RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kristine Anigwe and the middle ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClayK

PostPosted: 02/03/18 4:10 pm    ::: Kristine Anigwe and the middle ... Reply Reply with quote

Redacted.

Last edited by ClayK on 02/03/18 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
calbearman76

PostPosted: 02/03/18 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I disagree. Even if she did it, and from what you say I assume she did, I don't see that as worthy of a suspension. If it had been seen in real time by the officials it is worth a technical foul but nothing more.

Flipping off another team's coach is stupid. Gottlieb should make it clear it isn't appropriate. But compared with other types of offenses I don't think it's a big deal.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 02/04/18 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two years ago, in the middle of a UW-UCLA game in Pauley, Mike Neighbors mouthed the words "f*ck you" at me.

I had been riding him, for sure, but never used profanity, or said anything personal, or engaged in sort of any name-calling or insult. In this particular case, he had just gotten a technical foul and I was giving him a sarcastic standing ovation for hurting his own team. And his response was to mouth "f*ck you" at me.

Sometimes people get mad at basketball games.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/04/18 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clay, I notice you took the post down- did other evidence come to light?

(now with spelling variations)
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/04/18 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
Two years ago, in the middle of a UW-UCLA game in Pauley, Mike Neighbors mouthed the words "f*ck you" at me.

I had been riding him, for sure, but never used profanity, or said anything personal, or engaged in sort of any name-calling or insult. In this particular case, he had just gotten a technical foul and I was giving him a sarcastic standing ovation for hurting his own team. And his response was to mouth "f*ck you" at me.

No insults, name-calling, personal commentary? What's left? Smile

PostPosted: 02/04/18 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Clay, I notice you took the post down- did other evidence come to light?

No doubt the incident occurred. Just playing it safe ...

PostPosted: 02/04/18 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HOLD THE PRESSES!!!

BREAKING!!!

Basketball players, fans and coaches sometimes utter impolite common laryngeal vocalizations or perform impolite common gestures.

Get the electric chair for all of them, and the fainting couch for me.
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 02/04/18 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:

"Good job, Mike! You just got a T for your team! Way to go! Keep it up!" I believe those were my exact words.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/04/18 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:

"Good job, Mike! You just got a T for your team! Way to go! Keep it up!" I believe those were my exact words.

I meant prior to that...

PostPosted: 02/04/18 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There was nothing wrong with Clays post and I think you were correct in asking the consequences. If nothing is done, the worry is what will happen next and how could it affect you. Games can be lost due to stupid behavior.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 02/04/18 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:

I meant prior to that...

Well, whenever he'd leave the coach's box to bitch at the refs (which was often), I'd yell things like, "Hey coach! Your chair's over there! It's the thing that looks like a chair!" Stuff like that. You need more?

LitePal

PostPosted: 02/04/18 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Neighbors is a creep. Interesting he mouthed profanities to Pat because He also mouthed a racial epithet twice to someone sitting close by at Pauley.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 02/04/18 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
Neighbors is a creep. Interesting he mouthed profanities to Pat because He also mouthed a racial epithet twice to someone sitting close by at Pauley.

That's horrible to hear. But my point wasn't necessarily that Mike Neighbors is an especially bad person, just that sometimes competitors get frustrated at these basketball games and do or say unkind things. Anything racial, though, is of course much harder to forgive.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/04/18 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I always think it's too bad when a DI athlete, or coach, uses profanity in any way. They are definitely looked up to and emulated by lots of little kids. I like to see class in that situation...but what do I know.

- Amanda Gorman
LitePal

PostPosted: 02/05/18 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I understand emotion, but Neighbors mouthed it and it was clearly seen by some Asian kids in the vicinity. I spoke to the guy afterwards and he was good humored about it saying that Neighbors should have mouthed "g**k" because he got the wrong ethnicity when he tried to slur him.

Those six or so years he spent in liberal, integrated Seattle must have been dreadful for him.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 02/05/18 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
I understand emotion, but Neighbors mouthed it and it was clearly seen by some Asian kids in the vicinity. I spoke to the guy afterwards and he was good humored about it saying that Neighbors should have mouthed "g**k" because he got the wrong ethnicity when he tried to slur him.

That's awful. I'm sorry that happened.

LitePal

PostPosted: 02/05/18 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pat, that happened in the second or so year of his tenure and I didn't even think about it again until the Gurriel incident in the WS last year.

Those kids did not deserve to see that.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 02/05/18 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:

Those six or so years he spent in liberal, integrated Seattle must have been dreadful for him.

He must be in Hog Heaven now.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: