RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Connecticut Sun 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 01/10/18 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I would like NY (to exist) and poach UFA Stricklen.

She had her best season in the W last year and her outside shooting really helped the post combo of A. Thomas and J. Jones. She would fit nicely between the two headed two guard Prince/Rodgers and Charles. Conn having to move A. Thomas to the 3 spot at least some of the time to open up minutes for Chiney and a healthy Tuck, combined with the fact that I see them taking the 6 footer Nurse at #9 if she is still on the boardas another option for the SG/SF spot just might make Shekinna a low enough priority that the Liberty could take advantage of

It wouldn't be that super star move we really need but it might push the needle slightly further in our favor.

I’ve actually chatted to Stricklen online and she says she wants to return to CT next year and that her Sun teammates want her back as well. Of course, she could just be saying that, but I fully expect her to return to CT. Pedersen and Adams are definately out, possibly Kizer too. I won’t miss Pedersen/Adams but I’d like to see Kizer return, and be healthy and actually contribute a lot like I know she’s capable of.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/10/18 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:
Dang I really thought I had missed a bunch of info on the Suns and was really looking forward to reading but this is so unnecessary. We need to all support women’s basketball. Don’t make the W like the silly college jealousy. If we can’t support it, why should we expect others to.

Same here. I saw ‘page 3’ and thought, wow something must be happening in CT, so I get excited, and click to read, and it’s nothing but f’ing garbage not related to the CT Sun at all.

Take your pissing battle somewhere else other than the Sun thread.

You know, this should be a general rule. I had the same thing happen in the Storm thread last year. So when someone brings up "this is not related to the thread," we all need to put our egos in our pockets.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/10/18 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:
Dang I really thought I had missed a bunch of info on the Suns and was really looking forward to reading but this is so unnecessary. We need to all support women’s basketball. Don’t make the W like the silly college jealousy. If we can’t support it, why should we expect others to.

Same here. I saw ‘page 3’ and thought, wow something must be happening in CT, so I get excited, and click to read, and it’s nothing but f’ing garbage not related to the CT Sun at all.

Take your pissing battle somewhere else other than the Sun thread.

You know, this should be a general rule. I had the same thing happen in the Storm thread last year. So when someone brings up "this is not related to the thread," we all need to put our egos in our pockets.

My pockets aren't big enough for that

PostPosted: 01/24/18 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Williams Reflects On MVP Season In Perth
Quote:
She wasn’t completely changed by her time in Australia with the Perth Lynx, but Courtney Williams definitely returned home with some noticeable differences.

http://sun.wnba.com/news/williams-reflects-mvp-season-perth/

PostPosted: 02/02/18 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sun trade 21st pick in the draft to Mercury for Cayla George.

I don’t remember much about her. Is this a good move by the Sun and does she even have a shot at making the roster?

toad455

PostPosted: 02/02/18 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

I don’t remember much about her. Is this a good move by the Sun and does she even have a shot at making the roster?

No.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/02/18 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

No.

Double No No

PostPosted: 02/02/18 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They had Adams, Jones, Pedersen and an oft-crocked Kizer and Tuck on the end of the bench all through last season. So she's got a shot to make the roster. She's not particularly good - mostly just jacks threes on offense, mostly just fouls on defense (then looks amazed that she was called for it) - but there's still a shot.

PostPosted: 02/02/18 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
mostly just fouls on defense (then looks amazed that she was called for it)

Laughing mean but accurate

PostPosted: 02/02/18 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd say Sun will have:

PG: JThomas/Banham
SG: CWilliams/Bentley/draft pick
SF: Stricklen/Tuck
PF: AThomas/Pederson/George?
C: JJones/Ogwumike

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 02/02/18 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'd say Sun will have:

Ogwumike's coming off the bench and Stricklen is starting?
Pull up a chair and prepare for the fireworks. Razz

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/03/18 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'd say Sun will have:

Pedersen said last season was probably her last. She said she wants to retire from basketball to peruse other interests.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 02/03/18 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I'd say Sun will have:

Ogwumike's coming off the bench and Stricklen is starting?
Pull up a chair and prepare for the fireworks. Razz

It's the obvious decision to make. The team had lots of success with this lineup and having Chiney as the centerpiece of their 2nd unit should help out a lot.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/03/18 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know I’ve been pushing the Chiney for Lavender plus something else trade idea, but how about Chiney for #3 in 2018 and maybe a 2nd rounder in 2019? I’m sure Chicago would let her start.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/03/18 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I know I’ve been pushing the Chiney for Lavender plus something else trade idea, but how about Chiney for #3 in 2018 and maybe a 2nd rounder in 2019? I’m sure Chicago would let her start.

I don't know if they can get that much for her

PostPosted: 02/03/18 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

How about its not going to happen so you give it the hell up already.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/03/18 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really don't think Chiney is going anywhere. And if she's healthy she'll be starting alongside Jones. Hoping she is in fact healthy. I know all the falderol about A. Thomas not being as effective at SF but I think she'll be starting there. It gives them lots of flexibility - going big or going small.

And if Chiney can't stay healthy, possibly she will be done. Crossing fingers. It would be great to see her back to old self again.

- Amanda Gorman
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 02/03/18 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sure they're going to try to work it out with Chiney. I'm just not sure they're going to succeed.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/04/18 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Connecticut Sun: The Cayla George trade says they are contenders
Quote:
When the Connecticut Sun traded a second round draft pick for Cayla George, they announced to the WNBA they believed they were contenders.
Last season the Connecticut Sun announced to the world they were a team to be reckoned with. Even without the talents Chiney Ogwumike, the Sun were a difficult team to put away.

https://wnbafanblog.wordpress.com/2018/02/05/connecticut-sun-cayla-george-trade-contenders/

PostPosted: 02/04/18 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Quote:
When the Connecticut Sun traded a second round draft pick for Cayla George, they announced to the WNBA they believed they were contenders.
Last season the Connecticut Sun announced to the world they were a team to be reckoned with. Even without the talents Chiney Ogwumike, the Sun were a difficult team to put away.

https://wnbafanblog.wordpress.com/2018/02/05/connecticut-sun-cayla-george-trade-contenders/

Shocked Oh yeah this makes them For real!

PostPosted: 02/04/18 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had no idea that there was a WNBA version of The Onion.

PostPosted: 02/04/18 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
George is able to come on and replace Ogwumike or Thomas without the Sun losing much.

Okay....

Quote:
If the cost was a second round pick to garner this depth, the Sun have made the right call..

Hard to argue that she wouldn’t be more useful than the #21(?) pick in the short term, but is she better than (supposedly retiring) Pedersen or other options that could be available as UFA?

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/04/18 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I had no idea that there was a WNBA version of The Onion.

I know what you're saying, but I'd just like to point out that there was a Twitter feed that was basically women's basketball Onion headlines, calling themselves The Scallion. I think the handle was taken by someone else, though, and I think the tweets have been lost forever. Sad

Nope! I stand corrected. https://twitter.com/TheScallionWBB

(now with spelling variations)
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/04/18 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Hard to argue that she wouldn’t be more useful than the #21(?) pick in the short term, but is she better than (supposedly retiring) Pedersen or other options that could be available as UFA?

I think a known quantity is 90% likely to be better than a random #21 pick. And their were times George looked decent. I think it depends on the matchup. Playing against 2nd string centers, she's ok.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 02/05/18 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:

I think a known quantity is 90% likely to be better than a random #21 pick.

And to be honest, I don’t think Miller has exhibited an ability to be a late pick gem spotter. What’s the lowest pick he’s ever kept?

myrtle wrote:
And their were times George looked decent. I think it depends on the matchup. Playing against 2nd string centers, she's ok.

There were times this past season Pedersen looked the best I’ve ever seen her. So the question remains is George that much better than Pedersen to make the huge difference this author is talking about? He already showed delusion with that first comment I highlighted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13

Jump to: