bizarre and stupid. After the first choice of 'let us keep all your money', Option B should surely be 'let us keep as much of your money as possible'. It all just seems like a mess.

PostPosted: 02/12/18 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a partial plan guy who had to wait in the past, I know historically they don't offer alternative packages until very close to the start of the season. I guess they want to see how many season tickets they can sell before offering partials. This year, the whole arrangement is blown-up so they have to improvise. Corporate types are not good at improvisation. They are probably planning to have meetings before actually having meetings, and once they have the meetings they will be undecided and need more meetings. My guess is that partial plans will be offered at a later date. Maybe they want to see if they can actually sell some season tickets to Westchester before rolling out partial plans. Given the way this whole process has gone already, there's no reason to suddenly expect speed and common sense when it comes to tickets.

PostPosted: 02/12/18 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think they're calling all STH from 2017 and seeing who renews and who cancels. Then partial plans should be released.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Lib Fan

PostPosted: 02/12/18 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I think they're calling all STH from 2017 and seeing who renews and who cancels. Then partial plans should be released.

When they called it was just to tell me they are playing in Westchester,
like I duidn't know ! There were no details as to ticket prices or
any other details..."we are having meetings"
They did not ask if I wanted to remain a STH,
of course with out details as to ticket prices for WCC, how could they ask ?

Shades

PostPosted: 02/12/18 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I posted the 5-gm package prices for the Westchester Knicks in the last page of this thread. I would imagine the Liberty tickets would be in the same ballpark. What would you be willing to pay?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Queenie

PostPosted: 02/12/18 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spoke to Keia today. She understands a lot of the concerns we've brought up here. I don't know how much work one voice can do, but I hammered home as best as I could the point that a) more communication is better and b) putting together partial plans ASAP would help with STH retention and $ retention. (Admittedly, publicly flirting with the Sun probably gives me/Happycappie a bit of leverage.)

There are logistics they have to hammer out- Garden tickets had so many different price levels that it's going to be hard to maintain that at WCC, which means that they have to come up with perks to offer, and, er, well, that is part of the problem, innit? But they are, or at least Keia is, aware of the transportation headaches, both micro and macro, and trying to mitigate those is high on the priority list.

I would say write to your reps. Don't call, write, and encourage them to forward your e-mails up the ladder. Let them know exactly what issues you're facing and if there's anything you can think of that would help you. I know, I know, I'm making it sound like we should do their work for them, but this is that unusual situation in which no one has a winning hand.

Don't be surprised if the team reaches out to you for more than the pat "we're spending the season in Westchester!" call. One of the things I brought up when I spoke to her was the FFO's history of being, well, the FFO, and that a) poor communication kills and b) Liberty fans talk to each other (getting us to shut up is more challenging) so trying to sell us different lines of bullshit will not work.

root_thing

PostPosted: 02/12/18 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

I would say write to your reps. Don't call, write, and encourage them to forward your e-mails up the ladder.

My rep was already ignoring me late last season when I tried to get some individual game tickets and also for the playoff. Now that we're 3rd class citizens instead of 2nd class citizens, I wonder if I can be ignored more intensely or more vehemently. Smile

PostPosted: 02/12/18 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I posted the 5-gm package prices for the Westchester Knicks in the last page of this thread. I would imagine the Liberty tickets would be in the same ballpark. What would you be willing to pay?

I wouldn't pay that price difference for a sideline seat. The arena is so small with so few rows that the balcony seats aren't significantly different than the sideline seats. In fact, some may prefer the more elevated view. I used to stand on the walkway behind the balcony when I was filming with a tripod. The view was fine.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 02/12/18 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I got the same exact call that you did. From some dude who sounded like he’d get more excited talking about the weather.

PostPosted: 02/12/18 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dude's name wasn't Andrew, was it?

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/12/18 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Lib Fan wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I got the same exact call that you did. From some dude who sounded like he’d get more excited talking about the weather.

Do you expect excitement from people working in DolanWorld? Do you think you'd enjoy having that guy's job and making those calls? Especially when they're given information that's seriously inadequate and are well aware they're calling season ticket holders who are rightly furious. I respect the great love you have for our team. But you're not working 40+ hours a week for Hideous Lord Jimmy.

PostPosted: 02/14/18 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Lib Fan wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Do you expect excitement from people working in DolanWorld? Do you think you'd enjoy having that guy's job and making those calls? Especially when they're given information that's seriously inadequate and are well aware they're calling season ticket holders who are rightly furious. I respect the great love you have for our team. But you're not working 40+ hours a week for Hideous Lord Jimmy.

Honestly I think the reps were blindsided too. They are stuck in a no win situation created by the idiot Dolan. I have Gabby and she said they are still learning more details and will pass them on as soon as possible. I think it Dolan kept the evening week night games at MSG as much as possible and the other games at WCC more people would continue to support the Liberty. When the whole uncertainty began Gabby said I could have had a refund, continue payments or freeze them. I chose to freeze them.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 02/16/18 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why have we NOT heard any updates from the Liberty about the move ?
Just how long does it take to "have meetings" ?

Are they doing all they can to lose Season Ticket Holders ?

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 02/17/18 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
Why have we NOT heard any updates from the Liberty about the move ?
Just how long does it take to "have meetings" ?

Are they doing all they can to lose Season Ticket Holders ?

Ive gotten that feeling from reps...then send me spam emails to hawk Knick and Ranger plans Rolling Eyes

I do have an ear up there and I do have not hard info but that yes there is a LOT to do in a little time...and that this wasn't simmering for 3 months but also launched about a week ago...im willing to give some time but yes there needs to be an STH meeting...and a select a seat event and most importantly new prices

fyi this is why ive been quiet...some things are classified...some are not...also I am taking my grievances to the source...at some point yes ill share but for now I'm trying to get things settled directly

PostPosted: 02/17/18 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Lib Fan wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I expect to be treated like a human being. I’m not saying it’s this individual’s fault per se. I do think it’s a top-down thing which is very disrespectful to the people who’ve paid the Garden tens of thousands of dollars over the years. So yeah, I expect communication from someone who sounds like they empathize with that along with some real info instead of telling me info I already know in a voice that sounds like he couldn’t care less. That’s basically salt on an open wound to me.

PostPosted: 02/17/18 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Lib Fan wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I expect to be treated like a human being. I’m not saying it’s this individual’s fault per se. I do think it’s a top-down thing which is very disrespectful to the people who’ve paid the Garden tens of thousands of dollars over the years. So yeah, I expect communication from someone who sounds like they empathize with that along with some real info instead of telling me info I already know in a voice that sounds like he couldn’t care less. That’s basically salt on an open wound to me.

Is this a "top-down thing"? Of course. But the post that I criticized never said that. It was aimed only at a guy who's probably having a horrible time working for Hideous Lord Jimmy under extremely difficult conditions. The empathy should go both ways. Given your words, it sounds like it went neither way.

PostPosted: 02/17/18 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Lib Fan wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Is this a "top-down thing"? Of course. But the post that I criticized never said that. It was aimed only at a guy who's probably having a horrible time working for Hideous Lord Jimmy under extremely difficult conditions. The empathy should go both ways. Given your words, it sounds like it went neither way.

Key words. “Sounds like”. “Aimed at.” I said he sounded like he would get more excited talking about the weather. I didn’t critique whether that was ok or not. But now that you’ve brought it up, let me elaborate. He’s doing a job in this case. I’m the consumer. Coldly telling me info I already know is just that. Cold. It’s someone’s job to inform me and be courteous while doing it. It’s not my job to empathize when that person isn’t doing theirs. Geez. All I said was he sounded like he’d get more excited talking about the weather.

The Liberty have played about 350 home games in their history. I’ve attended about 275. Two people at an average of 60 dollars per game. Along with concessions, road trips, etc. I’ve spent about 20,000 dollars on this team. A little common courtesy shouldn’t be too much to ask in return.

PostPosted: 02/17/18 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And you said empathy is a two-way street. How much have I or other season ticket holders received? Zero. So I guess you’re right. I’m giving in return the same empathy.

PostPosted: 02/17/18 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
And you said empathy is a two-way street. How much have I or other season ticket holders received? Zero. So I guess you’re right. I’m giving in return the same empathy.

My last words on.this. Have season ticket holders been treated terribly? Absolutely. Do you think ticket reps and other MSG employees have been treated any better? I don't. Should you take out your anger on Dolan or on some guy in a terrible position--having to make lots of calls with no information--who was probably having a lousy day?

PostPosted: 02/17/18 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How did I take my anger out on him? By saying here that he would probably sound more excited talking about the weather? 😂😂😂 I didn’t talk to the man. He left a voice message.

Whoever is doing the job should be courteous enough to act like a human being is on the other end of the phone. They have a job to do. Even if they may not be happy (and you actually have no proof beyond speculation that they’re even unhappy, or that they’ve ever even met Dolan). That’s all I’m saying and I stand by it.

And I’ve had plenty of lousy days in the past two months at work and otherwise. This news hasn’t helped. I doubt seriously that anyone at MSG cares.

PostPosted: 02/17/18 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
How did I take my anger out on him? By saying here that he would probably sound more excited talking about the weather? 😂😂😂 I didn’t talk to the man. He left a voice message.

Whoever is doing the job should be courteous enough to act like a human being is on the other end of the phone. They have a job to do. Even if they may not be happy (and you actually have no proof beyond speculation that they’re even unhappy, or that they’ve ever even met Dolan). That’s all I’m saying and I stand by it.

And I’ve had plenty of lousy days in the past two months at work and otherwise. This news hasn’t helped. I doubt seriously that anyone at MSG cares.

As a Consumer I expect and demand that the person representing the Company trying to keep my business, be professional on the phone. If you are having a bad day or hate you job, fine. Don't pick up the phone until you can be professional. Or quit. As someone whom made a living talking to people on the phone as a 9-1-1 Call Taker, I had to answer each call with professionalism. Even if the person on the previous call died while he was on the phone with me, I had to answer the next one professionally. I expect nothing less from someone trying to inform me about a basketball team.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat upon him was Death, and Hell followed with him
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 6 of 14

Jump to: