RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBL (Australia) 2017/18 Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/19/18 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Just watched the 4th quarter of the game. Definitely exciting, great crowd! The Fire should have won if not for Cambage. I'd say the Fire have the edge in game 3.

Excited to say this for my wings too right Toad ? Laughing

PostPosted: 01/19/18 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Grand Final Game 1

Was not a pretty game, which is not unusual for the finals (or as we call them, the Grand Finals).

Well, if we can have a World Series involving only North American teams, I suppose we'll allow you to have a Finals that is Grand.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/20/18 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was a great game , i watched Liz specifically the entire game . Batkovic got under her skin the 1st half , but i love the aggressiveness she played with in the 4th QTR thats the liz i want to see in dallas. I see she still throws cheap shots though , live with the good and bad i guess .

PostPosted: 01/21/18 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Grand Final Game 3

Suzy Batkovic got her team off to a good start today and her team never looked back. Townsville again crowded Cambage at every opportunity and dared someone else to step up and beat them. Melbourne's response was to shoot 4/34 from the perimeter and sink like a big ol' bag of bricks.
Townsville won their 3rd title in 4 seasons, with Suzy an easy choice for Finals MVP.

Townsville 70 (Batkovic 28p 13r 3a, Mincy 11p 3r, Wilson 9p 5r 3a, George 6p 13r 3a, Murray 6p 5r, Garbin 5p 4r, Wiese 3p)
Melbourne 57 (Cambage 18p 9r 2b, Smart 14p 8r 3s, Garrick 9p 6r, O'Hea 7p 6r 6a 2s, Tomlinson 5p, Purcell 4p 8r)
Boxscore

PostPosted: 01/21/18 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's see how many players end up signing elsewhere now that the season is done for everyone. So far it looks like Laia Palau and Ruth Hamblin have signed with Bourges and Alice Kunek also went to France and signed with Tarbes.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/21/18 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Video of Game 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU3HpZb9RV4

PostPosted: 01/22/18 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Video of Game 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU3HpZb9RV4

Luuuc, Thanks for your coverage over the entire season.

awhom111

PostPosted: 01/27/18 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With all the big news about another signing, Nat Hurst slipped under the radar and joined Gorzow in Poland.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/27/18 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
With all the big news about another signing, Nat Hurst slipped under the radar and joined Gorzow in Poland.

Yep, and Alice Kunek & Ruth Hamblin are both currently playing temporary injury replacement roles in France. At one point I heard that Abby Bishop was off to Europe as well but maybe that fell through because she still seems to be in Australia.

PostPosted: 01/28/18 12:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's presumably a bit more complicated for some of the Aussies this year because of the Commonwealth Games. They can't commit through the end of many of the European seasons if they're hoping to be on the Gold Coast in April.

PostPosted: 01/28/18 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The one and only Natalie Burton signed with Herner in Germany. That's interesting in the sense that I was under the impression that the pay there is not much more than for the non-national Australian leagues.

I'm not sure if it's a mistake or not since she just got there, but she's listed with UK citizenship on the league website, which would be interesting if true.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/28/18 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't FIBA make it so that once you actually represent a country internationally that has to count as your nationality, regardess of what other passport you might also hold? Burton's definitely played once or twice for Australia; I remember the complaining. Wink

PostPosted: 01/29/18 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Didn't FIBA make it so that once you actually represent a country internationally that has to count as your nationality, regardess of what other passport you might also hold? Burton's definitely played once or twice for Australia; I remember the complaining. Wink

Yes, but in the alternate timeline, you would be the one doing the complaining and not our Australian contingent. It would be good news for Eilidh Simpson at least.

It would be funny if she suited up for a non-FIBA event, like England in the Commonwealth Games, beat Australia, and then threw it back at the haters.

I should probably learn the German foreign player rules to see if it's beneficial to have an EU passport. Clearly it's not the 6 German, 6 non-German rules that the men's league has.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/29/18 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the record, I'm not a Nat Burton hater. I'm a Perth Lynx fan and I cheer for her every game.
As an Opals fan, it is Brendan Joyce that my hate is/was directed at.
Just thought I'd clear that up Wink
Go get 'em, Nat!

PostPosted: 02/03/18 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
awhom111 wrote:

Yep, and Alice Kunek & Ruth Hamblin are both currently playing temporary injury replacement roles in France. At one point I heard that Abby Bishop was off to Europe as well but maybe that fell through because she still seems to be in Australia.

Bishop popped up at Dynamo Novosibirsk in Russia.

Suzy Batkovic showed up at just the right time for Lattes Montpellier as they got a great win in France with her carrying over her WNBL form.

Jen Hamson signed with Lulea in Sweden.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/03/18 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
awhom111 wrote:

Bishop popped up at Dynamo Novosibirsk in Russia.

Suzy Batkovic showed up at just the right time for Lattes Montpellier as they got a great win in France with her carrying over her WNBL form.

Jen Hamson signed with Lulea in Sweden.

If I'm understanding the twitter translation correctly, Suzy had 40 points & 16 boards in a double-OT win. Surprised Nice debut.

PostPosted: 03/10/18 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carley Mijovic joined Sepsi Sfantu Gheorghe in Romania, which is kinda crazy unless she just wanted to play in Europe at all costs.

Mistie Bass signed with Hoops Club in Lebanon for the playoffs.
awhom111

PostPosted: 03/11/18 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Courtney Williams joins Adana in Turkey, which should just about get the away from relegation (next week's game is the big one).
awhom111

PostPosted: 03/27/18 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All the focus is on young players right now with Ezi staying home, but it's all old players in the Adelaide local league.

Jo Hill un-retired again (why does anyone believe her at this point?) so I guess she will still be playing when she turns 45.

Jess Foley also returned to the court.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: