RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Las Vegas Aces 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LibFan25

PostPosted: 02/02/18 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lol this guy Bill is a monster man, it would not surprise me if he traded that #1 pick now

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/02/18 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bill trying to work his magic with sky at the moment. Picks 3 & 4 seem very valuable to him vs pick #1! Shocked

PostPosted: 02/03/18 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Bill trying to work his magic with sky at the moment. Picks 3 & 4 seem very valuable to him vs pick #1! Shocked

If I'm Chicago I jump on that. Breland leaving opens up a perfect spot in the starting line up for Wilson with the Sky.

I know some people are discussing does he like Deshields or Williams in the mock thread, but how about both. (Of course if it is Mitchell and one of the Deshields or Williams it makes a Plum or Jefferson trade easier.)

Jefferson/Plum
McBride/Deshields
Young/G. Williams/Burdick
Harrison/Dos Santos
Bone/Swords

and #13, Hamby or Coffey

I still see one (or both) of Jefferson and/or Plum going as well.

I'm not sure I might just keep Wilson

Jefferson/Plum
McBride/Colson
Young/Burdick
Wilson/Harrison/Dos Santos
Bone/Swords

and #13, Hamby or Coffey

root_thing

PostPosted: 02/03/18 2:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Wilson is going to be much better than Harrison, so I'm surprised Bill would be so quick to trade her. A compromise solution would be to keep Wilson and trade Harrison. You might be able to get #3 or #4 for Harrison. This assumes no one comes out early. Now, if Laimbeer is rolling the dice on a post player possibly leaving early, then it's a different story. The smart thing for Chicago to do is wait and see what happens with early entrants before dealing those picks.

PostPosted: 02/03/18 2:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While Wilson has a lot of upside, after watching her against UConn where she couldn't buy a basket for long periods of time, I'm not as comfortable with naming her the next best thing since Stewie. She has tremendous talent and physical tools but there is still a lot of work to be done. I mean some of those shots were pretty wide open and close to the basket.

So if in fact Bill is trying for #3 and #4 I think that bespeaks to trying to improve the wing position which is pretty damn weak if T. Young is his starting SF.

And looking at their roster there is still a lot of mid-size rif raf to cut or trade.

btw: I'm looking forward to hearing some cryptic messages from AFO himself Wink

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 02/03/18 3:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
While Wilson has a lot of upside, after watching her against UConn where she couldn't buy a basket for long periods of time

Geno has a way of shutting down the opposing team’s best player, so if the team’s not balanced it can be problematic for them. Wilson may have had an unusually poor shooting night against UConn, but she did manage to secure 16 reb and 6 blocks.... against UConn.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/03/18 3:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
While Wilson has a lot of upside, after watching her against UConn where she couldn't buy a basket for long periods of time

Geno has a way of shutting down the opposing team’s best player, so if the team’s not balanced it can be problematic for them. Wilson may have had an unusually poor shooting night against UConn, but she did manage to secure 16 reb and 6 blocks.... against UConn.

agree with this...but that's why the wide open shots were most troubling. I understand when she's double or triple teams, but not open layups.

- Amanda Gorman
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/03/18 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nah she just got a lot of calls from the refs, I think Bill is smart, he knows she is not 6' 5" and will not get those calls in the W Laughing

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/03/18 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think she's a legit 6'5" - probably closer to legit than 90% of college kids and their height listing.

- Amanda Gorman
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 02/04/18 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see Bill trading out of that number one pick without a go-to post player to run the type of offense he prefers to run. If there's no surprise player in that 3/4 area, he's going to pick Wilson. The addition of Bone clearly helps in that endeavor, but Bone has not historically dealt with hard double-teams very well. The addition of Swords gives you a rebounder who knows your system and defends the rim. Acquiring Wilson gives you more of a go-to offensive player and allows you to trade Harrison, who doesn't really fit your desired physical style of play anyway.

Acquiring Young gives you a strong, physical defender at the 3 spot, and allows you to probably keep McBride locked in at the 2 spot.

In turn, you now have one of Plum or Jefferson as trade bait and possibly Harrison too. Now all of a sudden, Bone, McBride and Wilson should all provide double-digit scoring, with whomever you keep out of Plum or MoJeff capable of doing the same or close. Looks like a team with scoring, defense and rebounding to me.

PostPosted: 02/04/18 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Harrison will be fine as the 4th post. Unless he can come up with something better, not sure why he'd be trading her. The main problem I see with both her and Wilson at the 4 spot is that neither have an outside shot. As long as he can load up gunners at the three wing spots that should be ok. If he plays T. Young much then he needs a 4 that can shoot the long ball to balance it out.

- Amanda Gorman
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 02/04/18 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I think Harrison will be fine as the 4th post. Unless he can come up with something better, not sure why he'd be trading her. The main problem I see with both her and Wilson at the 4 spot is that neither have an outside shot. As long as he can load up gunners at the three wing spots that should be ok. If he plays T. Young much then he needs a 4 that can shoot the long ball to balance it out.

Agree about Harrison as a fourth post. My thought was she’s probably got more value than that. Maybe you can fill another position (like SF) where you need more help.

PostPosted: 02/04/18 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im still not sold with a team being successful with T. Young as their starting SF. Why Not Sign Cappie?

Jefferson
Cappie
Mcbride
Wilson
Bone

Bench
Plum
Harrison
Holmes
Young
Hamby
Swords

PostPosted: 02/04/18 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Im still not sold with a team being successful with T. Young as their starting SF. Why Not Sign Cappie?

Jefferson
Cappie
McBride
Wilson
Bone

I’m pretty sure Laimbeer doesn’t want to go all small on the perimeter. He’s also the one that traded away Cappie while at NYL.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/04/18 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see Cappie end up in Minnesota.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
tfan

PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
If he plays T. Young much then he needs a 4 that can shoot the long ball to balance it out.

Tamera Young was 25 - 73 from 3 in 2017 (34.2%).

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
myrtle wrote:
If he plays T. Young much then he needs a 4 that can shoot the long ball to balance it out.

Tamera Young was 25 - 73 from 3 in 2017 (34.2%).

I would not count on being successful with T.Young shooting 3's . Although i must give her credit as she has improved . I still would not make that her 1st priority .

PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Im still not sold with a team being successful with T. Young as their starting SF.

She's 31 this season, but Chicago went to the finals in 2014 with Tamera Young as their starting SF.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Im still not sold with a team being successful with T. Young as their starting SF.

She's 31 this season, but Chicago went to the finals in 2014 with Tamera Young as their starting SF.

AND , you saw how that ended for the sky right ? Laughing
And to be fair , she started only to guard Diana , but most of the minutes that series went to Allie Quigley not T.Young.

Slooty
Piph
Quig
EDD
Syl

PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

And to be fair , she started only to guard Diana , but most of the minutes that series went to Allie Quigley not T.Young.

Sounds like they made a mistake not giving more minutes to Tamera Young in the finals. She averaged 29.8 per game in the nine Sky games of the 2014 playoffs (27.6 during the year).

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/18 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Sounds like they made a mistake not giving more minutes to Tamera Young in the finals. She averaged 29.8 per game in the nine Sky games of the 2014 playoffs (27.6 during the year).

They made a mistake ???? Shocked Shocked Shocked Good luck to you & Your team my friend !

PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:

http://aces.wnba.com/news/aces-history-feeling-a-draft-1997/

http://aces.wnba.com/news/aces-history-feeling-a-draft-1998/

Find the typos!!!

mb1

PostPosted: 02/06/18 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This Phoenix Mercury season ticket holder just became a Las Vegas Aces season ticket holder as well.

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
Shades

PostPosted: 02/07/18 1:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan

PostPosted: 02/07/18 1:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

They made a mistake ???? Shocked Shocked Shocked Good luck to you & Your team my friend !

They couldn't have done worse in terms of "games won in Finals" with Young playing more minutes.

While I was rooting hardest for the Stars last year, the Aces aren't my team this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 15 of 30

Jump to: