RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Megyn Kelly Eviscerates Jane Fonda

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 01/22/18 12:54 pm    ::: Megyn Kelly Eviscerates Jane Fonda Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FB64ez0kf1c" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/FB64ez0kf1c

PostPosted: 01/22/18 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have long been a fan of Jane Fonda and have rarely liked Megyn Kelly, but on this issue Kelly is 100% right. Fonda interjected herself into politics (sometimes in rather inappropriate ways) and used the microphone she had to address issues others didn't want to hear. Now here she is taken aback because she is trying to promote her latest project and Megyn Kelly dares to ask her a question which Fonda finds inappropriate. And three months later she is still complaining about it in every forum she gets. Good on Kelly for calling her out. Enough is enough. Jane, let it go. Megyn Kelly was doing her job and your jabs make you look petty and unimportant.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/22/18 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmm... seems like the petty one is the one digging up dirt up from decades ago in attempt to shame that person.

Kelly was fairly unknown (at least to me) before her public battle with Trump. She seems to have become rich and famous as a result. Maybe she wants that to become her thing.

Was Fonda overly sensitive about the question? It's up to her to decide how sensitive she should be. It's one thing if you bring the subject up yourself. It's another to be asked about it and be put on the spot. Maybe she's not in a place right now to talk about it. Her choice, respect it.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/22/18 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Kelly was fairly unknown (at least to me) before her public battle with Trump. She seems to have become rich and famous as a result.

You sort of have this backwards. Before Kelly's smarmy performance in the first Republican debate, she had the second highest rated show on "cable news" TV, slightly behind Bill O'Reilly's show. After the Trump affair her ratings on Fox went down because Trump fans literally turned her off, and she ultimately quit, accepting less money from NBC than what Fox was offering her. Her two NBC shows have not been successful. The Sunday interview show is cancelled or in abeyance, and her morning show doesn't have good ratings.

She has become less rich and much less famous since Trump.

That said, I agree completely with her pushback against the amazingly well-preserved but airheaded Fonda.
Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 01/23/18 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it would have been great if Megyn Kelly addressed her as Hanoi Jane.

tfan

PostPosted: 01/24/18 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Shades wrote:

Kelly was fairly unknown (at least to me) before her public battle with Trump. She seems to have become rich and famous as a result.

You sort of have this backward. Before Kelly's smarmy performance in the first Republican debate, she had the second highest rated show on "cable news" TV, slightly behind Bill O'Reilly's show. After the Trump affair, her ratings on Fox went down because Trump fans literally turned her off, and she ultimately quit, accepting less money from NBC than what Fox was offering her.

Shame on Kelly for asking Trump about his past comments about specific women (as opposed to "against women"). Whether Trump cost her money would depend on whether Fox offered her less in her contract renewal than they would have before the debates. What I think the "Trump affair" did was make her more well known. Without it, NBC might not have been as open to hiring her and as generous in their payment.

Kelly is said to have wanted to work in the daytime due to her kids. I can't remember for sure if Fox was open to that idea or not, but I don't think they were.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/24/18 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Shame on Kelly for asking Trump about his past comments about specific women (as opposed to "against women").

Really. Her little Fox groupies change their minds like the wind, in that vein.

Ms. Kelly is an unmitigated c __ __ t. She *thinks* her sass and verve is Hot Stuff, but she's a self-serving Media Ho. Yes, her Trump escapades vaulted her into a bigger limelight: before that, she's just another blond airhead on Fox. Now, she's a blond airhead on Real TV.

That said, I think it's a bit sad that our cultural milieu presses women into surgeries to maintain their youthful appearance, a la Jane (AND Megyn, and 80% of female celebrities). The only thing sadder is when they feel somehow validated by antagonizing each other over that topic.

"Hanoi Jane" was a Right-On woman: think about how much more apropos her actions would have been considered, had the Pentagon Papers been public knowledge then. America WAS wrong. At least people remember her more than, say, the Pentagon Papers. Glam draws attention. Sad, but true.

PostPosted: 01/24/18 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
"Hanoi Jane" was a Right-On woman: think about how much more apropos her actions would have been considered, had the Pentagon Papers been public knowledge then. America WAS wrong. At least people remember her more than, say, the Pentagon Papers. Glam draws attention. Sad, but true.

Fonda's visit to Hanoi came more than a year after the Pentagon Papers became public.

Fonda went too far, as even she acknowledges. She went beyond protesting the war and into aiding and abetting the enemy.

PostPosted: 01/24/18 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:

Fonda's visit to Hanoi came more than a year after the Pentagon Papers became public.

Fonda went too far, as even she acknowledges. She went beyond protesting the war and into aiding and abetting the enemy.

Indeed. I was thinking she was there before the release. And I know she's acknowledged regret, but I don't agree that she was aiding and abetting "the enemy", merely on the basis of how one defines "the enemy": American Government's role and coverup/lies, compounded by the deaths of so many American (and other) lives would make our country "the enemy" in that historical setting, imo.

PostPosted: 01/25/18 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is ironic that the Americans who supported the war have more of a grudge against Jane Fonda than Ho Chi Minh.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/25/18 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:

Indeed. I was thinking she was there before the release. And I know she's acknowledged regret, but I don't agree that she was aiding and abetting "the enemy", merely on the basis of how one defines "the enemy": American Government's role and coverup/lies, compounded by the deaths of so many American (and other) lives would make our country "the enemy" in that historical setting, imo.

The enemy meaning the commies who invaded South Vietnam. You know, the ones the US was fighting against. The ones who slaughtered civilians by the thousands at Dak Son and Hue and other towns in their own territory. The ones who committed genocide against the Montagnards.

PostPosted: 01/25/18 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:

The enemy meaning the commies who invaded South Vietnam. You know, the ones the US was fighting against. The ones who slaughtered civilians by the thousands at Dak Son and Hue and other towns in their own territory. The ones who committed genocide against the Montagnards.

I have no interest in relitigating the Viet Nam War. On the issue of Megyn Kelly, I saw her as another Fox airhead for quite awhile, but I first distinguished her from the rest on Election Night 2012. She showed actual journalistic integrity that night standing up to Carl Rove and reporting facts against Fox spin. From that point forward when I saw her (which wasn't that often because I rarely watch Fox) she seemed less biased than the other talking heads there. By 2015 she was the second most well known person on Fox, only behind Bill O'Reilly, even before the issues with Trump. That is why she was selected to host the debate.

To me Kelly's questioning of Fonda was reasonable and on point for the interview. Jane Fonda has been in the industry long enough that she should know how to handle questions like that. It seems there was no preplanning of the interview which could have averted the awkwardness, and I don't know if either side is to blame for that. But I do think it was wrong for Fonda to repeatedly bash Kelly afterwards.

I would rather Fonda channel her inner Bree from Klute than her inner Monster-in-Law.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/26/18 1:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:

Or....were the 'enemies' the Americans who first 'created' the country of South Vietnam, propping up the Diem government, then turned around and undermined the Diem rule; when he was assassinated, Oops!, *We* must move in to take control. A la The Economic Hitmen Concept

Were the Dak Son and Hue victims any more sacred than the ones at Mei Lei, or the thousands of other civilian casualties at American Hands? Were they worth any more or less than the American soldiers who died in a land we should have never been in?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: