Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 12/19/17 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight

PostPosted: 01/11/18 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Former NBA Player, Chicago Native Returns Home For Coaching Role With WNBA’s Chicago Sky

http://sky.wnba.com/news/chicago-sky-name-awvee-storey-assistant-coach/

Quote:
The Chicago Sky have hired former NBA player and Chicago native Awvee Storey as an assistant coach

PostPosted: 01/19/18 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coates is officially signing with the Sky. As expected.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/19/18 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:

Of course we all expected that. But it's more fun to spin out speculative scenarios where she doesn't.

PostPosted: 01/19/18 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Of course we all expected that. But it's more fun to spin out speculative scenarios where she doesn't.

Wont believe until she can show the john hancock on paper . Everyone is being skeptical about every player this offseason especially my Liz so i dont believe this neither . Laughing

PostPosted: 01/19/18 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Isn't she supposed to keep it confidential until they announce it?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/19/18 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Wont believe until she can show the john hancock on paper . Everyone is being skeptical about every player this offseason especially my Liz so i dont believe this neither . Laughing

No one's being skeptical with anyone but the person who has a prior history of teasing about showing. Sorry it hurts your tender sensibilities.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/19/18 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

No one's being skeptical with anyone but the person who has a prior history of teasing about showing. Sorry it hurts your tender sensibilities.

I think alot of people have been skeptical about Alaina since the pedal party ,what are you talking about ? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 01/19/18 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

welcome to the bench, rookie.

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 01/19/18 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

I think alot of people have been skeptical about Alaina since the pedal party ,what are you talking about ? Rolling Eyes

People here have gone on about Cambage being a no-show for years and during that time the following have been no-shows - Taurasi, Angel, Wright, Parker, McCarville, Fowles, Bone, Shoni as well as a number players who became pregnant. Might just be karma kicking some ass. Wonder who this year's no-shows will be? (Dream already have 1.)

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/19/18 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

People here have gone on about Cambage being a no-show for years and during that time the following have been no-shows - Taurasi, Angel, Wright, Parker, McCarville, Fowles, Bone, Shoni as well as a number players who became pregnant. Might just be karma kicking some ass. Wonder who this year's no-shows will be? (Dream already have 1.)

It's not that she did not show up as much as how she teased the team repeatedly that she WOULD show up and then didn't. I don't know why this is so difficult to understand. As for Coates, the only place I have ever heard people doubt she would come to the team this year is right here, where people love to throw out thought exercises. I sat in Chicago and heard Amber Stocks tell the fans that Alaina Coates was a part of that team going forward so I never thought otherwise.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/19/18 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Randy wrote:

It's not that she did not show up as much as how she teased the team repeatedly that she WOULD show up and then didn't. I don't know why this is so difficult to understand. As for Coates, the only place I have ever heard people doubt she would come to the team this year is right here, where people love to throw out thought exercises. I sat in Chicago and heard Amber Stocks tell the fans that Alaina Coates was a part of that team going forward so I never thought otherwise.

And guess who the only people yapping about Cambage not really coming for sure this time ? The people here so whats your point ?

PostPosted: 01/19/18 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Randy wrote:

And guess who the only people yapping about Cambage not really coming for sure this time ? The people here so whats your point ?

I’m going to disagree here. I’ve heard the talk about her not coming or coming on twitter for quite a while

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/19/18 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Randy wrote:

I’m going to disagree here. I’ve heard the talk about her not coming or coming on twitter for quite a while

But you choose to accept that and then when the player states she will come you still choose to not accept it ? Sounds personal and not on liz's end . Shes coming to play for my team thats all that matters here in dallas , but glad she's bringing attention . Positive & negative , lets see how people feel on opening night !

PostPosted: 01/19/18 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Randy wrote:

But you choose to accept that and then when the player states she will come you still choose to not accept it ? Sounds personal and not on liz's end . Shes coming to play for my team thats all that matters here in dallas , but glad she's bringing attention . Positive & negative , lets see how people feel on opening night !

When did I say I didn’t believe she was coming? I just answered the part that said only people here were talking about it .

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/19/18 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Pretty sure we can all see who's taking it personally. Rolling Eyes

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/20/18 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

I was referring to nerd DT sorry and yes im taking it personal because shes apart of our team and our legacy. If we win a title they will say she was the difference in which i know she can be. The excitement is hard to maintain when people are consistently dashing your future hopes. Im a WFFL and i will defend our players 💯

PostPosted: 01/20/18 1:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just love the the discussion of Ms. Big Foot Cambage on the Chicago Sky 2018 thread. This is the poster child for being Missing In Action. This woman has been lost for so long that the great Sherlock Holmes has not been able to find her. We need to send a rescue party to the Bermuda triangle. I believe Cambage heard there was a hot party going on in the Caribbean islands and she took the first flight there!
Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Rock Hard on 01/20/18 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 01/20/18 1:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Cambage middle name AWOL? Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 01/20/18 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

I was referring to nerd DT sorry and yes im taking it personal because shes apart of our team and our legacy. If we win a title they will say she was the difference in which i know she can be. The excitement is hard to maintain when people are consistently dashing your future hopes. Im a WFFL and i will defend our players 💯

You mean like Shades constantly ragging on Curt Miller? Yeah, I know what you're talking about.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/20/18 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Then stop accusing me of some sort of personal vendetta. I am not the first one to point out Cambage's issues but now that she is important to you you want to shut down the conversation. I have actual history to explain my position but we will stop saying it when she shows up.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/26/18 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Offseason Primer: Chicago Sky

https://summitthoops.com/2018/01/25/wnba-offseason-primer-chicago-sky/

Unrestricted free agents (UFAs): F Jessica Breland, G Cappie Pondexter

Restricted free agents (RFAs): F/C Stefanie Dolson, F Jordan Hooper, F Amber Harris

Reserved players: F/C Adut Bulgak, F Bashaara Graves

Core player: G Allie Quigley

Players under contract:
G Courtney Vandersloot through 2018
G Kahleah Copper through 2019 (team option)
F Cheyenne Parker through 2018
G Makayla Epps through 2020 (team option)
F/C Alaina Coates (contract details unknown — 2017 2nd overall pick missed 2017 season recovering from ankle surgery)
G Jamierra Faulkner (contract details unknown — suffered torn ACL last spring, missed 2017 season, last played for CHI in 2016)

2018 draft picks: No. 3, No. 4 (via Atlanta), No. 27

Quote:
Making a strong push to retain Pondexter could indicate that they’re leaning more towards using both picks on wings/forwards.

Quote:
If Chicago is able to lock Breland up (The Summitt’s No. 5 UFA), I’d take wings with both of those picks. Kahleah Copper is set to return on the wing for the Sky, so using one of those picks on a guard would make sense as well.

Players to possibly target in free agency:
Alex Montgomery UFA
Shenise Johnson UFA
Kia Vaughn UFA
Carolyn Swords UFA
Bria Hartley RFA
Natasha Howard RFA
Cayla George RSD
Damiris Dantas RSD
Erica Wheeler RSD

I’m not sure why they’re confused with Faulkner and Coates’ contract details.

I guess they do have room for free agents if they want to try to upgrade their role players.

In my opinion....
Bubbles:
Adut Bulgak
Amber Harris
Jordan Hooper
Cappie Pondexter
Gone:
Mikayla Epps
Bashaara Graves

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 02/02/18 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky have a new jersey sponsor. UChicago medicine.

PostPosted: 02/02/18 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quigley has re-signed. Assuming Dolson has as well.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/04/18 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky officially announce move to Wintrust Arena.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/chicago-sky-officially-announce-move-to-wintrust-arena-472523733.html

Quote:
The arena, built near McCormick Place and currently home to DePaul’s men’s and women’s basketball teams, will host all 17 home games for the Sky this season as they move from Rosemont’s Allstate Arena.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: