RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Nunes Memo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 02/02/18 3:46 pm    ::: The Nunes Memo Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02/02/18 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee

PostPosted: 02/02/18 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm just trying to figure out what Nunes has been promised for this piece of Assholery. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 02/02/18 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I'm just trying to figure out what Nunes has been promised for this piece of Assholery. Rolling Eyes

Putin owns him?

PostPosted: 02/03/18 4:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

It is a great piece of assholery.

justintyme

PostPosted: 02/03/18 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Memo Doesn’t Vindicate Trump. It’s More Proof of Obstruction.

Quote:
Courts have repeatedly held that even when the government omitted the criminal history of the informant or the fact that the informant was paid, it didn’t matter unless the omitted information would have caused the judge not to sign the warrant.

The Nunes memo claims to show that the warrant was obtained unlawfully, but there is no way of knowing that without examining the extensive evidence submitted in conjunction with the warrant, which the memo does not do. Given that Mr. Steele was a former intelligence officer, not a flipper with an extensive criminal history, it will be hard to show that a judge would have believed he was lying if the source of his funding was included in the application.

Given how little substance there is to the Nunes memo, the Republicans made a misstep by pushing through its release in a partisan manner. The specter of an unreleased memo was more menacing than the thin allegations revealed in the memo itself, which are hotly disputed by congressional Democrats.

Quote:
In fact, Mr. Trump’s approval of the release of the memo and his comments that releasing it could make it easier for him to fire Mr. Rosenstein could help Robert Mueller, the special counsel, prove that Mr. Trump fired James B. Comey, then the F.B.I. director, with a “corrupt” intent — in other words, the intent to wrongfully impede the administration of justice — as the law requires.

After all, Mr. Trump is now aware that he is under investigation for obstruction, and he knows that Mr. Comey said that Mr. Trump wanted “loyalty” from him. Mr. Mueller could argue that the president’s comments that Mr. Rosenstein was not “loyal” and his desire to fire Mr. Rosenstein suggest Mr. Trump’s unlawful intent when he fired Mr. Comey.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: