RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Women's Final Four finalist bid cities in 2021-24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenHW

PostPosted: 01/26/18 3:20 pm    ::: Women's Final Four finalist bid cities in 2021-24 Reply Reply with quote

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-women/article/2018-01-18/cleveland-dallas-among-womens-final-four-finalist-bid?cid=ncaawbkbsocial_tw_sf179561050&sf179561050=1

Quote:
The NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Committee identified eight cities that will be under consideration to host during the four-year period. Those cities include Cleveland, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Missouri; Minneapolis, Nashville and San Antonio.

Once again, the West Coast gets the shaft, at least in the Women's Final Four! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 01/26/18 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do we know which west coast cities submitted applications?

pilight

PostPosted: 01/26/18 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Considering the west coast teams have a hard time drawing in their own arenas, it's not surprising the NCAA wants to stay away.

PostPosted: 01/26/18 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The absolute #1 location for the Final Four would be Las Vegas. Of course the NCAA doesn't allow it because of gambling (oh no), but I am quite sure that most NCAA women's basketball fans, NCAA women's basketball players and readers on this forum are far more offended by Texas' laws regarding abortion, yet 3 of the 8 cities are from the Lone Star State.

Las Vegas would provide the most affordable hotels, best entertainment and best all around atmosphere for the Final Four. It already hosts the Mountain West, Western Athletic Conference and West Coast Conference men's and women's basketball tournaments as well as the Pac 12 men's tournament. It is a pipe dream I know because the NCAA rarely makes good decisions about the sport, but this one should be a no-brainer. There might even be some school administrators who wouldn't even think of going to a women's final four in Minneapolis or Kansas City who might all of a sudden want to check out the sport.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/26/18 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd settle for something on the Eastern Seaboard.

PostPosted: 01/27/18 12:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Both coasts got the shaft.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: