RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#11 Missouri @ Ole Miss 1/18/18 9:00 PM ET SECN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/18/18 10:16 am    ::: #11 Missouri @ Ole Miss 1/18/18 9:00 PM ET SECN Reply Reply with quote

The Pavilion at Ole Miss
Oxford, Mississippi

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/18/18 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of the Lady Rebs deliberately tripped Diaper Dandy and was caught.

Mohammed (sp?) missed a jumper from the left baseline, and as Cunningham, who was guarding her, began to run up the court, she stuck out her leg. As Cunningham rolled on the court she retaliated by giving a kick to Mohammed in the hip area.

Double unsportsmanlike fouls.

PostPosted: 01/19/18 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
One of the Lady Rebs deliberately tripped Diaper Dandy and was caught.

Mohammed (sp?) missed a jumper from the left baseline, and as Cunningham, who was guarding her, began to run up the court, she stuck out her leg. As Cunningham rolled on the court she retaliated by giving a kick to Mohammed in the hip area.

Double unsportsmanlike fouls.

Sophie's dirty, just like most of the other Mizzou players. Probably had been doing stuff all game. Not to excuse the Ole Miss player, either. But I bet Sophie had done something to her previously.

PostPosted: 01/19/18 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

Sophie's dirty, just like most of the other Mizzou players. Probably had been doing stuff all game. Not to excuse the Ole Miss player, either. But I bet Sophie had done something to her previously.

I wouldn't go that far. I've watched her play a bit. She is certainly a bit chippy, certainly an annoyance, and often trying to get under the skin of her opponents. In that way I would compare her to Alana Beard. But I have never seen her do anything outright dirty. Perhaps it is just a matter of degree, but I don't see her as a dirty player. In fact, it was just that kind of annoyance (by several Missouri players), and South Carolina's poor reaction to it, that allowed the Tigers to upset the Gamecocks.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/19/18 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

I wouldn't go that far. I've watched her play a bit. She is certainly a bit chippy, certainly an annoyance, and often trying to get under the skin of her opponents. In that way I would compare her to Alana Beard. But I have never seen her do anything outright dirty. Perhaps it is just a matter of degree, but I don't see her as a dirty player. In fact, it was just that kind of annoyance (by several Missouri players), and South Carolina's poor reaction to it, that allowed the Tigers to upset the Gamecocks.

How much have you watched Mizzou? I have watched them a lot, and I guarantee you, they always have several dirty players, and Sophie is occasionally one of them. I personally believe Pingeton, if she doesn't encourage it, tacitly allows it.

PostPosted: 01/19/18 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I found it telling that the majority of SEC fanbases sided with SC over Missouri during that controversy.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 01/19/18 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
I found it telling that the majority of SEC fanbases sided with SC over Missouri during that controversy.

Probably because they routinely defeat their favorite teams too.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 01/20/18 2:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:

Probably because they routinely defeat their favorite teams too.

If that was the case, they would have sided with Missouri over South Carolina aka SC since South Carolina is the 3 or 4 years in a row SEC reigning champions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: