Atlanta Dream 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/05/18 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
Shades wrote:

If this wasn’t done in previous seasons, it’s kind of genius of the new front office. Those little extras to make a player feel wanted could make all the difference.

Yes, it's been up for every trip I've taken for work over the past year and a half or so.

That is pretty cool.
There's nothing worse after a long flight to your new city than ending up at the wrong baggage claim.

PostPosted: 02/05/18 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've never seen it, though I don't fly that often now.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 02/05/18 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Angel signing? Breland signing? Machine Gun Maggie signing ? Jersey Sponsor? At least it looks like good news?

Gotta be good news. Angel has been very active on Instagram this past week. But I think it will be Breland signing. It's been reported by everyone BUT the Dream so I guess they have to say something eventually? haha

toad455

PostPosted: 02/05/18 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yep, it's Breland to the Dream.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Badger_Ball

PostPosted: 02/05/18 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coach Collen just appeared on an ATL sports radio show and shared the following:
The schedule comes out tomorrow although it was originally scheduled to be released this Thursday.
Ten of the first sixteen Dream games are on the road and there’s a stretch of 6 games in 9 days at some point.
She played coy about Angel’s return this season, but there’s a sense that she will.
She wants to be the fastest team in the league up and down the court
Talked about the teams depth and that they really have 7 starter caliber players. Who starts the game may not finish the game.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/05/18 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

With all thhese supserstars Atlanta has signed so far, I can't stop calling them "The Dream Team".

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/18 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
toad455 wrote:

With all thhese supserstars Atlanta has signed so far, I can't stop calling them "The Dream Team".

Yeah this team will go unbeated through the WNBA season !

PostPosted: 02/06/18 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maggie Lucas signed a training camp contract with the Dream

http://dream.wnba.com/news/dream-sign-maggie-lucas-training-camp-contract/

Randy

PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yet another player I always wanted on the Dream....hope she can get back to form quickly.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 02/08/18 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another Dream announcement at 10am

I do like how active they've been and how actively they've been promoting the activity!

pilight

PostPosted: 02/08/18 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel McCoughtry Announces Return to Atlanta Dream

http://dream.wnba.com/news/angel-mccoughtry-announces-return-atlanta-dream-wnba/

PostPosted: 02/08/18 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Angel McCoughtry Announces Return to Atlanta Dream

http://dream.wnba.com/news/angel-mccoughtry-announces-return-atlanta-dream-wnba/

THE DREAM TEAM!

BamaEd

PostPosted: 02/08/18 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's what I thought it'd be, and very happy it's happening.

The Dream need her for her scoring, and her defense now that Sancho is gone. Long arms in the passing lanes to get steals and start fast breaks is a good thing for this team.

Another reason they need her is her star power. She's a known name, plus, she can take over a game when needed. Welcome back Angel!

Last edited by BamaEd on 02/08/18 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 02/08/18 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welcome back Angel.

Randy

PostPosted: 02/08/18 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's see now. We have an an All WNBA player, All Stars starting at every position, a sixth woman of the year, the player who would have won rookie of the year were it not for voter fraud, a backup center who was all rookie team and a new coach. We should win some games now right?

BamaEd

PostPosted: 02/08/18 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Let's see now. We have an an All WNBA player, All Stars starting at every position, a sixth woman of the year, the player who would have won rookie of the year were it not for voter fraud, a backup center who was all rookie team and a new coach. We should win some games now right?

God willing yes!

pilight

PostPosted: 02/08/18 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Feeling Good Again

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/angel-mccoughtry-atlanta-dream-wnba/

Quote:
Later that summer, my dad and I made the hour drive down I-95 to D.C. to see the Mystics play. Pretty soon, it became this tradition of ours. And I mean … it was amazing! Chamique Holdsclaw … Sheryl Swoopes … Lisa Leslie … all these living legends, some of the best ever to do it, playing right in front of me. I was starstruck. Those were some of the best days of my life.

PostPosted: 02/08/18 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Feeling Good Again

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/angel-mccoughtry-atlanta-dream-wnba/

Quote:
Later that summer, my dad and I made the hour drive down I-95 to D.C. to see the Mystics play. Pretty soon, it became this tradition of ours. And I mean … it was amazing! Chamique Holdsclaw … Sheryl Swoopes … Lisa Leslie … all these living legends, some of the best ever to do it, playing right in front of me. I was starstruck. Those were some of the best days of my life.

That was a great article by Angel. I completely understand why players need to take a season off. I love her talking about her Grandmother and how Angel has been a longtime fan of the league. I hope a lot of young players in college, high school, and younger read this and take it to heart. Nice job!

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 02/08/18 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

That's cool but have you heard about Liz Cambage and the Wings? Laughing

I fully expect the Dream to be the most underrated team coming into next season. But a lot will depend on whether the half-court offense issues were on Cooper, or if Clarendon is just incapable of running it efficiently.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/08/18 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Randy wrote:

I fully expect the Dream to be the most underrated team coming into next season. But a lot will depend on whether the half-court offense issues were on Cooper, or if Clarendon is just incapable of running it efficiently.

half court offense? What half court offense?

- Amanda Gorman
zune69

PostPosted: 02/08/18 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Dream have championship talent IMO.

Last edited by zune69 on 02/15/18 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 02/08/18 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Randy wrote:

half court offense? What half court offense?

Dream have never had a reliable half court offense. The problem predates Cooper and Clarendon. I think the problem is they are usually last or nearly last in 3 point shooting. Plus, we have good one on one players (Angel, Tip, Sykes, even Clarendon to some extent) so the temptation is always to just go one on one. Dream have typically excelled in the open court so that's what they do, or did under the first 3 coaches. If Montgomery or Lucas can help some with 3 point shooting it may help. Clarendon's shooting was off last year (she had been pretty efficient in 2016) so if she gets back to form, things could be better.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/08/18 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Dream have never had the right talent to execute a half court offense. "Shalee Lehning is best PG in Dream history" is a defensible position. That should tell you a lot about what we've had to work with at the one.

PostPosted: 02/14/18 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damiris Dantas has now re-signed, according to a press release.

adamj95

PostPosted: 02/14/18 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good for Dantas. One of my favorite ex-Lynx players.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 7 of 18

Jump to: