Dallas Wings 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 02/05/18 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
If McCoughtry is thirsting for a championship, I think she’d go for this deal. If not, she can stay in ATL and hand out ice cream cones to the kiddies.

If Angel was ring shopping, she wouldn't be looking anywhere that has Fred Williams coaching.

You keep preaching this but Cambage and McCoughtry might be enough to help the Wings over the Williams coaching hump.

As far as ring-shopping, MIN & LAS don’t need her and the only other team with maybe enough assets to make a deal without killing the team is CON. Can you picture her in CON? They’d probably be worried that McCoughtry would upset the delicate balance over there even more than Chiney might.

I agree that Angel's not going anywhere

PostPosted: 02/05/18 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Wings' official press release:

http://wings.wnba.com/news/dallas-wings-sign-liz-cambage/

Just gonna keep my recollections of the past and my cynicism to myself and just hope for the best. Hopefully, she gives me reason to trust.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/18 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Just gonna keep my recollections of the past and my cynicism to myself and just hope for the best. Hopefully, she gives me reason to trust.

I appreciate this !

PostPosted: 02/05/18 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
toad455 wrote:

This is a message board. As long as you are civil to the fellow members of this board do NOT be afraid to let your opinions be known and let it all HANG OUT!! Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 02/05/18 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is great for the Wings and hopefully the other players will be working on lobs in the preseason.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/05/18 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
This is great for the Wings and hopefully the other players will be working on lobs in the preseason.

I prefer wraparounds or bounce passes.

The lob passes demonstrated by my Gophers team give me nightmares.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
hyperetic

PostPosted: 02/05/18 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
toad455 wrote:

This is a message board. As long as you are civil to the fellow members of this board do NOT be afraid to let your opinions be known and let it all HANG OUT!! Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing The point is moot now. Whether I agree or not, for better or worse, she is signed. So I'm just gonna wait and see.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/05/18 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Me too. Looking forward. What's in the past stays in the past and has nothing to do with this season. That includes all the diva antics of the WNBL season that just finished a couple of weeks ago. Ancient history now Razz

(Expect drama Wink )

PostPosted: 02/05/18 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Me too. Looking forward. What's in the past stays in the past and has nothing to do with this season. That includes all the diva antics of the WNBL season that just finished a couple of weeks ago. Ancient history now Razz

(Expect drama Wink )

iExpect championships . Ive been waiting for this moment and now i will be able to rub it in everyone's face come Day 1 of the season . Go Liz , Go Wings ! Go Big or Go HOMEEEE!

PostPosted: 02/05/18 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA getting some recognition on the ESPN ticker tonight . Referring to Dallas signing Cambage #BigDeal Cool Cool

PostPosted: 02/05/18 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm interested to see, even with the addition of Cambage, how well Dallas defends and how well the shoot the ball. Last season they were dead last in both FG percentage defense at 48.1% and shooting percentage at 40.6%.

PostPosted: 02/05/18 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
I'm interested to see, even with the addition of Cambage, how well Dallas defends and how well the shoot the ball. Last season they were dead last in both FG percentage defense at 48.1% and shooting percentage at 40.6%.

Well to speak to the FG % Defense was more of us being horrible in the Pick & Roll with our bigs and other teams just clobbering us downlow and scoring in the paint at will . I expect that too improve. The offensive #'s id hope will improve with less outside shots and more Feeding the Camb*tch !

PostPosted: 02/05/18 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Well to speak to the FG % Defense was more of us being horrible in the Pick & Roll with our bigs and other teams just clobbering us downlow and scoring in the paint at will . I expect that too improve. The offensive #'s id hope will improve with less outside shots and more Feeding the Camb*tch !

I look forward to watching Fowles vs. Cambage down low. Should be a fun season for your Wings. I'm glad she's finally playing the WNBA again.

PostPosted: 02/05/18 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

I look forward to watching Fowles vs. Cambage down low. Should be a fun season for your Wings. I'm glad she's finally playing the WNBA again.

I know riiite ! Thank you Adam i feel like a proud parent Laughing Laughing Cambage vs BG is the matchup im most excited to see though . Tina Charles wont bully our posts this season thats for sure. I remember being so upset at the NY game in sept on how the way Charles just bullied us everywhere on the court and i verbatim remember saying "She wont do that when liz gets here" !

PostPosted: 02/05/18 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Last time they matched up (in the Chinese league semi finals) Liz received a serious reality check, so I'd keep a lid on any expectations about how she'll do against Syl & BG.

PostPosted: 02/05/18 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's no reason why Dallas(barring injury) should not finish with a top 4 seed.The Wings have top 4 players at two positions(PG,C),arguably the two most important positions.A double-double machine at PF.Throw in the abundance of talent at the wing positions,and bench depth.Dallas should finish with a top 4 record,and be considered a legit threat to win the championship.......23-26 wins is very doable.

Top 4 teams in 2018 will be:

Minnesota
Phoenix
Dallas
Los Angeles

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 02/05/18 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage Johnson KCK Gray Diggin Smith looks like a good talented starting 5. Having Chong Davis Powers Thornton is not a bad bench neither.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/18 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
There's no reason why Dallas(barring injury) should not finish with a top 4 seed.The Wings have top 4 players at two positions(PG,C),arguably the two most important positions.A double-double machine at PF.Throw in the abundance of talent at the wing positions,and bench depth.Dallas should finish with a top 4 record,and be considered a legit threat to win the championship.......23-26 wins is very doable.

Top 4 teams in 2018 will be:

Minnesota
Phoenix
Dallas
Los Angeles

This i agree with 100% . I have flashbacks to the season Tulsa started 6-1 and beat Minnesota , then Diggins goes down and its all over from there. Just the thought of what could have been with that team . Diggins , Glory & Liz just gives me chills knowing they will have twice the supporting cast here in dallas. Powers , Davis , Gray , Thornton , Chong , #6 ,

PostPosted: 02/05/18 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
There's no reason why Dallas(barring injury) should not finish with a top 4 seed.

There is one reason...

PostPosted: 02/05/18 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
zune69 wrote:
There's no reason why Dallas(barring injury) should not finish with a top 4 seed.

There is one reason...

Shut up pilight Laughing He will get it done . Cool Cool

PostPosted: 02/05/18 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m looking forward to Liz vs JJ from the Sun. The wings had no answer for her last season, she will be faster then Liz, but I can’t see her stopping Cambage in the paint, Liz should be a 20 and 9 player.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/05/18 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I’m looking forward to Liz vs JJ from the Sun.

That's going to be a real interesting matchup, yeah.

Who's going to knock down the outside shots for the Wings when Liz passes out of the double-team? (something she is much better at since the last time she was in the WNBA, btw)

PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I’m looking forward to Liz vs JJ from the Sun.

That's going to be a real interesting matchup, yeah.

Who's going to knock down the outside shots for the Wings when Liz passes out of the double-team? (something she is much better at since the last time she was in the WNBA, btw)

Skylar
Allisha
Ariel
Saniya
Maybe Kaela if shes hot.
But we have enough shooters to compensate. Im so excited come on and tip off already. Wondering who our first victim will be? #ScheduleReleaseTomorrow

PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My Predictions

#1 Dallas Wings
#2 LA Sparks
#3 Minnesota Lynx
#4 Connecticut Sun
#5 Atlanta Dream
#6 New York Liberty
#7 Phoenix Mercury
#8 Washington mystics
#9 Chicago Sky
#10 Las Vegas Aces
# 11 Seattle Storm
#12 Indiana Fever

That was harder than i thought #'s 4-10 could all interchange. I think its pretty set that Seattle has failed to improve via free agency if even got worse with the losses . Poor indiana will be playing for pride and another lottery pick in my opinion. Maybe KLS? K. Brown or Durr in 2019? They just dont have enough. Most likely going to lose Johnson And January after this season.

PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Skylar
Allisha
Ariel
Saniya
Maybe Kaela if shes hot.
But we have enough shooters to compensate. Im so excited come on and tip off already. Wondering who our first victim will be? #ScheduleReleaseTomorrow

35%
30%
31%
24% Embarassed
43%

We'll see. Hopefully Aerial's 3 point shooting is more 2016 than 2017 in accuracy.

(I'll stop being wet blanket now I promise. You please stay hyped)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 10 of 41

Jump to: