RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#7 South Carolina @ #2 Miss St 2/5/18 7PM ESPN2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
South Carolina
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Mississippi State
90%
 90%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 20

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/05/18 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:
This PBP announcer has been virtually cheering for Miss St. for most of the game.

Yes Deb Antonelli , she stinks . Id hope ESPN realizes her homerism is sickening.

Except she is a BIG SoCaro homer who has slobbered over them for all 4 years of Wilson's reign... and a big SEC homer secondarily. Not sure who she'll pick to slobber over next year but am sure she'll find someone worthy.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/18 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:
This PBP announcer has been virtually cheering for Miss St. for most of the game.

Yes Deb Antonelli , she stinks . Id hope ESPN realizes her homerism is sickening.

Except she is a BIG SoCaro homer who has slobbered over them for all 4 years of Wilson's reign... and a big SEC homer secondarily. Not sure who she'll pick to slobber over next year but am sure she'll find someone worthy.

No no no myrtle , did you not catch the Mizzou game > ??? She was CLEARLY anti-South Carolina , and that has stayed the same in tonights game. She needs to go

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/05/18 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:

sweet geezus in what alternative universe do i find myself tonight?

PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:

No no no myrtle , did you not catch the Mizzou game > ??? She was CLEARLY anti-South Carolina , and that has stayed the same in tonights game. She needs to go

Isn’t she actually a displaced ACC person with a decided UNC or NC State tilt? She doesn’t belong to the SEC at all, not the way Carol Ross and Andy Landers and Nell Fortner, who are all former SEC coaches, do. Or Kara Lawson, Tamika Catchings, or Andraya Carter, all former players.

PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:

Isn’t she actually a displaced ACC person with a decided UNC or NC State tilt? She doesn’t belong to the SEC at all, not the way Carol Ross and Andy Landers and Nell Fortner, who are all former SEC coaches, do. Or Kara Lawson, Tamika Catchings, or Andraya Carter, all former players.

Id rather have her partner jn crime beth mowins commentate or Lachina. Debbie needs to be a reporter or a sportswriter so she can express all the homerism she wants.

PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:

Id rather have her partner in crime beth mowins commentate or Lachina. Debbie needs to be a reporter or a sportswriter so she can express all the homerism she wants.

PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:

The Cloverfield Paradox.

PostPosted: 02/06/18 2:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Enjoyable game: good display of skills and coaching strategies. If it's common knowledge, I've missed it: why is Bianca Cuevas not playing?

PostPosted: 02/06/18 2:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:

sorry, my mind went on walk about. Yeah, she is a shill for the ACC...but everytime I see her on a SoCaro game she drools non-stop over Wilson. The mute button gets extensive use when she's on so please excuse my ignorance.

- Amanda Gorman
Davis4632

PostPosted: 02/06/18 3:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Enjoyable game: good display of skills and coaching strategies. If it's common knowledge, I've missed it: why is Bianca Cunevas not playing?
She had season ending knee surgery before the season started.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/06/18 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
everytime I see her on a SoCaro game she drools non-stop over Wilson.

The game was on ESPN. Pretty certain that's a highlighted part of the prepared script from Bristol.

When doesn't ESPN drool over Wilson.

And this year, when does ESPN not drool incessantly over Staley? And excuse or even applaud all of her tiresome antics?

Actually last night wasn't nearly as bad as Lawson and Lobo's Staley fawning last week.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vic outdid Dawns antics last night Laughing

linkster

PostPosted: 02/06/18 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:

I was talking about the male. His voice rose a half octave and 30 decibels on MS baskets especially in the 4th period.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/06/18 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Vic outdid Dawns antics last night Laughing

Vic is fun and a lot less abrasive than Dawn can be at times. It's just a personality thing and that does not mean I don't like Dawn.

I enjoyed the game and was rooting for State all the way. IMNSHO McCowan is still not ready for the W; she needs another year of tutelage because she still tends to be a bit slow on the uptake. But she sure does fill the space under the basket! Holmes is definitely the next Big Little Thing for State, and I continue to admire Blair Schaefer...that girl is just grit personified. But Dawn is going to be in some hurt next year without Wilson. I don't care how good Ty Harris and Cliney are, the two of them together can't replace Wilson. Cuevas-Moore is probably still undisciplined at the point, and Te'a Cooper never had any discipline, so there's that. It will be interesting to watch how she regroups. I forget who she has coming in.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/06/18 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:

sorry, my mind went on walk about. Yeah, she is a shill for the ACC...but everytime I see her on a SoCaro game she drools non-stop over Wilson. The mute button gets extensive use when she's on so please excuse my ignorance.

After a UConn fan not realizing the PBP "guy" was his own team's regular announcer, and then having Debbie "Ms. ACC" Antonelli cursed for being an SEC apologist, I simply lost my shizzle. Smile

PostPosted: 02/06/18 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vic Sheaffer has earned COY, imo. Not just for THIS year, but cuz it's finally time to recognize how One Man has turned a formerly obscure program into a powerhouse school. And yes, he's senior-heavy, but....I'd lay odds on the fact he'll be winning a lot more next year than Dawn will.

That said, I agree with Mechelle Voepel's comment about how proud Pat would have been to see such a fantastic showing for a game--Her Game, Our Game--in Starkville, of all places. One of the season's highlights, imo.

Davis4632 wrote:
Howee wrote:
Enjoyable game: good display of skills and coaching strategies. If it's common knowledge, I've missed it: why is Bianca Cunevas not playing?

Thanks, Davis. Cool

PostPosted: 02/07/18 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Vic Sheaffer has earned COY, imo. Not just for THIS year, but cuz it's finally time to recognize how One Man has turned a formerly obscure program into a powerhouse school. And yes, he's senior-heavy, but....I'd lay odds on the fact he'll be winning a lot more next year than Dawn will.

That said, I agree with Mechelle Voepel's comment about how proud Pat would have been to see such a fantastic showing for a game--Her Game, Our Game--in Starkville, of all places. One of the season's highlights, imo.

Davis4632 wrote:
Howee wrote:

Thanks, Davis. Cool

I miss seeing her play and they sure could use her. She overly quick and could steal the ball in a heartbeat.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 02/07/18 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Both teams lose a lot to attrition so it will be fun watching the reload. Dawny has seen huge success when she brings in huge recruits. That hasnt panned out through traditional recruiting but she has had success with the transfer pipeline so watch her throw those doors open. Vic can polish 3 star players and turn them into gems. Plus he has made StarkVegas a destination for Top 100 recruits. So I see a quick turnaround possible for both teams.

In the meantime, i see Georgia or Mizzou as having the experience and the moxie to push the league around.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/07/18 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

IMNSHO McCowan is still not ready for the W; she needs another year of tutelage because she still tends to be a bit slow on the uptake.

Maybe. But I suspect she'd do fine.

But more importantly, she'll develop a real game a lot faster and better playing and practicing against bigger players in the WNBA than she will just relying for another year on her huge height and strength advantage every game. She'd be better off leaving.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: