Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/07/18 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Maybe they had a deal done on Thursday, but then the stock market crashed. Wink

Or the buyer was Josh McDaniels.

Wink

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
toad455

PostPosted: 02/07/18 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Megdal's take. If Tina demands a trade now, are the Liberty instantly in the lottery?

https://summitthoops.com/2018/02/06/report-new-york-liberty-relocating-westchester/

Quote:
It will also bear watching whether free agent Tina Charles, though cored by the Liberty, decides she wants to stay. She’s been noticeably absent from the parade of signings since free agency began on February 1, and a league source told The Summitt she was waiting for ownership situation to resolve itself before deciding to commit.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 02/07/18 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Most of the cored players haven't signed. Six of seven remain unsigned.

PostPosted: 02/07/18 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Shh! How dare you introduce facts into a contrived Megdal 'story'.

PostPosted: 02/07/18 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:

I really wish these discussions weren't as filled with rumors from anonymous sources plus statements from named sources known to be untrustworthy. What's next? A teenager in the playground whom I've never seen before said that the second cousin of some kid he knows said he had heard that it was somewhere in the National Enquirer that the Liberty were moving to Montana in 2019.

PostPosted: 02/07/18 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also another fact is NY hasn't signed anyone yet. So my guess is all reserved, restricted and cored players will be back with the team.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/08/18 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:

I really wish these discussions weren't as filled with rumors from anonymous sources plus statements from named sources known to be untrustworthy. What's next? A teenager in the playground whom I've never seen before said that the second cousin of some kid he knows said he had heard that it was somewhere in the National Enquirer that the Liberty were moving to Montana in 2019.

Actually, I think that's how Barcoff got "Golden State in 2019."

Everything Megdal writes needs to be looked at carefully. He throws these vague "what if" scenarios out there that get people asking. It basically creates a story. The only fact is that NY is the only team without a signing. But without any context or investigation, it's like trolling a line out there hoping to get a bite. Just swim away.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/08/18 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Everything Megdal writes needs to be looked at carefully. He throws these vague "what if" scenarios out there that get people asking. It basically creates a story. The only fact is that NY is the only team without a signing. But without any context or investigation, it's like trolling a line out there hoping to get a bite. Just swim away.

Yes. "Just swim away" (from any discussion of rumors from anonymous or dubious sources) is what I wish people would do far more often.

PostPosted: 02/08/18 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well Liberty fans I can now officially say you got screwed.

Two games at MSG, both 11 am tipoffs.

6/5 vs Phoenix,
8/6 vs Seattle.

Rest of the games at the Westchester County Center

root_thing

PostPosted: 02/08/18 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, I guess that was the reason for the additional delay. Dolan wanted to take back four more dates. Let me add my belated:

FUCK YOU, DOLAN!

PostPosted: 02/08/18 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

6/5 vs Phoenix,
8/6 vs Seattle.

They haven't been shy about saying they got screwed already.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/08/18 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

6/5 vs Phoenix,
8/6 vs Seattle.

Why would anyone have expected anything else? It's the same arrangement the Mystics are doing with their G-League facility.

PostPosted: 02/08/18 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If he didn't get the money he wanted, I thought he might try to show some games at MSG to maintain some value. This sure isn't going to help IMO.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/08/18 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The value isn’t in the venue. The value is in the players and their contracts. He can probably sell the team to Lacob next season, so savor this season.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 02/08/18 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, and it should go without saying but copying a business plan from the Mystics is never a good idea.

PostPosted: 02/08/18 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there a better option on the venue?

Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 02/08/18 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Oh, and it should go without saying but copying a business plan from the Mystics is never a good idea.

I LOL'd, doesn't get more true than this

PostPosted: 02/08/18 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of the MSG games is on a Monday. The last time the Lib hosted a game on a Monday was 24 July 2006 against Connecticut.

PostPosted: 02/08/18 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. Only 2 games at MSG?!?! And both are camp days.

josephkramer44

PostPosted: 02/08/18 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is directed towards Liberty fans and other people who regularly attend their games. Do you see yourself and more importantly casual fans and tourists still attending with regularity in this new location? If not relocation may be the best bet, given the costs associated with running a business in the greater NYC area. It seems like it is a big pr disaster though, being booted from the Garden. Personally I think the Knicks should be booted too. Last bit of glory I can remember from that once proud franchise was in 2000.

jmvcity

PostPosted: 02/08/18 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see tourists making the trek to Westchester. I think convenience, location, and MSG being an iconic arena were the big factors in them wanting to attend an event there - not the team. As a STH since 1999, I'm disappointed that I'll only be able to see maybe 7 or 8 home games this season.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/08/18 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
The value isn’t in the venue. The value is in the players and their contracts. He can probably sell the team to Lacob next season, so savor this season.

And your business background is what again?

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/08/18 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

josephkramer44 wrote:
This is directed towards Liberty fans and other people who regularly attend their games. Do you see yourself and more importantly casual fans and tourists still attending with regularity in this new location? If not relocation may be the best bet, given the costs associated with running a business in the greater NYC area. It seems like it is a big pr disaster though, being booted from the Garden. Personally I think the Knicks should be booted too. Last bit of glory I can remember from that once proud franchise was in 2000.

I've been a season subscriber for 16 seasons and going to games since the home opener in 1997. I'm about to tell my rep to drop me to a weekend plan at best. This is absolute unmitigated horseshit.

No one's going to plan a trip to White Plains to take in the Westchester County Center. No tourists. No casual fans. Hardly any of the dedicated fans. This is fucking horseshit.

FUCK YOU DOLAN.

PostPosted: 02/08/18 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MSG communication at its finest: just got off the phone with the rep. He can't officially say anything about Westchester until tomorrow. Even though the schedule's already out.

Oh my God fuck Jim Dolan why do I love this team?

PostPosted: 02/08/18 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

josephkramer44 wrote:

One of the few WNBA situations where I actually have personal experience. I'm a sports fan, I was in New York on holiday, but it was the summer (as with many holidays that people take). So the NBA was out of season. But we looked at the MSG schedule, saw that there was a WNBA game on there while we were in town, and went to that instead (this was long before I was as invested in the WNBA as I am now). We even paid significantly more than we typically would've done for tickets, because it was 'once in a blue moon' kind of thing.

You do that for a Madison Square Garden event; you sure as hell don't for the Westchester County Center. I guess they'll hope to draw some people from the local area who wouldn't have made the trip into Manhattan in the past (not that that worked in Jersey), but the tourist sales are dead.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 23 of 90

Jump to: