RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

AP Poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/22/18 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And for Pilight, Mercer 2 votes

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/22/18 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
So Car didn't have Wilson though.

I still think the LV's would have won . So Car has not impressed me at all this season . Its pretty much been the Aja show , UCONN will demolish them im sad to say .

PostPosted: 01/22/18 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:

2 votes or 2 pts? If it's 2 pts, it's most likely the same voter as last week but he upgraded them to #24 in the country.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 01/22/18 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duke now at #18, despite losing to three unranked teams. Yes, they beat #17 Oregon State and #12 Ohio State, but both those teams are also overranked.

calbearman76 wrote:
New AP poll

Lots of shake up in top 10

UConn
Miss St
Baylor
Louisville
Notre Dame
Texas
Oregon
Florida St
South Carolina
Tennessee

Georgia in at 21
TCU in at 24

Iowa and Rutgers out.

~rAf
calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/22/18 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

2 votes or 2 pts? If it's 2 pts, it's most likely the same voter as last week but he upgraded them to #24 in the country.

Actually it turns out it is 2 separate 25th place votes, although when I used the term I used in it in the sense that each ballot essentially includes 375 votes. The two voters are Scott Nulph of the Laramie Boomerang and Ryan Thorburn of the Register Guard. Having done this research my question becomes, "Why do 2 writers from Laramie Wyoming and Eugene Oregon each give a single vote to a team from Georgia that doesn't play a game more than 2 states away all season?"

Phil

PostPosted: 01/22/18 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like four voters picked MS state lower than #2 (or someone had them further down).

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/22/18 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not a good week for the B1G top 25.

Rutgers dropped from #25 to essentially #34. Iowa from #20 to #27. Nebraska got a handful of votes after beating both last week.

Ohio State dropped from 8 to 12 after losing to Michigan. Michigan rose from 19 to 16. Maryland remains at 14.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/22/18 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Shades wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

Actually it turns out it is 2 separate 25th place votes, although when I used the term I used in it in the sense that each ballot essentially includes 375 votes. The two voters are Scott Nulph of the Laramie Boomerang and Ryan Thorburn of the Register Guard. Having done this research my question becomes, "Why do 2 writers from Laramie Wyoming and Eugene Oregon each give a single vote to a team from Georgia that doesn't play a game more than 2 states away all season?"

Oh, so the love for Mercer is truly multiplying.

Now explain the TCU love.

linkster

PostPosted: 01/22/18 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Phil wrote:
Sounds pretty good. I'd have TN ahead of MO.

Id also have them ahead of So. Car , Tennesee's losses are to formidable opponents . There drop should not be as huge as they hung tight with each opponent over the last 4 . Easily could have went 3-1 in that stretch .

Could have beat TAMU? That's true but the correct way to look at that game is that they SHOULD have beat TAMU. A No 6 losing to a No 16 is a bad loss.

As for the N Dame and Miss St games, in what universe do you think they "hung tight"? Maybe for the 1st period. Sure, they got within 7 vs Miss St when some subs were in but that lasted less than a minute and the lead quickly became DD's again. What Tenn showed in the last 2 games was that they can beat teams over which they have a sizable talent and athleticism advantage but that they can't hang with elite teams. And that isn't meant as a put down. They have a lot of talent but not enough experience.

And I question whether they would beat a SC team with Wilson, but we'll see about that next month.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/22/18 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:

Rutgers dropped from #25 to essentially #34. Iowa from #20 to #27. Nebraska got a handful of votes after beating both last week.

Ohio State dropped from 8 to 12 after losing to Michigan. Michigan rose from 19 to 16. Maryland remains at 14.

It's funny how I got all the Big Ten placements right.

I'm not buying Nebraska>Minnesota but it's probably close.

Charlie Creme rates them both "first 4 out".

pilight

PostPosted: 01/22/18 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/ap-womens-basketball-poll-week-12-0

UConn still unanimous

Mississippi State up to #2

Oklahoma State up to #19

Ohio State down to #12

Iowa and Rutgers out
Georgia and TCU in

PostPosted: 01/22/18 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Shades wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

This demonstrates the value of not being seen

I'm not sure what you mean by "2 states away". Every game on Mercer's schedule is either in Georgia or in a state adjacent to Georgia.

PostPosted: 01/22/18 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
Shades wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

This demonstrates the value of not being seen

I'm not sure what you mean by "2 states away". Every game on Mercer's schedule is either in Georgia or in a state adjacent to Georgia.

My mistake. I had it in my mind that the Western Kentucky game was away. So what dirt do you have on Scott and Ryan?

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/22/18 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

It's funny how I got all the Big Ten placements right.

I'm not buying Nebraska>Minnesota but it's probably close.

Wait. What? Nebraska won 79-74 on Minnesota's floor on 12/31.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/29/18 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/ap-womens-basketball-poll-week-13-0

UConn still unanimous

Oregon up to #6

UCLA up to #9

Ohio State down to #18

Stanford in
Arizona State out

PostPosted: 01/29/18 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duke got two healthy margin wins last week and still dropped one spot. Don’t see that happen too often.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 01/29/18 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This really has been a whackadoodle kind of year.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/29/18 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Duke got two healthy margin wins last week and still dropped one spot. Don’t see that happen too often.

Beating BC and Pitt shouldn't move anyone up. They didn't really move down so much as Georgia moved ahead of them because they beat Missouri.

For me the surprise is that Cal is still ranked instead of Arizona St. Cal has yet to beat a team better than USC (even though every loss has been to a ranked team). Arizona St has beaten Cal twice and is tied with them in the Pac 12.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/29/18 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Beating BC and Pitt shouldn't move anyone up. They didn't really move down so much as Georgia moved ahead of them because they beat Missouri.

Not the greatest wins but but decent MOV’s as I already pointed out. Certainly good enough not to drop. What should have happened if they’re feeling Georgia that much is to drop Ohio St one extra spot so Duke stays at #18... in a perfect world.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 01/29/18 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With Cal being ranked over ASU, makes me think they are not watching the PAC, which could be a good thing as it's not very pretty Laughing

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/29/18 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not convinced Michigan's as good as #13, but I'll take it until proven otherwise. Shocked

IM in OC

PostPosted: 01/29/18 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not one vote for Southern Cal?

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/29/18 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
With Cal being ranked over ASU, makes me think they are not watching the PAC, which could be a good thing as it's not very pretty Laughing

true. let's see - Cal is 6-4 in league against the same teams Stanford is 8-2. And Stanford beat ASU handily in their only matchup in league...yet both Cal and ASU are somehow better than Stanford? Laughing I'm actually fine with it but it seems pretty strange.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/29/18 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

true. let's see - Cal is 6-4 in league against the same teams Stanford is 8-2. And Stanford beat ASU handily in their only matchup in league...yet both Cal and ASU are somehow better than Stanford? Laughing I'm actually fine with it but it seems pretty strange.

Yeah seems as though their not watching none whatsoever .

PostPosted: 01/29/18 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Not the greatest wins but but decent MOV’s as I already pointed out. Certainly good enough not to drop. What should have happened if they’re feeling Georgia that much is to drop Ohio St one extra spot so Duke stays at #18... in a perfect world.

Shades: still pimping out Duke as they run up scores against teams with much lesser talent and only two wins against ranked teams being teams that are overranked themselves. Duke, Ohio State and Oregon State should be 20, 21,22 and eventually fall out of the top 25. When Notre Dame blows Duke off the court, we might see the rankings corrected. Duke was left out of the top 16 teams for a reason and haven't done anything to change that. They lost to freaking UNC! Three losses to unranked teams.

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: