RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 02/07/18 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

but if they Lynx don't get a guard in the draft, who do they have? Alexis Jones & ????

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/07/18 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
but if they Lynx don't get a guard in the draft, who do they have? Alexis Jones & ????

Perennial All-WNBA Guard, Maya Moore Smile

toad455

PostPosted: 02/07/18 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just find it hard to believe that no FAs want to go to the 4 time WNBA champs Minnesota Lynx. Something is up?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
justintyme

PostPosted: 02/07/18 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I just find it hard to believe that no FAs want to go to the 4 time WNBA champs Minnesota Lynx. Something is up?

I am sure they are in talks with someone. If they weren't signing a guard for a significant amount there would have been no need to move Howard.

PostPosted: 02/07/18 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I am sure they are in talks with someone. If they weren't signing a guard for a significant amount there would have been no need to move Howard.

Or maybe reeve will trade the 12th pick for a guard again,
I hope not though, I think it's possible someone good will be there like Nurse.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/08/18 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here’s a little off topic but interesting Minnesota basketball banter. Sounds like the Timberwolves might sign Derrick Rose.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
stever

PostPosted: 02/09/18 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

They're trying to convince Cappie that Minneapolis is the fashion capital of the upper Midwest. Wink

Shades

PostPosted: 02/09/18 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here’s an Osahor update

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-huskies/what-happened-to-chantel-osahor-when-wnba-cut-her-she-became-a-coach/

Quote:
late in training camp, Osahor was cut by the Lynx after injuries, first to her hamstring and then her knee, had hampered her in preseason.

Quote:
The solace is that Osahor convinced herself, if not the Lynx, that she belongs in the WNBA. She believes, in fact, that she should have made the team despite her health issue. “I think I proved, even if you ask Coach (Cheryl) Reeve, that I can play in this league,’’ she said. “I took away a lot from that experience, seeing what it takes. I know I can play in that league.”

Quote:
“I don’t want you to quote me saying no, but I don’t want you to quote me saying yes,’’ she said with a laugh when I asked if she would resume her playing career. “I take it one day at a time. I definitely miss playing, and I’m in contact with my agent. If I do play, don’t be shocked. If I don’t play, don’t be shocked.”

MNfan22

PostPosted: 02/09/18 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Home Opener Sunday May 20 @ 4:00pm ct

Visitor alert:
Just looked at the Twins schedule; the Milwaukee Brewers will be in town over this wkend; 1:15pm first pitch Sunday. Should make for a busy wkend in downtown Minneapolis.

PostPosted: 02/09/18 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lynx will be the the first team along with the Liberty to play in their venerable Westchester County Center.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/10/18 1:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I don’t understand why younger players would make more than the senior players.

That's the beauty of the Lynx and its relationship with its players. If the numbers were accurate, each of the starters appear to have taken between $2k and $5k less than a max salary. That gave them some room to take on some larger contracts in trade and to sign Zandalasini at the end of the season.

The reason I think they almost have to go with 12 is that this year they want make room for Zandalasini. They need two guards (Jones and a vet TBD). They need two posts (Kizer and Howard's replacement). Last year, their deep/developmental bench was Fagbenle and Jones. Jones will move into the rotation but signing Kizer said they didn't think Fagbenle was ready to play center. So, you have Zandalasini, the draft pick, Fagbenle as 3 developmental players, with Lisa Berkani and Endy Miyem also getting a shot. These are all young players so you would expect the Lynx to want more veteran players if they play a 9 person rotation like last year.

Shenise Johnson will not be the player they sign (trust me on this). So, who do you bring in at guard to help Jones? And, who will be that second post in the rotation?

Shades

PostPosted: 02/10/18 4:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This has been the toughest year to predict the Lynx roster in a long time.
At this point, they could still go a zillion different directions.
Trade for Dantas? (She’s still unsigned by ATL)
Trade for Zahui? (Prominent overseas)
Trade for Banham? (Hometown fav but developing slowly)
Sign vet? (SJohnson my target. Cappie probably wants to get paid more than she’s worth)

I thought Katrina Elhotova had a good shot this year. Lynx promo were tracking her overseas stats, but she didn’t show up in the reserve list, so that’s a mystery.

Lisa Berkani might make sense to bookend with Miyem, but wouldn’t she be signed by now? Lynx are probably still figuring out their options before committing.

Haven’t heard much buzz on Anna Cruz, but at least she shows up on the reserved list.

Preliminary look
Whalen/Jones
Augustus/#12/(vet, Anna Cruz, or #17?)
Moore/Zandalasini
Brunson/Kizer/Miyem
Fowles/Fagbenle

Lisa Berkani
Anna Cruz
Katrina Elhotova
#17 (Best available or Wagner?)
#24, #36 (international picks?)

Shades

PostPosted: 02/14/18 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m glad the Sparks signed Pondexter. Unless the Sparks decide to go with only 4 posts (big mistake), they’ll have to dispatch one of Riquna, Essence, or Sydney (who Reeve may have evaluated in Team USA camp). Essence would be a nice fit.

adamj95

PostPosted: 02/14/18 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Pondexter fit in the "no knucklehead" policy of Reeve's. Either way, I don't see her getting many minutes in LA. They have a good guard combo in Gray/Sims.

PostPosted: 02/14/18 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I’m glad the Sparks signed Pondexter. Unless the Sparks decide to go with only 4 posts (big mistake), they’ll have to dispatch one of Riquna, Essence, or Sydney (who Reeve may have evaluated in Team USA camp). Essence would be a nice fit.

I'd guess Riguna Williams is your for the asking

PostPosted: 02/14/18 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:

I'd guess Riquna Williams is your for the asking

#24 pick? You drive a hard bargain.

I don’t suppose Agler would want to help the Lynx out, but if nobody else wanted her, it’s either take the best price you can get or cut her (or whoever).

They could still move Wiese and Lavender in that Chiney trade proposal. That would make some space.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/14/18 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:

I don’t suppose Agler would want to help the Lynx out, but if nobody else wanted her, it’s either take the best price you can get or cut her (or whoever).

They could still move Wiese and Lavender in that Chiney trade proposal. That would make some space.

Without doing research, can Williams fit under the cap in Minnesota?

Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/14/18 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:

Without doing research, can Williams fit under the cap in Minnesota?

Yes. It depends on what Kizer signed for though as to how much is left for the draft pick and a 12th player.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/14/18 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With Cappie signed to the Sparks, the only hope Minnesota has now to have any guard depth at all would be to try and lure Ivory Latta. She’s the lone unrestricted free agent left isn’t she? As it is right now, the Lynx have NO bench. Or maybe they just plan on playing the 5 starters the entire game with Brunson getting the only sub (Kizer). Lol.

I’m sure Pondexter agreed to a salary reduction to fit into the Sparks cap. Fun thing is, LA has too many guards at this point, and Minnesota has none. If I were Agler, and if he had to trade any of his guards, i’d Make sure Minnesota is NOT involved in any of those trades. It’s doubtful Latta is signing with Washington or she’d have done so already. I’d still like her in CT though off the bench.

Or if the Lynx really want another guard, they can have their home gurl Banham for CT’s home gurl Moore.

adamj95

PostPosted: 02/14/18 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gotta believe Reeve has a plan. We have NO bench right now.

@Ay Mate: As much as I love Banham, I think I'll pass on that trade Laughing

PostPosted: 02/14/18 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
With Cappie signed to the Sparks, the only hope Minnesota has now to have any guard depth at all would be to try and lure Ivory Latta. She’s the lone unrestricted free agent left isn’t she?

Ajavon is still out there. Maybe they can lure Shoni Schmimmel off the reservation. And there's an endless of supply of Brianna Kiesel level guards.

PostPosted: 02/14/18 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
With Cappie signed to the Sparks, the only hope Minnesota has now to have any guard depth at all would be to try and lure Ivory Latta. She’s the lone unrestricted free agent left isn’t she?

Ajavon is still out there. Maybe they can lure Shoni Schmimmel off the reservation. And there's an endless of supply of Brianna Kiesel level guards.

There are also potential cuts elsewhere that might end up being better than just signing anyone they can find off the street. Washington have 13 people signed at the minute where the Lynx might benefit from whichever one they dump, for example. I don't think they need to panic just yet.

PostPosted: 02/14/18 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is also S. Murphy and A. Montgomery, both can still give you 10 minutes a game.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/14/18 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plus trades. New York seems to have a few too many guards, for example. After the Feb 1 flurry, the teams have months to get other business done.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/14/18 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades put Prince for #12 out there

I would do it if I was NY. I think we need to mix things up, break up the Prince/Rodgers log jam at the sg spot and open up minutes for Hartley and Boyd and L. Allen by sliding Hartley to the 2 spot half the time. Also I really want to keep Rodgers and I doubt Minny trades a 1st round pick for Rodgers after letting her go for a 3rd round pick.

Minny gets the veteran guard who can score and play a few minutes at either guard spot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 10 of 26

Jump to: