RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 01/17/18 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gee - I wonder if the Sun fans ever felt like that? Or the Sky fans? Or the Sky fans again?

Razz

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/18/18 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
We've heard this story before. Let's see if she actually shows up.

she hasn't signed anything yet. she might be lazy after the WNBL wraps up and decides to take a vacation this summer instead.

Are the people pissing themselves over Liz actually Dallas fans or do y’all just feel threatened by her presence? Plus the thought of my wings being better than your teams ? Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 01/18/18 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
If Dallas gets Diamond I think they could seriously challenge for the title.

toad455 wrote:
I still think they'll trade to get one of Chicago's picks. Christmas-Kelly & the #18 pick to Chicago for the #3 pick? Paris also gets let go with Cambage coming over.

PG: Diggins/Chong
SG: Gray/Davis
SF: Powers/DeShields/Thornton
PF: Johnson/Plaisance/Akhator
C: Cambage/#6 pick

If there's one team that especially doesn't need DeShields, it'd be this one.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 01/18/18 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Liz Cambage is officially announcing that she'll play for Dallas this summer.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/liz-cambage-to-return-to-wnba-with-dallas-wings-after-season-end-with-melbourne-boomers/news-story/94707ceb603619ddc3afc0ea1d16ea54

Ay mate? Anything to say now? Laughing

She's been saying that she's been wanting to come for a long time.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/18/18 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/liz-cambage-to-return-to-wnba-with-dallas-wings-after-season-end-with-melbourne-boomers/news-story/94707ceb603619ddc3afc0ea1d16ea54

Right , she was immature let go of the past and be optimistic for the future. Life will be much better for everyone . Ive known liz was coming since the middle of last season , but i guess every one wants her to record her trip and her first steps off the plane when she lands like a newborn baby Laughing

PostPosted: 01/18/18 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
ucbart wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
If Dallas gets Diamond I think they could seriously challenge for the title.

So, DD, whose college team actually got much better after she left, can help a team challenge for a WNBA title? I don’t get this. She has a ton of talent, but if she couldn’t get TENNESSEE to a Final Four, how come people can think she is the key player to getting a WNBA title in Dallas? I feel like I’m missing something here.

Not sure who said that? Dallas will go as far as Diggins-Smith, and Liz will take them. Cambage will probably be one of the best players in the league next year, and should help volt Diggins-Smith back to MVP status. I think Paris will return and be a good back up for Liz, Johnson is who they should move, I still like Powers coming off the bench. Now let’s get Charles and we should be headed to the finals.

I hope you mean Kaila Charles, because that's the only one that would be available.

No I was talking about Tina.

Sophomores in college have a zero chance of being available, so the probability of Tina Charles being available is higher even if slightly so.

zune69

PostPosted: 01/19/18 12:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now that Cambage has made her return official.I’m not 100% sold on them taking Russell with the #6 pick….L.Brown is the better fit IMO.A player who can knock down the 3 and open up the middle for Cambage is greatly needed.Brown would be the backup,but you could slide Diggins to SG and play them together…..However,if Dallas does draft Russell,they should move on from Paris.It makes zero sense to have three slow centers on the roster....Dallas also owns the contract rights to R.Hamlin...Is Russell better than Hamlin ?

Shades

PostPosted: 01/19/18 2:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Now that Cambage has made her return official.

That article doesn't make it any more official than it had been.

zune69 wrote:
I’m not 100% sold on them taking Russell with the #6 pick
L.Brown is the better fit IMO.

Brown is the better player with regard to position but post is what they need to reinforce even with Cambage coming over. I've never wavered from that point.

zune69 wrote:
A player who can knock down the 3 and open up the middle for Cambage is greatly needed.Brown would be the backup,but you could slide Diggins to SG and play them together

I still have confidence in Chong, who is building her own confidence in Israel.

zune69 wrote:
However,if Dallas does draft Russell,they should move on from Paris.It makes zero sense to have three slow centers on the roster.

I've been ready for a while to move on from Paris. Is she unrestricted?

zune69 wrote:
Dallas also owns the contract rights to R.Hamlin...Is Russell better than Hamlin ?

You misspelled her name twice, so I'd say she's not doing too well. Wink

zune69

PostPosted: 01/19/18 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@ Shades.

1.The title of the article did say "Liz Cambage is officially announcing that she'll play for Dallas this summer" Wink

2.I love Russell's height/length.But every time I watch the Lady vols play,she looks passive.What good is being 6'6 if you're not going to assert yourself ?...Russell doesn't take advantage of her size the way a post player should.I don't expect Russell to be a dominant player in the pros.But she should be dominating backup post players at the college level.USC/Notre Dame were both playing without their starting centers.Russell was invisible for 50% of both games.Maybe the problem is Coach Warlick....Will Russell be more aggressive at the next level ?....I hope so...Russell's height/length/size could be a real game-changer for a team like Dallas/Seattle.

3.Chong's a solid player.However,the addition of Cambage magnifies the need for more 3 pt shooting.Dallas was the 4th worst 3 point shooting team in the league.If the Wings plan on being a legit title contender,the 3 pt shooting must improve.

4.Yes,unrestricted.

5.Yeah....I left out the "B"

Shades

PostPosted: 01/19/18 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

1.The title of the article did say "Liz Cambage is officially announcing that she'll play for Dallas this summer"

No, it doesn't. And there's nothing more said in this article than what was said in the interview Luuuc presented a while back. Cambage has been saying she's coming since last summer.

zune69 wrote:
2. I love Russell's height/length.But every time I watch the Lady vols play,she looks passive.What good is being 6'6 if you're not going to assert yourself ?...Russell doesn't take advantage of her size the way a post player should.I don't expect Russell to be a dominant player in the pros.But she should be dominating backup post players at the college level.USC/Notre Dame were both playing without their starting centers.Russell was invisible for 50% of both games.Maybe the problem is Coach Warlick....Will Russell be more aggressive at the next level ?....I hope so...Russell's height/length/size could be a real game-changer for a team like Dallas/Seattle.

There's a reason why Russell isn't going #1 and you've probably touched on some of them.... but this is the #6 pick. Is she good value at #6? Could be.... we'll see. Does the post need fortifying? Most definitely.

zune69 wrote:
3. Chong's a solid player.However,the addition of Cambage magnifies the need for more 3 pt shooting.Dallas was the 4th worst 3 point shooting team in the league.If the Wings plan on being a legit title contender,the 3 pt shooting must improve.

Are they one of the worst 3 point shooting clubs because their post game allows opponents to spread their defense more to the perimeter? Are you saying Diggins, Gray, Davis, and Powers are all inherently bad 3 point shooters and Brown would make them one of the best three point shooting clubs? That's a tough sell to me. Cambage is going to require extra attention which may result in extra wide open looks from three.

Also, if they need another combo guard like Diggins, why'd they get rid of Sims? Seemed like they weren't all that compatible. So it's going to be okay to bring in yet another guard similar to Diggins? I think Diggins likes the guard situation just as it is now, and she's basically the bawse. Gotta keep her happy.

zune69 wrote:
4.Yes,unrestricted.

Au revoir, Paris, although she doesn't necessarily have to leave if she'll stay for the right price. Lewis is a goner. Shaqator.... I'm not sure. Might give her another year. I'm thinking Plaisance might end up being suspended for the season for rehab.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/19/18 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Akhator sticks just because she was the #3 pick.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 01/19/18 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Megdal Salary Spreadsheet is accurate (and for Dallas it seems to make pretty good sense) then even with paying Cambage the max, looks like there is room to pay Paris the max. It is interesting that they cored Christmas but not Paris. So maybe Paris is expected to stay. Might be a problem is Plaisance returns for the whole season and they keep Christmas.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/19/18 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
If the Megdal Salary Spreadsheet is accurate (and for Dallas it seems to make pretty good sense) then even with paying Cambage the max, looks like there is room to pay Paris the max. It is interesting that they cored Christmas but not Paris. So maybe Paris is expected to stay. Might be a problem is Plaisance returns for the whole season and they keep Christmas.

Looks like Cambage is still under the rookie contract, otherwise she'd be listed as a free agent.

I think Christmas has more trade value than Paris, but who knows, maybe they actually want to keep her.

Christmas for #10? Would Liberty fans go for that?

zune69

PostPosted: 01/19/18 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

I don't think Paris will get,nor ask for the max.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/19/18 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

Right , she was immature let go of the past and be optimistic for the future. Life will be much better for everyone . Ive known liz was coming since the middle of last season , but i guess every one wants her to record her trip and her first steps off the plane when she lands like a newborn baby Laughing

Most of us figured she was coming. I'd love to see her play again. But there is a difference between belief and knowing so certainly that you bet money on it. Given the events of 2012 and 2015, we have a right to be only cautiously optimistic.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 01/20/18 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diamond and Liz on the same team would definitely be a coaching challenge. A team psychiatrist on staff might help. Not so much for Diamond and Liz, because they're not going to change, but for Diggins.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/20/18 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:

Given the events of 2012 and 2015, we have a right to be only cautiously optimistic.

Are you talking about Taurasi or Cambage, because if you're talking about Taurasi, it'd make more sense.

Taurasi played 8 games between those two seasons, and this is her home league.... a very convenient one for her to play in. The games she missed were her totally her choice. Yeah, if you're naive enough you could protest that notion and say the team made her sit, but no way was PHX going to risk upsetting their franchise player by demanding she sit if she didn't think the tanking plan was a good idea.

Cambage, on the other hand, spent her rookie season at the age of 19 on the worst team in WNBA history. I think we can be a little sympathetic towards her experience and not blame her for not wanting to bother coming back to a similar team after the Olympics experience.

Now in 2015 she did say she wanted to come back to the WNBA. Who in their right mind would say she "teased" the fans and disappointed them by backing out when she was actually rehabbing her torn Achilles? So either you're being very insensitive or very forgetful.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/20/18 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Now in 2015 she did say she wanted to come back to the WNBA. Who in their right mind would say she "teased" the fans and disappointed them by backing out when she was actually rehabbing her torn Achilles? So either you're being very insensitive or very forgetful.

Or c) I have a bit of insider knowledge.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/20/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Given her history, anyone would be silly not to be cautious about anything she says.
In this case, her own words about her plans have stayed consistent for the best part of a year now, so I am pretty confident in her intentions.
It only takes one injury to derail all of that of course. She takes the anti-LJ, conservative approach to rehab (which is smart IMO), so fingers crossed she gets through today's grand final unscathed (which is not a given considering how nasty the first 2 games have been), and also gets through the Commonwealth Games (April 4th-15th).

PostPosted: 01/20/18 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Diamond and Liz on the same team would definitely be a coaching challenge. A team psychiatrist on staff might help. Not so much for Diamond and Liz, because they're not going to change, but for Diggins.

I like that comment. It's hilarious! Laughing

PostPosted: 01/20/18 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

It would certainly be a test of Diggins' leadership ability

PostPosted: 01/21/18 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After watching the 1st half of the Tenn/Miss st game,I feel more confident with Dallas taking Russell @ #6....Russell has a legit post game,and can score with both hands.She Has the ability to step away from the basket,and knock down a 15 foot jumpshot.She moves well without the ball,and has decent foot speed.

Top 3 picks for Dallas:

1.Russell
2.Brown
3.Billings

Edit:Russell looked really bad in the 2nd half vs Miss ST....4 rebounds in 40 minutes for a 6'6 post player is just terrible...Brown.Billings,or Gabby might be the better option at #6..I'd also consider trading the #6 & Christmas for Stokes & Rodgers.

root_thing

PostPosted: 01/22/18 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
After watching the 1st half of the Tenn/Miss st game,I feel more confident with Dallas taking Russell @ #6....Russell has a legit post game,and can score with both hands.She Has the ability to step away from the basket,and knock down a 15 foot jumpshot.She moves well without the ball,and has decent foot speed.

Top 3 picks for Dallas:

1.Russell
2.Brown
3.Billings

Edit:Russell looked really bad in the 2nd half vs Miss ST....4 rebounds in 40 minutes for a 6'6 post player is just terrible...Brown.Billings,or Gabby might be the better option at #6..I'd also consider trading the #6 & Christmas for Stokes & Rodgers.

I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle takes Russell at #5, so that decision might be made for you. Looking at his history, Hughes has shown a willingness to go small at all positions except center. I know Seattle cored Langhorne, but I'm not convinced that Dan wants her to be the starting center.

PostPosted: 01/22/18 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Top 3 picks for Dallas:

1.Russell
2.Brown
3.Billings

I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle takes Russell at #5, so that decision might be made for you. Looking at his history, Hughes has shown a willingness to go small at all positions except center. I know Seattle cored Langhorne, but I'm not convinced that Dan wants her to be the starting center.

Agreed.......Seattle desperately needs a real center.Having Stewart guard centers will only shorten her career.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/22/18 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Russell would be a good practice player for Cambage. Russell wasn't very intimidated by McCowan's defense. And if Cambage decided to take another year off, Russell could be up to speed by then.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 8 of 41

Jump to: