2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/03/18 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
I see now that Barcoff posted this rumor 3 hours ago on his page, so it could be a high degree of made up... or most likely speculation.

I dont follow barcoff , not even sure who that is except the times when your ranting about him/her.

No, but I’m sure your source follows him, and notice how your source took down the story?

I don’t rant about Barcoff. He’s alright if you don’t take him too seriously, and he sure helps keep things interesting. I like anybody who is passionate about the WNBA and doesn’t feel the need to butt heads with me. I only “ranted” about somebody who tryed to steal his page url in an attempt to run him out of business... and failing miserably. Razz

Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: 02/03/18 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
You have to wonder if Izzy Harrison is pretty damn available at this point, though. The've just signed two players to play the 5, and assuming they don't give up the #1 they've got a shiny new young option coming in to play the 4 (presuably for at least 25-30 minutes a night). Depth is always nice in a post rotation, but that doesn't leave a lot of room for Harrison unless she convinces Bill she can play next to Wilson and starts taking minuts away from Bone/Swords.

Meanwhile, Hamby and Coffey better be working on their ability to play the 3. Or just not bother to unpack.

Chicago desperately needs a PF(Harrison & future 1st rd pk for #4 ?)

I would also package one of the PG's & bench players for a top 7 pick,or All-star caliber player.

LV is in great position to be the team of the future.

dtbtbtb

PostPosted: 02/03/18 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As good as this draft looks, the 2019 draft looks even better

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 02/03/18 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
You have to wonder if Izzy Harrison is pretty damn available at this point, though. The've just signed two players to play the 5, and assuming they don't give up the #1 they've got a shiny new young option coming in to play the 4 (presuably for at least 25-30 minutes a night). Depth is always nice in a post rotation, but that doesn't leave a lot of room for Harrison unless she convinces Bill she can play next to Wilson and starts taking minuts away from Bone/Swords.

Meanwhile, Hamby and Coffey better be working on their ability to play the 3. Or just not bother to unpack.

I would also package one of the PG's & bench players for a top 7 pick,or All-star caliber player.

No one is going to give a top 7 pick for Kelsey Plum and one of their bench players. She has little to no value, and there’s nothing that appealing on the bench. Trading for good players (that could turn into great ones) is never a bad idea, especially when you still have a whole bunch of riff-raff on your bench.

“There’s no guarantee Diamond will be there”. Is that really a bad thing? Landing Kelsey Mitchell and a quality wing would be a grand slam imo. You get a star in Mitchell. Then maybe you can squeeze a pick at the bottom of the first round from Plum and maybe another player, which is more realistic than expecting a pick in the first half of the draft. Players like Vivians, Nurse, Billings, etc would be there.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/03/18 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

No one is going to give a top 7 pick for Kelsey Plum and one of their bench players. She has little to no value, and there’s nothing that appealing on the bench. Trading for good players (that could turn into great ones) is never a bad idea, especially when you still have a whole bunch of riff-raff on your bench.

“There’s no guarantee Diamond will be there”. Is that really a bad thing? Landing Kelsey Mitchell and a quality wing would be a grand slam imo. You get a star in Mitchell. Then maybe you can squeeze a pick at the bottom of the first round from Plum and maybe another player, which is more realistic than expecting a pick in the first half of the draft. Players like Vivians, Nurse, Billings, etc would be there.

1.Seattle would probably give LV the #5 pick for Plum & Harrison...The storm could then trade Langhorne for a post/wing....then sign a post/wing.

2.Not a big fan of having a starting trio of Mitchell/Jefferson/McBride(small,defensively weak at pg,sg,and sf).However,Mitchell of the bench would be great...and with the addition of yonug,I can see Bill playing McBride exclusively at SG.

BTW...My “There’s no guarantee Diamond will be there” comment was in response to some people thinking that Bill might trade the #1,then draft DD with the 3rd/4th pk.

Last edited by zune69 on 02/04/18 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
LibFan25

PostPosted: 02/03/18 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
Shades wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Hearing Bill looking to trade #1 to Chicago for picks #3 & #4! This could get real! I actually like this! Bill wants Diamond

holy shit Shocked lol this is gettin crazy...he must see something we don't know about Aja Wilson. because if this does happen, and Wilson becomes a star, he's is gonna be murdered lol

Or maybe He's doing something alot of people in america aren't doing in which is paying attention to DD's play overseas.

he could be, i like Diamond's game. i love her speed in the open court she's deadly in transition.

He seems to be emphasizing defense in his acquisitions. Therefore Gabby makes more sense.

i am a Gabby fan, she would fit right in with Bill's philosophy, scheme, and personality. plus...the cherry on top she would be close to home.

Now this i do agree , Gabby could fit with Vegas . But , where ?

i think she can play the SF and PF position, i dont think she will start right away but she can be that energy player off the bench. Gabby is very competitive she won't back down from anybody and ofcourse that athleticism is elite

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/03/18 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Likes: People who contribute to the basketball knowledge & conversations here; People willing to put forward opinions & ideas; People who are civil to each other.

Dislikes: People who constantly take pot shots at other contributors, put misleading words in their mouths; negativity; arrogance.

PostPosted: 02/04/18 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/04/18 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would be surprising to see Storm take Brown, she and Peterson who they have are more gunners than PGs.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/05/18 1:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can anyone recall a draft where a player drafted in the top four was sixth in scoring and had the most turnovers on her college team in her senior year, and had made only one 3pt shot in her career?

I can recall a draft where a top four draftee was fourth on her team in scoring as a senior, but she was fourth in TO's and was an occasional career 3pt shooter at 33%.

I can also recall a draft where a top four draftee was third in scoring and had the most turnovers on her team as a senior, but she holds her school's career 3pt record at 46%.
calbearman76

PostPosted: 02/05/18 1:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The more I see Natalie Butler the more I believe she can make a WNBA team. I can see her moving up into the top of second round, or even the bottom of the first. Admittedly she isn't playing against top competition in the Atlantic 10, but she has enough size and skill to be a serviceable backup, and maybe even develop into a starter.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/05/18 1:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
The more I see Natalie Butler the more I believe she can make a WNBA team. I can see her moving up into the top of second round, or even the bottom of the first. Admittedly she isn't playing against top competition in the Atlantic 10, but she has enough size and skill to be a serviceable backup, and maybe even develop into a starter.

This is odd timing because McGrady just made a case that Gabby’s stats on a team filled with prolific scorers aren’t worthy enough for a top prospect. And now you’re saying the player that Gabby bumped from her spot at center and couldn’t find court time with UConn and subsequently left the team is worthy of a first round pick. Did she beast out in the off season to become greatly improved or is it mostly just the lesser competition? First round seems highly improbable to me. Did she show up in the AP two round mock draft? If not, she’s on nobody’s radar.... unless you contend they’re trying to keep her a secret so she got no mention.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/05/18 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm actually not saying that Gabby Williams will not or should not be picked among the top four. I'm just commenting that she's a very different kind of player who I find difficult to predict in the WNBA, and who has certainly drawn all sorts of hyped attention by the media and is probably the single most talked about player in this thread. And, I confess, I'm tired of announcers raving about her "athleticism" when all she does is grab a rebound or make a steal.

There have been other UConn players who stuffed many box score lines, who were hailed as great defenders, but who were not particularly good shooters: Ashley Battle, Kalana Green and Kelly Faris. None was quite the box score stuffer that Williams has been, but all were much better three-point shooters even though mediocre from that distance.

GlennMacGrady wrote:

I can recall a draft where a top four draftee was fourth on her team in scoring as a senior, but she was fourth in TO's and was an occasional career 3pt shooter at 33%.

I can also recall a draft where a top four draftee was third in scoring and had the most turnovers on her team as a senior, but she holds her school's career 3pt record at 46%.

Both these players were in the same draft. Can anyone identify them?
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/18 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I'm actually not saying that Gabby Williams will not or should not be picked among the top four. I'm just commenting that she's a very different kind of player who I find difficult to predict in the WNBA, and who has certainly drawn all sorts of hyped attention by the media and is probably the single most talked about player in this thread. And, I confess, I'm tired of announcers raving about her "athleticism" when all she does is grab a rebound or make a steal.

There have been other UConn players who stuffed many box score lines, who were hailed as great defenders, but who were not particularly good shooters: Ashley Battle, Kalana Green and Kelly Faris. None was quite the box score stuffer that Williams has been, but all were much better three-point shooters even though mediocre from that distance.

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Kristi Toliver & Maybe M Coleman ? #WildGuess

PostPosted: 02/05/18 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Williams will be an effective player with a team that needs what she does best on the basketball court. She will not have to be a Maya Moore clone to become a productive WNBA player. No matter where she is drafted be it the top four in the first round or bottom four in the first round. The team that drafts her must accept her for who she is and not try to transform her into a different type of player.

PostPosted: 02/05/18 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Williams will be an effective player with a team that needs what she does best on the basketball court. She will not have to be a Maya Moore clone to become a productive WNBA player. No matter where she is drafted be it the top four in the first round or bottom four in the first round. The team that drafts her must accept her for who she is and not try to transform her into a different type of player.

Heh, she’d definitely be on the feedback shooting machine if the Lynx draft her. She’s going to learn to shoot the three as well as Brunson.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/18 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Heh, she’d definitely be on the feedback shooting machine if the Lynx draft her. She’s going to learn to shoot the three as well as Brunson.

Im secretly become a fan of Gabby's . I think she would really excell on a team like Vegas . Her size though is most likely what turns bill away from drafting her. Chicago i think she will struggle to find minutes behind the 3's & 4's they have already .

PostPosted: 02/05/18 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BLfT0hoGCCU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/18 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BLfT0hoGCCU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I had high hopes for mavunga as a freshmen . I had her top 4 draft pick , since the transfer she just doesnt seem as aggressive .

PostPosted: 02/05/18 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Followed a hunch. Checked the stats. Hunch was correct. Asjha Jones and Sue Bird, 2002.

(now with spelling variations)
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 02/05/18 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Sue Bird & Asjha Jones?

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dammit you beat me to it Queenie! Where did you find the stats? I couldn’t get it to load on UConn’s website.

Last edited by PickledGinger on 02/05/18 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where do you guys think T. Scaife falls in this draft ? I think she's one of those players who will be around in this league for years , but people have seem to forget about her since her missing last season . This girl has game and id take her before Vivians , Nared , Nurse , ect....Anyone after #7 , id Take Scaife instead.

PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Where do you guys think T. Scaife falls in this draft ? I think she's one of those players who will be around in this league for years , but people have seem to forget about her since her missing last season . This girl has game and id take her before Vivians , Nared , Nurse , ect....Anyone after #7 , id Take Scaife instead.

She reminds me a lot of Matee Ajavon Confused

Shades

PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Okay, I’ll be looking for her at #6 on your final mock. Surprised

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 50 of 93

Jump to: