Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/18 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Tokashiki to skip the 2018 season.

Awe i was a fan of TOK. Love playing with her in NBA Live , she has the tools to be good in this league for a long time. Guses KML will be depended on for production more consistently and i dont see this happening Laughing

PostPosted: 02/05/18 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rq2gkYSkfHY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

toad455

PostPosted: 02/05/18 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like a quick, agile PF capable of hitting 3s. Might have been brought in to replace Tokashiki this season.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/05/18 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Re-signed Nolle Quinn as well: http://storm.wnba.com/news/noelle-quinn-re-signs-seattle-storm/

Honestly, the way she's played the last couple of years, and the way she's been regressing rather than developing, Tokashiki is no great loss. Depending on how many people they bring in, I'm not sure she'd have made it through camp anyway.

I dont mind the re-signing of Quinn. She is a great teammate and brings versatility defensively (1-3) while able to bring up the ball. You have to put the right offensive weapons around her because offensively she will not bring much besides distributing the ball.

Tokashiki skipping this season is good for her and the team. She was pretty bad offensively and defensively last season. Pretty much a liability on the floor tbh. There wouldnt be much minutes for her anyway with Stewart, Langhorne and Paris taking most of the minutes at the 4 and 5.

I dont know Crvendakic. Richyy do you know anything about her?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/18 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Seems like a quick, agile PF capable of hitting 3s. Might have been brought in to replace Tokashiki this season.

Exactly my thoughts.

PostPosted: 02/05/18 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

I dont know Crvendakic.

She gets happy feet before she dribbles but never got called for traveling in that clip.

Looks like Langhorne gets the credit if she turns out good.

http://storm.wnba.com/news/seattle-storm-adds-aleksandra-crvendakic-training-camp-roster/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/05/18 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

I dont know Crvendakic.

She gets happy feet before she dribbles but never got called for traveling in that clip.

Looks like Langhorne gets the credit if she turns out good.

http://storm.wnba.com/news/seattle-storm-adds-aleksandra-crvendakic-training-camp-roster/

Yeah i saw the the travel violations aswell on those pumpfake and drives. Normally they are pretty strict on calling those in the Euroleague so its funny to see her getting away with those in that clip

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
I dont know Crvendakic. Richyy do you know anything about her?

I wouldn't claim to have seen much of her or know much about her, but she's scoring double digits and playing 30mpg on a Sopron team that's been very balanced and remarkably successful in the EuroLeague this season. Their imports are Langhorne and Yvonne Turner (and Danielle Page) - so not exactly superstars - and they went 10-4 in the group stage. Plus she's only 21. Looks to me like she might be the kind of player where they'll struggle to work out if she's a 3 or a 4, but certainly worth a look.

Honestly, putting a chest of drawers out there with a uniform on would probably be an upgrade on what they got from Tokashiki last season.

PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Storm bench still looks terrible. They have Crvendakic, Paris, Quinn, Peterson, KML and soon their #5 pick.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The Storm bench still looks terrible. They have Crvendakic, Paris, Quinn, Peterson, KML and soon their #5 pick.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I dont see this team looking any better than last season to be honest. Even at #5 Drafting Lexi Brown Or Jordin Canada will not fix seattles issues of STILL not having a Viable SF .

PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Seattle ATM

Bird/Quinn/Peterson
Loyd/Whitcomb
Clark/KML
Stewart/Crevndakic
Langhorne/Paris

#5, #17 pick

Not sure which way I go at #5

big Russell
PG Brown or Canada
hope a SF falls out of lottery G. Williams. Deshields
trade

Last edited by J-Spoon on 02/05/18 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I like Whitcomb and Paris off the bench. I can see them giving us 15 pts off the bench if they (certainly Sami) get decent minutes. It also depends in what kind of shape KML is in. If she can get in the kinda of shape that she was at the start of last season when she came back from overseas then i can see her providing a spark off the bench.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/18 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
So Seattle ATM

Bird/Quinn/Peterson
Loyd/Whitcomb
Clark/KML
Stewart/Crevndakic
Langhorne/Paris

#5, #17 pick

Not sure which way I go at #5

big Russell
PG Brown or Canada
hope a SF falls out of lottery G. Williams. Deshields
trade

With the Quinn pick up , makes me thing they wont go PG at #5 . Hopefully their not thinking of taking my Russell ! Gabby wouldnt really be a good fit as they already have a defensive minded non shooting SF on their team. No need for duplicates.

PostPosted: 02/05/18 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I like Whitcomb and Paris off the bench. I can see them giving us 15 pts off the bench if they (certainly Sami) get decent minutes. It also depends in what kind of shape KML is in. If she can get in the kinda of shape that she was at the start of last season when she came back from overseas then i can see her providing a spark off the bench.

Paris scoring 15 pts is a once or twice phenomenon in 1 season . Ive watched and waited for multiple years , but no . Save your breath my friend !

PostPosted: 02/05/18 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I can't see getting 15 ppg combined from those three.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/05/18 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quinn should be the veteran bench warmer for Seattle at this point. They're terribly thin in the post with only Paris as their "true center". Whoever they draft should replace Peterson.

PG: Bird/#5 pick
SG: Loyd/Whitcomb/Quinn
SF: Clark/KML
PF: Stewart/Crvendakic
C: Langhorne/Paris/LMontgomery?

LibFan25

PostPosted: 02/05/18 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Quinn should be the veteran bench warmer for Seattle at this point. They're terribly thin in the post with only Paris as their "true center". Whoever they draft should replace Peterson.

i think they should go wit Canada with the 5th pick. Lexie Brown is great but she is not a pure PG like Canada

im watching this Texas-West Virginia game and Dan Hughes is in love with Brooke Mccarty. don't be surprise Storm fans to see her in Seattle this year lol

Randy

PostPosted: 02/05/18 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dan falls in love with players quite easily. I do enjoy his enthusiasm as the game analyst.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/18 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

i think they should go wit Canada with the 5th pick. Lexie Brown is great but she is not a pure PG like Canada

im watching this Texas-West Virginia game and Dan Hughes is in love with Brooke Mccarty. don't be surprise Storm fans to see her in Seattle this year lol

+1 on the canada thought!

PostPosted: 02/05/18 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crvendakic will be the perfect replacement for Tokashiki. No one will be able to pronounce her name either.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just don't see Seattle making the playoffs...The rest of the league has improved so much....Seattle should focus on getting a lottery pick in 2019.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I just don't see Seattle making the playoffs...The rest of the league has improved so much....Seattle should focus on getting a lottery pick in 2019.

My Predictions have the storm finishing somewhere in the 10-12 area.

PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Unless Seattle can add 2-3 more legit rotation players,10-12 wins is about right.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Unless Seattle can add 2-3 more legit rotation players,10-12 wins is about right.

Well damn i was predicting there standing lol but 10-12 wins sounds about right also. Poor sue wont be able to go out a winner. Shes won enough

PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Well damn i was predicting there standing lol but 10-12 wins sounds about right also. Poor sue wont be able to go out a winner. Shes won enough

They only won 15 & 16 games the last two season...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 5 of 20

Jump to: