RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Washington Mystics 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/01/18 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
You can't really blame Meesseman for taking the time off ... she's been going year-round for a while now. And barring a disastrous injury, she will be welcome in the WNBA for many years to come whether she takes an occasional summer off or not.

Can a team with title aspirations really have a liability like that? I believe Vadeeva would pose the same issues with national commitments ect .

PostPosted: 02/01/18 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
You can't really blame Meesseman for taking the time off ... she's been going year-round for a while now. And barring a disastrous injury, she will be welcome in the WNBA for many years to come whether she takes an occasional summer off or not.

Can a team with title aspirations really have a liability like that? I believe Vadeeva would pose the same issues with national commitments ect .

In fairness it's the first extended break Meesseman's taken from the WNBA in six years. That makes her less of a liability than a whole host of American star players...

PostPosted: 02/01/18 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Meesseman and Delle Donne weren’t a good mix anyway. Kinda the same player. Either are too lanky and slow to play SF and not strong enough to play center. So depth will take a hit for sure. But like Miller last year, a starter being unexpectedly absent might force him into a starting lineup that’s actually better than they had last year.

They still have Krystal Thomas, right? The return of Tayler Hill. Currie rumor. I think they could be better if depth in post doesn’t become a problem. Camille Little to Mystics? Isn’t she from NC?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/01/18 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

In fairness it's the first extended break Meesseman's taken from the WNBA in six years. That makes her less of a liability than a whole host of American star players...

Also its the first time that Belgium is at a big tournament in a while and this is probably their only good shot because it will be Wauters last tournament if she can stay healthy.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
sigur3

PostPosted: 02/05/18 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dev Peters and Asia Taylor sign

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/05/18 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Dev Peters and Asia Taylor sign

Makes sense. They've basically replaced Meesseman with Currie and Peters, so they've got options at both 3 and 4 depending on where they want to shift EDD at a given time. Also, if she's healthy, I guess Peters is the backup to Krystal Thomas at the 5 at the moment. It's her, Delle Donne or Hawkins.

PostPosted: 02/05/18 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good pick ups for Washington. Mystics are looking deep for 2018, though I doubt Taylor & Hightower make the final roster.

PG: Toliver/Cloud
SG: Hill/Walker-Kimbrough/Hightower
SF: Ruffin-Pratt/Currie/Taylor
PF: Delle Donne/Sanders/Peters
C: KThomas/Hawkins
+ their #8 draft pick

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/05/18 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh yeah, there's Sanders as well to help out inside. Knew I was forgetting someone.

PostPosted: 02/05/18 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Good pick ups for Washington. Mystics are looking deep for 2018, though I doubt Taylor & Hightower make the final roster.

PG: Toliver/Cloud
SG: Hill/Walker-Kimbrough/Hightower
SF: Ruffin-Pratt/Currie/Taylor
PF: Delle Donne/Sanders/Peters
C: KThomas/Hawkins
+ their #8 draft pick

This looks like the same post thin team from last year. They will beat most eastern teams but still wont be able to topple the WNBA's Elite *Minny / LA & Now Dallasssssss Cool Cool Cool *

PostPosted: 02/05/18 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Thin" is about the last word I'd use when describing the Mystics.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/18 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

Well which word would you use ?

EDD & Hawkins Playing the 4
With Thomas & Pringle playing the 5 ...That wont beat the top tier teams as shown last season . Adding Pringle i guess puts the styx over the hump ? Laughing

PostPosted: 02/05/18 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like the signing of Currie & Peters for the Mystics.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 02/05/18 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

With Thomas & Pringle playing the 5 ...That wont beat the top tier teams as shown last season . Adding Pringle i guess puts the styx over the hump ? Laughing

"Lacking a sufficient amount of true top tier talent" would be a lot better. Mystics were the deepest team in the league last year and this depth looks comparable to that at the very least.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

"Lacking a sufficient amount of true top tier talent" would be a lot better. Mystics were the deepest team in the league last year and this depth looks comparable to that at the very least.

They were? Id give the nod to Connecticut. They were deep and will be even deeper this season.

PostPosted: 02/06/18 5:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

They were? Id give the nod to Connecticut. They were deep and will be even deeper this season.

Connecticut was extremely reliant on their fantastic starting lineup.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Washington was extremely Extremely reliant on EDD. That is all .

PostPosted: 02/06/18 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Last time I checked we did fine even when she (+Hill) was out.

Mystics had 11 players who played 12+ minutes per game in 2017. Connecticut had 7 (+Kizer barely missing the cut). My case is closed.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/06/18 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Mystics had 11 players who played 12+ minutes per game in 2017. Connecticut had 7 (+Kizer barely missing the cut). My case is closed.

Just because thibault used more players does not mean they were effective in there minutes. So you qualify deep being alot of players playing in a game versus players actually making a difference in a game ahh ok .

Latta made a difference
Cloud made a difference - I vaguely agree
Hightower made a difference ?
Walker Kimbrough made a difference ?
Asia Taylor Made a difference ?
Tianna Hawkins made a difference ?

Yeah theyre reallllllllllly deep !

PostPosted: 02/06/18 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Just because thibault used more players does not mean they were effective in there minutes. So you qualify deep being alot of players playing in a game versus players actually making a difference in a game ahh ok .

Latta made a difference

I see that you didn't watch many Mystics games. Having the better performing bench in most matchups was huge for Washington last season.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/06/18 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Latta made a difference

I see that you didn't watch many Mystics games. Having the better performing bench in most matchups was huge for Washington last season.

Idk maybe i didnt pay enough attention not sure . Whom might you say was the bench performer that won games for the styx ? IF anyone the most reliable bench player was Cloud . I just know they were predicted to make the finals at seasons beginning with predictions and that soon was Shot to hell when they took the court and everyone realized they were NOT a title contender. Can you really be the deepest team in the league and not be mentioned as a title contender ?

PostPosted: 02/06/18 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Latta made a difference

Idk maybe i didnt pay enough attention not sure . Whom might you say was the bench performer that won games for the styx ? IF anyone the most reliable bench player was Cloud . I just know they were predicted to make the finals at seasons beginning with predictions and that soon was Shot to hell when they took the court and everyone realized they were NOT a title contender. Can you really be the deepest team in the league and not be mentioned as a title contender ?

1) Yes, it's Cloud. 2nd best backup PG in the league last season.
2) Were they predicted to get 0 relevant games of their 5 best players actually playing together? Because that was kind of the issue last season.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/22/18 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://mystics.wnba.com/news/enhances-basketball-operations-staff/

Quote:
Washington Mystics general manager and head coach Mike Thibault announced that Asjha Jones and Chalisa Fonza have been added to the basketball operations staff.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/27/18 2:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Belgium wanted Emma Meesseman to miss the WNBA playoffs
Quote:
Since [Thibault] anticipated at least some of these things happening, I’m not sure why he did not part ways with Meesseman when she had significant trade value.
For example, before the Elena Delle Donne trade happened, the Sky wanted Meesseman in a deal. The Mystics refused to do so

https://www.bulletsforever.com/2018/2/26/17055844/belgium-womens-basketball-emma-meesseman-fiba-world-cup-wnba-playoffs

PostPosted: 02/27/18 5:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
And record-wise, they actually played better without Meesseman than with her. (Sounds eerily similar to a current Wizards situation). But at the same time, I’m not exactly sure why Meesseman seemed to be untouchable before the 2017 season, even if the Mystics anticipated this all along.

Hindsight. This guy himself wanted Meesseman to be untouchable.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/27/18 7:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Quote:
And record-wise, they actually played better without Meesseman than with her. (Sounds eerily similar to a current Wizards situation). But at the same time, I’m not exactly sure why Meesseman seemed to be untouchable before the 2017 season, even if the Mystics anticipated this all along.

Hindsight. This guy himself wanted Meesseman to be untouchable.

Not true. The article's exact statement was
Quote:
The Mystics consider Meesseman untradeable.

https://www.bulletsforever.com/2016/12/17/13988260/winners-losers-elena-delle-donne-mystics-possibility-wnba-2017

He also stated he'd prefer to trade her.

Quote:
I think most of us would agree that in a vacuum, the fairest trade the Mystics could make is by offering Meesseman and the #2 pick to Chicago for Delle Donne. I would make that trade myself.

https://www.bulletsforever.com/2017/1/24/14370850/chicago-sky-emma-meesseman-elena-delle-donne-trade-inquiry-wnba-2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: