RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2018 Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/04/18 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I am still holding out hope that Johnson re-signs with Indiana.

She just did some broadcasting work with Ball State, so that would suggest she still has ties within Indiana, at least.

PostPosted: 02/04/18 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised to see Reeve sign Latta.

The thing is, the Lynx usually want their veteran pickups to at least make a vague nod towards playing defense. So Latta may not be a great fit. Tanisha Wright, if she fancied a few months of ring-chasing, might work. But admittedly the list of available veteran options is starting to look pretty thin, especially on the perimeter.

Renee Montgomery couldnt (or wouldnt) guard a chair before she came to the Lynx. So maybe Reeve can get some more effort out of Latta.

If the Storm want a short term solution for the PG position then i could see them going after Latta but i rather see them going after Clarendon

Clarendon for #5?

Why would Collen/Atl do this?

Shades

PostPosted: 02/04/18 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Clarendon for #5?

Would they want Clarendon over Plum? Remember how Bird feels about Plum, unless those feelings have changed since Plum’s senior season at Washington.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 02/04/18 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good question stever - but for one thing - after the 2018 season Dantas and Williams become RFA's and get paid a lot more. Probably Montgomery and Breland will be max players. Hayes (and Clarendon's) contract may be up, and with Angel being cored, could end up losing a player or have cap problems. So that's one thing. Plus - Atlanta has no first round pick. Maybe we don't need both Clarendon and Montgomery.

Shades - Clarendon is better than Plum, so far at least and Michelle89 was interested in Clarendon.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/04/18 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Randy wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

If the Storm want a short term solution for the PG position then i could see them going after Latta but i rather see them going after Clarendon

Clarendon for #5?

Ever since ATL acquired Montgomery, it’s stirred trade rumors for Clarendon.

I don’t understand though because Montgomery is good in the backup role and she knows it. Reasonably sure her going to ATL has nothing to do with starting.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/04/18 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I don’t understand though because Montgomery is good in the backup role and she knows it. Reasonably sure her going to ATL has nothing to do with starting.

The theory is that if she was happy on the bench she would have stayed in Minnesota

PostPosted: 02/04/18 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Randy wrote:
Clarendon for #5?

You could make the argument that it's the right time to sell high on Clarendon. She's in the Team USA squad, and everyone fell in love with the assist numbers last season. But the shooting percentages fell through the floor while she was at it. If you love one of the rookie guards currently in college, maybe you think they'll be a better player in a year or two than Clarendon already is.

PostPosted: 02/04/18 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Shades - Clarendon is better than Plum, so far at least and Michelle89 was interested in Clarendon.

Unless Bird suddenly pulls a Whalen and bows out of Team USA competition, it would appear Bird will try to play in the WNBA through 2020. That would be plenty of time for Plum to blossom under Bird’s nurturing tutelage, while Clarendon would be an expensive backup.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/04/18 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:

The theory is that if she was happy on the bench she would have stayed in Minnesota

So you’re saying Collen promised Montgomery a starting spot. Why would Collen come in and be down on Clarendon? Doesn’t seem like somebody who would make decisions on preconceived notions.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/04/18 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Bill would be better off trading Plum and the #1 pick to Seattle for the #5 pick & Loyd.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/04/18 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I think Bill would be better off trading Plum and the #1 pick to Seattle for the #5 pick & Loyd.

I can't imagine what the benefit is for Seattle to do that. I know Loyd isn't perfect, but she has proven herself to be very good in the league for long stretches. Wilson might be able to work with Stewart, but why would Seattle give up Loyd to get a power forward when they already have the best PF in the league?

Shades

PostPosted: 02/04/18 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Why would Laimbeer give up Wilson for Loyd when he already has McBride? Plus whatever would be available at #5 would be a mystery.

I think the Aces are okay at guard. That frontline is a patchwork of ex-Liberty players nobody else wanted. I’m not sure if Laimbeer will be able to recognize it, but that frontline needs work.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/04/18 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:

So you’re saying Collen promised Montgomery a starting spot. Why would Collen come in and be down on Clarendon? Doesn’t seem like somebody who would make decisions on preconceived notions.

I have no idea what Collen promised her. I'm just telling you what people are thinking.

PostPosted: 02/04/18 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised to see Reeve sign Latta.

The thing is, the Lynx usually want their veteran pickups to at least make a vague nod towards playing defense. So Latta may not be a great fit. Tanisha Wright, if she fancied a few months of ring-chasing, might work. But admittedly the list of available veteran options is starting to look pretty thin, especially on the perimeter.

Renee Montgomery couldnt (or wouldnt) guard a chair before she came to the Lynx. So maybe Reeve can get some more effort out of Latta.

Clarendon for #5?

I dont watch college ball so i have no idea how good the 5th pick will be. So i cant answer your question.

Regarding Montgomery, Mo Curry said on twitter that Renee was getting money in ATL so that is probably why she went there. I dont think a starting spot was promised but that she could compete with Clarendon for that spot atleast.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 02/04/18 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Regarding Montgomery, Mo Curry said on twitter that Renee was getting money in ATL so that is probably why she went there.

Is the translation ATL was willing to pay more than Minnesota?

Randy

PostPosted: 02/04/18 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Dream press release said Mongomery got a "multi-year" (more than one) deal - might have been money for more seasons than anyone else would offer. I'd be happy with both Clarendon and Montgomery, though. I wanted Mongomery on the Dream before she improved her game with the Lynx.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/04/18 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Regarding Montgomery, Mo Curry said on twitter that Renee was getting money in ATL so that is probably why she went there.

I saw that tweet, too. I wonder if ATL gave her the max?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/04/18 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When someone's established like that in one place and had success, it's a bit like they're a restricted free agent - and you almost always have to overpay RFAs to get them on your team.

PostPosted: 02/04/18 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
The Dream press release said Mongomery got a "multi-year" (more than one) deal - might have been money for more seasons than anyone else would offer. I'd be happy with both Clarendon and Montgomery, though. I wanted Mongomery on the Dream before she improved her game with the Lynx.

Another consideration is when you own your own home, you pocket the housing stipend instead of putting it towards apartment rental.

Randy

PostPosted: 02/04/18 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

Another consideration is when you own your own home, you pocket the housing stipend instead of putting it towards apartment rental.

Great point. Other players who own homes in Atlanta should consider that too.

awhom111

PostPosted: 02/04/18 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
With that said players still out there I would love to have in NY

S. Johnson
L. Kizer
N. Howard

This is the exact list I want for Minnesota. Not sure if we can get them for the same price as Pierson, Perkins, and Montgomery. Probably close though.

Obviously Howard is there if they want to pay her.

I’m confused why people think they don’t want to pay her. I already made a thorough post about this.

With Howard:
*The Lynx know what they’re getting
*They’ve already said they want her back
*They’ve cleared up plenty of cap space to sign her

Hopefully they’re just going through that waiting period, or maybe like Maya, Howard is having a hard time finding a printer.

J-Spoon wrote:
It might be a little harder if they signed both TJJ and C. Little

If the Lynx sign Kizer and Howard, those two wouldn’t be needed.

J-Spoon wrote:
maybe they would try a sign and trade with Howard for a younger player or pick. I don't think Howard to Chicago for #4 would be that far fetched. Chicago needs a PF and I don't see one in the lottery besides Wilson unless they really want to reach for Billings.

This doesn’t sound like the Lynx. MIN really needs a young vet backup PF/SF over a rookie.

J-Spoon wrote:
Minny could grab one of Deshields or G. Williams at #4 either would be a pretty good fit, or could even mix it up and take L. Brown.

DeShields doesn’t fit Minnesota’s no nutcase policy. Gabby would be nice but she’d be a project guard. Jones and Brown are similar players. MIN is trying to win another championship. They’re not in rebuild mode.

Now I'm imagining Natasha Howard patiently waiting for a fax machine to work at a hotel in China. When you think about it, it is crazy to think about all of the various locales in the world where these contracts are coming from. It's not like NBA free agency where players are signing at the team facility or the comfort of their own home. Natasha had a game on Wednesday then presumably had a long, tough trip back on Thursday. Then they probably had some serious preparations on Friday for a game on Saturday that they needed to win to extend their season. Now that that's all over, maybe Sylvia Fowles kidnapped her Los Angeles Clippers style and is trying to make her sign on reduced terms.
stever

PostPosted: 02/04/18 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

Great point. Other players who own homes in Atlanta should consider that too.

Sees what you did there:

Tampering! Wink

Randy

PostPosted: 02/04/18 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fans (and players for that matter) can tamper all they want. Razz

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/04/18 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Yeah that would be my guess

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Randy

PostPosted: 02/04/18 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe the Lynx offered to pay her in Bitcoins instead of actual money. Seriously though - why wouldn't MN been able to pay her the max since Pierson and Perkins were gone or at least going? Don't see why salary cap would be an issue.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 16 of 23

Jump to: