RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NFL Superbowl Halftime Show
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/27/17 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
They need someone who connects with younger people.

Looks like they blew that.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/27/17 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TonyL222 wrote:
Seriously, I like Bruno Mars. He's got that James Brown/Prince vibe going.

It would be hard to think of a more insulting comment about James Brown. Or Prince for that matter.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/27/17 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The NFL wants to make sure they don't offend anyone. That's why the choices are either Geezers of Rock icons, or Pure Pop Schlock.

It must have been Schlock's turn. Either that or there are a lot of elevators in the stadium and they want to kill two birds with one stone.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/27/17 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
The NFL wants to make sure they don't offend anyone. That's why the choices are either Geezers of Rock icons, or Pure Pop Schlock.

Lady Gaga last year??

Justin will be fantastic, per usual. That's the type of performer that puts on a good show on the superbowl.

PostPosted: 09/27/17 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Lady Gaga last year??

Justin will be fantastic, per usual. That's the type of performer that puts on a good show on the superbowl.

He didn't last time he was there. He simulated sexual assault (with the woman getting most of the blame, of course).

PostPosted: 09/27/17 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Lady Gaga last year??

Lady Gaga put on a mild pure pop performance. Worthy of a Pepsi ad. No edge at all.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/02/18 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Justin Timberlake: My son 'will never play football'

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/22287850/justin-timberlake-says-son-never-play-football

Quote:
Timberlake and actress Jessica Biel are the parents of 2-year-old Silas. After jokingly offering to suit up himself Sunday as a wide receiver if the New England Patriots needed him, Timberlake was asked by a reporter if he would "support it if [Silas] wanted to run some routes and get in the NFL."

Timberlake responded: "Uh, he will never play football. No, no."

Just what the NFL wants to hear from their featured halftime performer during media day...

PostPosted: 02/02/18 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still enjoyed the 2016 show with Beyonce & Bruno Mars feat. Coldplay.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
mercfan3

PostPosted: 02/02/18 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I still enjoyed the 2016 show with Beyonce & Bruno Mars feat. Coldplay.

Beyonce and Bruno were great.

Coldplay....

PostPosted: 02/03/18 4:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If only his son’s father would never perform at another football halftime show.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/03/18 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Report: Justin Timberlake Will Feature Prince Hologram in Super Bowl LII Halftime Show

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/03/justin-timberlake-prince-hologram-super-bowl-lii-halftime

Quote:
the scoop is based on a Thursday night rehearsal so the plan could change

What did Prince think of such things?

https://sites.google.com/site/themusicinterviewarchive/prince/prince-1998-guitar-world-interview

Quote:
GW: With digital editing, it is now possible to create a situation where you could jam with any artist from the past. Would you ever consider doing something like that?

0{+> : Certainly not. That's the most demonic thing imaginable. Everything is as it is, and it should be. If I was meant to jam with Duke Ellington, we would have lived in the same age. That whole virtual reality thing... it really is demonic. And I am not a demon.

PostPosted: 02/05/18 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Orpheum Theater is looking really nice on the Tonight Show.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Report: Justin Timberlake Will Feature Prince Hologram in Super Bowl LII Halftime Show

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/03/justin-timberlake-prince-hologram-super-bowl-lii-halftime

Quote:
the scoop is based on a Thursday night rehearsal so the plan could change

What did Prince think of such things?

https://sites.google.com/site/themusicinterviewarchive/prince/prince-1998-guitar-world-interview

Quote:
GW: With digital editing, it is now possible to create a situation where you could jam with any artist from the past. Would you ever consider doing something like that?

0{+> : Certainly not. That's the most demonic thing imaginable. Everything is as it is, and it should be. If I was meant to jam with Duke Ellington, we would have lived in the same age. That whole virtual reality thing... it really is demonic. And I am not a demon.

Justin Timberlake was plain dull. Having one featured performer was stupid.

~rAf
StevenHW

PostPosted: 09/20/18 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like the group Maroon 5 will be the headlining performers at the Super Bowl Halftime Show. The next Super Bowl is scheduled for February 3, 2019 at the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta. Travis Scott and Cardi B is reported to make a scheduled guest appearance on the show.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/super-bowl/8475978/maroon-5-to-perform-2019-super-bowl-halftime-show

Meanwhile, some in Atlanta's hip-hop and rap community have been disappointed that they were not asked to perform.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/maroon-5s-super-bowl-halftime-show-gig-is-a-slap-in-the-face-to-hip-hop

https://uproxx.com/hiphop/super-bowl-liii-atlanta-rap-legends-halftime-show/

I'm guessing the Super Bowl Halftime Committee, the NFL, and their sponsors didn't want to risk any controversial moments if they had selected a hip-hop/R&B/rap artist to be the headliner. An example was during the Super Bowl 50 halftime show when Beyoncé's dance routine (and her backup dancers) seemed to take sides with the Black Lives Matter movement and the Black Panther Party.

PostPosted: 09/21/18 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maroon 5 is one of the worst choices ever in the history of the Super Bowl. I do know a lot of people were campaigning for Cher. She would have been awesome and iconic.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/21/18 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Absolutely terrible choice.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
justintyme

PostPosted: 09/21/18 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Awful. And I say that as someone who considers Maroon 5 a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine.

But seriously, if Levine wasn't on The Voice, would this even be considered? And just to ignore the strong hip-hop culture of Atlanta?

PostPosted: 09/21/18 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At first I thought NBC must be broadcasting the Super Bowl because Levine is on their biggest show The Voice, but I’m surprised to see that CBS is actually broadcasting this Super Bowl.

I’ve never been a fan of Maroon 5, but their latest song is a catchy dance groove that I kinda dig.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan

PostPosted: 09/21/18 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In August 2018, the band was ranked 37th and 11th on Billboard Hot 100 60th Anniversary Greatest of All Time—Hot 100 and on Billboard's "The Top 60 Duos/Groups Of All Time" respectively

To me, the Super Bowl halftime show is a non-event. There is lip syncing galore, feels rushed, and you have this fraudience of young people that are brought in to go wild, which never gets questioned. I would love to hear an announcer say "Who the f___ are all these people down on the field cheering?"

Howee

PostPosted: 09/24/18 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I personally think The Superbowl should be outlawed and banned--it's the Season Finale of the #1 institution of American Excess Male Bastion of (Almost) Everything Wrong About Sports and American Values.Com.

Things I'd rather watch:

1. The Fijian Badminton Championships
2. A Mandarin translation of "Are You Being Served?"
3. "Iron Chef" for blind amputees
4. A UConn conference game
5. Paula Deen making a shit pie

There's MY 2 cents....keep the change. Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: