RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Fox News blasts "Darker, Gayer, Different" Team US

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 02/08/18 5:57 pm    ::: Fox News blasts "Darker, Gayer, Different" Team US Reply Reply with quote

If you look at the team photo's it is hard to see much proof for his statements. And who wants asian figure skaters? When did they ever win anything?

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/02/08/fox-news-executive-editor-john-moodyblasts-us-olympic-team-darker-gayer-different/23356863/

tfan

PostPosted: 02/08/18 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The bobsled teams have begun using track and field sprinters to provide more boost at the start (and only one person actually steers). And track and field sprinters are almost all black. The black bobsledders may have been over-represented in that gallery but they are legitimately a better option for the bobsled event. Male figure skaters have probably not increased in "percentage gay", but they can get away with showing it these days. I remember when they showed Brian Boitano (came out a few years ago) standing towards the camera with two unnamed females at the Olympics and that famous ice skating announcer told us that "they are both two VERY good friends". They could show him with his boyfriend now. Asians have just moved into figure skating particularly on the female side. Singles figure-skating may have been over-represented (they showed all six contestants), but it's a more popular sport as well as. They showed the probably only part-black member of the hockey team, but he may be a star on the team. As may be the Asian female snowboarder. But if they were specifically looking to include non-white or gay members in the photo gallery, that has nothing to do with who gets on the team.

Randy

PostPosted: 02/09/18 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actually, I was being sarcastic regarding the Asian figure skaters, thinking back the Krist Yamaguchi and Michelle Kwan.

tfan

PostPosted: 02/09/18 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Actually, I was being sarcastic regarding the Asian figure skaters, thinking back the Krist Yamaguchi and Michelle Kwan.

I know. I was only commenting with regard to the writer's complaints. When I said "Asians have just moved into figure skating" I meant "just" as in "that's just the way it is", not as in recently.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/10/18 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two out of the 242 American athletes - less than 1% - are openly gay. Of course the GOP propaganda network thinks that is too many.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/10/18 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Come on GOP, get with the times. Even Candice Wiggins would be comfortable with that ratio.

PostPosted: 03/01/18 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, it took a month, but the guy who made those comments is no longer with Fox - due to "retirement." Make of it what you will.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/03/01/john-moody-out-at-fox-news-after-controversial-olympics-column/23374911/

Howee

PostPosted: 03/02/18 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Two out of the 242 American athletes - less than 1% - are openly gay. Of course the GOP propaganda network thinks that is too many.

"Openly" gay, maybe....but we all know it's more like 121 of the 242 are REALLY gay/bi. Fox's gaydar is for real. Cool

PostPosted: 03/02/18 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

"Openly" gay, maybe....but we all know it's more like 121 of the 242 are REALLY gay/bi. Fox's gaydar is for real. Cool

Definitely a lot of gaydar going off when the men's figure skaters take the ice.

Randy

PostPosted: 03/02/18 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Candice Wiggins said that she never made Team USA because "the whole Olympics is like 98% lesbian.....Even the men."

Howee

PostPosted: 03/02/18 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Candice Wiggins said that she never made Team USA because "the whole Olympics is like 98% lesbian.....Even the men."

She really said that?? Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: