RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Big East - Fri. 2/9 - 2 Day Games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/08/18 5:31 pm    ::: Big East - Fri. 2/9 - 2 Day Games Reply Reply with quote

All of the Friday BE games are available on the Big East Digital Network via the Fox Sports Go app or here: https://www.foxsportsgo.com/ and the Marquette at Xavier game is on FS2. Two of the games are matinees.

The games:

St. John's at Villanova - 11:30AM EST
Stats: http://www.villanova.com/gametracker/launch/gt_wbaskbl.html?event=1575402&school=nova&sport=wbaskbl&camefrom=&startschool=&

Seton Hall at Georgetown - 2PM EST
Stats: http://guhoyas.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/?event=1575371&school=gu&sport=wbaskbl&

DePaul at Butler - 7PM EST
Stats: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=189004

Marquette at Xavier - 8PM EST - FS2
Stats: http://www.sidearmstats.com/xavier/wbball/

The St. John's-Villanova looks to be the most compelling game. Of course the Marquette game is the one of most personal interest to me Smile.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/09/18 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

St. John's is off to a fast start in this one and forced an early Villanova timeout as they went up 10-0 to start the game. Go St. John's!

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/09/18 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

16-10 St. John's at the end of the first quarter. Get with it Gametracker - it's not halftime - it's not as if the Women's game just moved to quarters.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/09/18 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads-up!

PostPosted: 02/09/18 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Thanks for the heads-up!

You are welcome Smile. I'm annoyed with the BE Digital Broadcast for not having the score on the screen (it's usually there). I'm having to watch with the sound down because of other things going on in my house right now.

It's a close one in Philly with St. John's leading Villanova 39-35 with 3:10 to go in the third quarter.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/09/18 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I appreciated the heads up, too. I have a very rare snow day from work, so I’ve been enjoying having a live game to watch (and also listening to U-M softball’s opening day).

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/09/18 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
I appreciated the heads up, too. I have a very rare snow day from work, so I’ve been enjoying having a live game to watch (and also listening to U-M softball’s opening day).

Cool on the snow day from work. My kids have their first snow day on four years.

Georgetown leads Seton Hall 41-31 with 4:26 to go in the third quarter. It doesn’t look like any school groups are there - I thought that was the main purpose of the games during the day during the week.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/09/18 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Butler is up 25-16 on DePaul after the first quarter. I doubt they will hold onto this lead but it sure would be nice if it did Smile.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/09/18 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Butler and DePaul are tied at 34 at halftime. Butler star player Tori Schickel already has 3 fouls in the first half.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/09/18 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette's weird starting lineups continue - Blockton and Davenport were back in the starting lineup tonight. But Hiedeman and Wilborn came off the bench. Hiedeman is in a shooting slump right now so maybe that's why she's not starting. I have no idea why Wilborn is suddenly not starting.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/09/18 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DePaul wins easily at Butler which isn't surprising - 86-68.

Marquette started out slow at Xavier and trailed 14-12 after one quarter but outscored Xavier 29-9 in the 2nd quarter and holds a 41-23 halftime lead.

DePaul looks to be the front runner for the regular season BE title with Marquette and Villanova in a battle for 2nd - the Villanova at Marquette matinee match up next Friday could be interesting. Creighton is close behind those two teams also.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/09/18 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It got sloppy but Marquette wins 80-63. So last game out against Creighton MU was 2 of 18 from 3 point range and tonight they tired a season record with 13 3's going 13-29 from 3 point land - go figure!

I meant to add previously - congrats to DePaul's Doug Bruno who picked up his 700th win tonight.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: