Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
justintyme

PostPosted: 02/07/18 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Endy Miyem, born in Reims, one of the primary areas that produces...

She is an interesting get. But Minnesota still needs another guard.

If sigur3's insinuation is correct, I would be happy...

PostPosted: 02/07/18 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Sadly, I don't think it is. Lynx wanted it to be, I believe. I do think Reeve has something more planned though.

sigur3

PostPosted: 02/07/18 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

It's not looking as likely as it was a couple days ago. :/

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/07/18 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

I agree. If they go into the season expecting Jones, Zandalasini and maybe the #12 pick to be their perimeter backups they'd just end up trawling for trades or free agent pickups weeks into the season.

For what it's worth, the veteran guard I heard as a possibility isn't the one that I believe sigur3 was hinting at (although I had to read back a bit to try to find the hint Smile ).

PostPosted: 02/07/18 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Shades wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

The Howard move wasn't what the champagne referred to, by the way.

So you're saying there's a chance it could still be Langhorne Wink.

The Howard trade would make sense if they brought in a top quality veteran post. Double down on another Championship this year and hope for an underperforming Storm team to provide a building block for the future.

You were hoping for Langhorne? I think that’d be better short term.

With Richyyy's cryptic response to "pop the champagne" I was hoping she would be who it was referring to. Less likely now, but still some Lloyd Christmas hope going on.

I don’t get the reference.... Cristal Champagne?

The Lynx have cleared out 4 veteran bench players from a championship team, and got a new one who may or may not fit in. People think this great for the Lynx? If Reeve can score the best guard free agent out there, Shenise Johnson, then maybe there’s a little hope left. Otherwise so far I’m rating this free agency a C-, and that might be a little generous.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/07/18 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
If minnesota finishes better than Seattle, they can take Seattle's first round pick in exchange for their own. Betting on playoff seeding basically.

justintyme wrote:
If the Storm have a better draft pick next year than the Lynx, the Lynx can swap picks with them.

Wait, so who's right? Laughing

We are saying the same thing

blaase22

PostPosted: 02/07/18 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If this turns to Vivians,Nared,Or vadeeva and kalani Brown in 2019 I will be happy.

I love that Reeve doesn't want to leave the cupboard completely bare for Maya when Whay,mone, big Syl and Bekkah eventually retire.

justintyme

PostPosted: 02/07/18 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I don’t get the reference.... Cristal Champagne?

Yes. That was my pipe dream guess.

As long as the Lynx pick up a solid backup guard (Johnson, Cappie, Latta, etc) I would give the FA signing period a solid B (perhaps a B+ to an A-, depending on which guard and how well Jones and Zandalasini have progressed). If they flame out on a guard I would agree C to C-. Perhaps even lower since signing whatever FAs you want should not be tough for the premier team in the league.

PostPosted: 02/07/18 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
If this turns to Vivians, Nared, Vadeeva

They’d probably have to use their #12 pick to get any of those players. With the signing of Zandi, Nared shouldn’t be on their radar.

blaase22 wrote:
Kalani Brown in 2019 I will be happy.

She’ll be a lottery pick. We can hope SEA crashes and burn (a little bonus to this move), but I think their moves improve their playoff position from last year.

blaase22 wrote:
I love that Reeve doesn't want to leave the cupboard completely bare for Maya when Whay,mone, big Syl and Bekkah eventually retire.

That depends on how you define empty cupboard. A bunch of new bench players you don’t know how they’ll mesh. Feeling kinda empty to me.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/07/18 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Might as well cancel the entire WNBA regular season now since we all know that the WNBA Finals will now be Seattle vs. Atlanta! 😭😬

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/07/18 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

obviously I think they could have done better for Howard.

Of course if Seattle land in the lottery next year the trade looks a lot better.

Randy

PostPosted: 02/07/18 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Might as well cancel the entire WNBA regular season now since we all know that the WNBA Finals will now be Seattle vs. Atlanta! 😭😬

Don't worry, Reeve's superior coaching will turn Zandzabar, Kizer and Jacskon-Jones into all world players. Lynx will be the WNBA champions for life.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/07/18 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

Don't worry, Reeve's superior coaching will turn Zandzabar, Kizer and Jacskon-Jones into all world players. Lynx will be the WNBA champions for life.

I'm still going to assume the Lynx are winning a title for the Dream and/or Storm, just like how the Vikings won a Super Bowl for the Eagles (and not themselves) thanks to them trading for Sam Bradford Smile

Shades

PostPosted: 02/07/18 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

Jackson-Jones was just a rumor.

Wiseone1

PostPosted: 02/07/18 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

Kizer has done pretty good thus far without Reeve's coaching. If you are trying to imply that she was not worth signing. I beg to differ with you.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/07/18 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

Jackson-Jones was just a rumor.

I demand evidence that this rumor about that rumor was just a rumor! Smile

Shades

PostPosted: 02/07/18 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Google translation
Quote:
Minnesota Lynx, reigning WNBA champion, has just signed the French international Endy Miyem (1.88m, 29 years old) has announced the American franchise on social networks.

Endy Miyem has been an essential part of the French team since the title of European Champion in 2009 and after a long adventure in Bourges she started a season at Kursk in Russia before joining Schio in Italy.

Endy should be the 12th Frenchwoman to play in WNBA and in the league's highest-rated franchise with Maya Moore, Sylvia Fowles, Lindsay Whalen and Seimone Augustus. The Lynx won the title last summer by beating the Los Angeles Sparks in the final, 3 innings to 2, and with four crowns in its history the franchise equaled the Houston Comets' record.

Mondeville's Lisa Berkani was drafted in 24th position by the Minnesota franchise in spring 2017.

The Women's World Cup will be held in Spain from September 22 to 30 at the end of the WNBA playoffs.

https://www.basketeurope.com/livenews-fr/420747/endy-miyem-signe-au-minnesota-lynx-champion-wnba-2017/

That’s one of the better translations I’ve seen from Google.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/07/18 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o9QOUD_EK98" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Randy

PostPosted: 02/07/18 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wiseone1 wrote:
Randy wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

Kizer has done pretty good thus far without Reeve's coaching. If you are trying to imply that she was not worth signing. I beg to differ with you.

Never said that or meant to imply it.

blaase22

PostPosted: 02/07/18 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seatle does look improved but so do other teams like the Aces and Shock, even if the pick lands out of the lottery i don't see it falling past 7
Lots of good players next year Durr, collier, mccowan, Kalani Brown, katie lou, stevens, ogunbowale, Turner, ionescu coming out early?
lynx might get someone good!

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/07/18 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
lynx might get someone good!

And the prospect of being able to get a young building block without having to suck for a season to get it could be huge for Minnesota when the current core finally starts to disappear. Obviously the other angle would've been hoping that Howard herself would be part of that future, but if they didn't believe that then this has the potential to be a nice way to roll that young piece over.

It must get so tedious drafting at 11 or 12 every damn year. The prospect of something like the #6 or #7 would probably be nice, never mind an actual lottery pick.

PostPosted: 02/07/18 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, people should feel sorry for the Lynx not having a lottery pick since 2012. Wo is us. We’re not going to have one next year either. I doubt the 6-7 pick over the 8 pick will be an earth-shattering difference. I’d rather have that 5th trophy this year instead of a bump-up of two spots in the 2019 draft.

Now if Reeve can pull off Dantas for #12 and grabs Shenise Johnson and avoids Cappie altogether, most will be forgiven.

blaase22

PostPosted: 02/07/18 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Yes, people should feel sorry for the Lynx not having a lottery pick since 2012. Wo is us. We’re not going to have one next year either. I doubt the 6-7 pick over the 8 pick will be an earth-shattering difference. I’d rather have that 5th trophy this year instead of a bump-up of two spots in the 2019 draft.

Now if Reeve can pull off Dantas for #12 and grabs Shenise Johnson and avoids Cappie altogether, most will be forgiven.

It's an even year deal with it lol
And why would the lynx want Dantas back?

Shades

PostPosted: 02/07/18 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Shades wrote:

It's an even year deal with it lol
And why would the lynx want Dantas back?

I’m not superstitious like that.
The Lynx aren’t going to win #5 next year because so far they haven’t made the moves like they care about it.
Apparently you’ve forgotten how well the Lynx did with Dantas as a starter. As a backup, she’d be just marvy.

blaase22

PostPosted: 02/07/18 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dantas was average and has been even moreso with atlanta, im fine with Vadeeva or bpa at 12.

If the lynx finally win it in an even year it will come down to the play of the starters , not cause they lose howard or add Dantas, they don't move the needle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 9 of 26

Jump to: