RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/01/18 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I think Gabby could eventually be a PG in the league.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=22291466&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Because of ? Her ability to pass ?

PostPosted: 02/01/18 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=22291630&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 02/01/18 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well Wilson will be one post player Williams will be able to guard in the pro’s.
awhom111

PostPosted: 02/01/18 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
The Summitt’s 2018 WNBA Mock Draft Big Board v. 1.0

https://summitthoops.com/2018/01/31/2018-wnba-mock-draft-big-board/2/

Weird choices aside, it is nice to see someone do a three round mock.

I didn’t even notice he did three rounds. Anybody can throw darts at a board. Hines-Allen, Goodwin, and Muldrow should all get 2nd round consideration. He’s got them all mid-round, so no early declarations wouldn’t even move them up a round.

No conceivable way Confroy gets drafted at #36 instead of Minnesota’s own. Not very intuitive, Megdal.

awhom111 wrote:
Only one international player drafted would be even more shocking than the time that Zandalasini went undrafted, although that ended up being useful for checking on whether some people understood the rules or not.

It’s a deep college draft, so I wouldn’t be shocked if only two were drafted. Maybe three.

awhom111 wrote:
It's also interesting to see someone do a mock assuming all early entry eligible players declare.

All? Just the lottery level players. There’s Collier, Cunningham (would love her at #12), Shepard (McCarville-like, but meh), and that Aussie PG at Syracuse. Future Big Ten player of the year Gustafson might be eligible, but not sure. She’d be another eye-opener.

That makes me wonder why those early entry players were chosen then.

The pretty solid return on third round picks last year will probably have GMs thinking that those picks have more value than usual. It's interesting that a deeper college draft happens in one of the deeper international draft too. There are at least four players who are better prospects than any international players in last year's draft.
Shades

PostPosted: 02/01/18 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gabby was the player of the game against South Carolina tonight

root_thing

PostPosted: 02/01/18 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
root_thing wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
root_thing wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
root_thing wrote:
I can't see Connecticut passing up Nurse for Atkins for any reason at all. I also think that NY would take Russell if she's there at #10.

I'm surprised at the love for Kaylee Jensen. She does have legit outside shooting ability for a big player, but she's out of shape and not nearly as competitive as a Courtney Paris or Danielle Adams.

I don’t think Connecticut has a real need for Nurse. Atkins either, really.

True, but I was just commenting because they're projected to be taken back to back. I understand some people like Atkins enough to put her in the first round, but I don't see any facet of her game that is better than Nurse other than pure speed. And given that Nurse played at UConn, it's an even stranger prediction.

I don't see Nurse getting by Conn either.

1. Miller likes 3 pt shooting
2. Versatility, Nurse can play some 3 and some 1 besides her actual position at the 2
3. I'm not sure how committed the Sun are to Bentley or Banham
4. UCONN, UCONN, UCONN

Maybe, but I’m not sure I would consider Nurse an upgrade over Bentley...

At All...Maybe over Banham Though.

So, you guys don't think Nurse is capable of shooting a lofty 38% FG and 27.8% 3Pt like Bentley? You like having a 5-7 player defending at SG better than one who is 6-0?

Last year was definetely an off year, but it’s not like she isn’t capable of shooting 44% from the field and 34% from 3 like she has before. Still, are you saying Nurse is for sure a better player than Bentley or will turn into one? I’m not as sure.

Not sure how you can even compare a college player to a WNBA player that has proven her abilities . Kia Nurse is making strides in the college game , let wait a bit before we start saying shes better than a professional.

Agreed. Nurse very well could turn out to be a better player, but we don’t know that yet. And I like Nurse, but I can’t go as far as to say that she’ll
Be an upgrade over someone like Bentley. Off yeah or not.

Not saying that Nurse is definitely better than Bentley. Just saying that the bar isn't set very high. Bentley has had two bad shooting years in a row -- not only one. And she's still only 5-7 being used mostly as a 2-guard. Besides, this whole conversation is off track. It started with my observation that the "Pro" mock draft had Atkins going to Connecticut before Nurse. My point had nothing to do with Bentley, nor did it have anything to do with whether or not CT needs Nurse or should draft her. It was just my opinion that I don't think the Sun would ever take Atkins before Nurse.

PostPosted: 02/01/18 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
root_thing wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
root_thing wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
root_thing wrote:
I can't see Connecticut passing up Nurse for Atkins for any reason at all. I also think that NY would take Russell if she's there at #10.

I'm surprised at the love for Kaylee Jensen. She does have legit outside shooting ability for a big player, but she's out of shape and not nearly as competitive as a Courtney Paris or Danielle Adams.

I don’t think Connecticut has a real need for Nurse. Atkins either, really.

True, but I was just commenting because they're projected to be taken back to back. I understand some people like Atkins enough to put her in the first round, but I don't see any facet of her game that is better than Nurse other than pure speed. And given that Nurse played at UConn, it's an even stranger prediction.

I don't see Nurse getting by Conn either.

1. Miller likes 3 pt shooting
2. Versatility, Nurse can play some 3 and some 1 besides her actual position at the 2
3. I'm not sure how committed the Sun are to Bentley or Banham
4. UCONN, UCONN, UCONN

Maybe, but I’m not sure I would consider Nurse an upgrade over Bentley...

At All...Maybe over Banham Though.

So, you guys don't think Nurse is capable of shooting a lofty 38% FG and 27.8% 3Pt like Bentley? You like having a 5-7 player defending at SG better than one who is 6-0?

Last year was definetely an off year, but it’s not like she isn’t capable of shooting 44% from the field and 34% from 3 like she has before. Still, are you saying Nurse is for sure a better player than Bentley or will turn into one? I’m not as sure.

Not sure how you can even compare a college player to a WNBA player that has proven her abilities . Kia Nurse is making strides in the college game , let wait a bit before we start saying shes better than a professional.

Agreed. Nurse very well could turn out to be a better player, but we don’t know that yet. And I like Nurse, but I can’t go as far as to say that she’ll
Be an upgrade over someone like Bentley. Off yeah or not.

Once C. Williams took Bentley's spot in the starting line up I got the feeling that her time in Conn might be slowly coming to an end. I'm not saying Nurse is a better player, but Nurse might be the better fit. Conn might prefer a shooter and defender over a more ball dominant type of player, but there is room for both. TBH I think Nurse threatens Banham more than Bentley, Bentley can slide behind J. Thomas at the 1 with Nurse coming in at the 2 spot, in fact bring them in together, Bentley and Nurse would make a pretty complimentary 2nd unit back-court.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/01/18 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Gabby was the player of the game against South Carolina tonight

Against very underwhelming opponent in south carolina. She did play well i will say , but i dont think this will change her draft status much. I pray for the team that makes her their point guard !

PostPosted: 02/02/18 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TCM, check your DMs.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/02/18 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Only the third player in Tennessee history to record 40 career double doubles.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/02/18 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hearing Bill looking to trade #1 to Chicago for picks #3 & #4! This could get real! I actually like this! Bill wants Diamond

PostPosted: 02/02/18 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Hearing Bill looking to trade #1 to Chicago for picks #3 & #4! This could get real! I actually like this! Bill wants Diamond

holy shit Shocked lol this is gettin crazy...he must see something we don't know about Aja Wilson. because if this does happen, and Wilson becomes a star, he's is gonna be murdered lol

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/02/18 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

holy shit Shocked lol this is gettin crazy...he must see something we don't know about Aja Wilson. because if this does happen, and Wilson becomes a star, he's is gonna be murdered lol

Or maybe He's doing something alot of people in america aren't doing in which is paying attention to DD's play overseas.

PostPosted: 02/02/18 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Which highly esteemed and credible Facebook page did you see this on?

LibFan25

PostPosted: 02/02/18 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Or maybe He's doing something alot of people in america aren't doing in which is paying attention to DD's play overseas.

he could be, i like Diamond's game. i love her speed in the open court she's deadly in transition.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/02/18 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

he could be, i like Diamond's game. i love her speed in the open court she's deadly in transition.

He seems to be emphasizing defense in his acquisitions. Therefore Gabby makes more sense.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/03/18 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see now that Barcoff posted this rumor 3 hours ago on his page, so it could be a high degree of made up... or most likely speculation.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 02/03/18 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

He seems to be emphasizing defense in his acquisitions. Therefore Gabby makes more sense.

i am a Gabby fan, she would fit right in with Bill's philosophy, scheme, and personality. plus...the cherry on top she would be close to home.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/03/18 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I see now that Barcoff posted this rumor 3 hours ago on his page, so it could be a high degree of made up... or most likely speculation.

I dont follow barcoff , not even sure who that is except the times when your ranting about him/her.

PostPosted: 02/03/18 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
Shades wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

i am a Gabby fan, she would fit right in with Bill's philosophy, scheme, and personality. plus...the cherry on top she would be close to home.

Now this i do agree , Gabby could fit with Vegas . But , where ?

PostPosted: 02/03/18 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bill should draft Wilson.Then package one of the PG's for a player,or top 7 draft pick.You don't trade a projected #1 option who's also a strong rebounder/defender for multiple role players,especially when you don't have a legit 1 option on your team.Mcbride is a 2nd/3rd option.Wilson will be a #1 option...There's no guarantee DD will be available at #3.Indiana will have the 2nd overrall pick...Bill trading down to get Gabby doesn't make sense when LV just signed T.Young...Would Bill draft Gabby if he acquired a top 5 pick? maybe...But not at the expense of A.Wilson.

Last edited by zune69 on 02/03/18 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/03/18 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You have to wonder if Izzy Harrison is pretty damn available at this point, though. The've just signed two players to play the 5, and assuming they don't give up the #1 they've got a shiny new young option coming in to play the 4 (presuably for at least 25-30 minutes a night). Depth is always nice in a post rotation, but that doesn't leave a lot of room for Harrison unless she convinces Bill she can play next to Wilson and starts taking minuts away from Bone/Swords.

Meanwhile, Hamby and Coffey better be working on their ability to play the 3. Or just not bother to unpack.

PostPosted: 02/03/18 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

I dont follow barcoff , not even sure who that is except the times when your ranting about him/her.

No, but I’m sure your source follows him, and notice how your source took down the story?

I don’t rant about Barcoff. He’s alright if you don’t take him too seriously, and he sure helps keep things interesting. I like anybody who is passionate about the WNBA and doesn’t feel the need to butt heads with me. I only “ranted” about somebody who tryed to steal his page url in an attempt to run him out of business... and failing miserably. Razz

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/03/18 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

No, but I’m sure your source follows him, and notice how your source took down the story?

I don’t rant about Barcoff. He’s alright if you don’t take him too seriously, and he sure helps keep things interesting. I like anybody who is passionate about the WNBA and doesn’t feel the need to butt heads with me. I only “ranted” about somebody who tryed to steal his page url in an attempt to run him out of business... and failing miserably. Razz

Lean to spell. If you're going to harass people and bully them, at least spell correctly

ucbart

PostPosted: 02/03/18 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Only the third player in Tennessee history to record 40 career double doubles.

I can’t believe Catch isn’t one of the players listed. I know her senior year was cut short by that ACL tear, but it’s still hard to believe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 49 of 93

Jump to: