RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RavenDog

PostPosted: 12/11/17 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Seattle needs to definitely be giving Jordin Canada A look , lexie brown is great but Jordin Canada would be the biggest get at PG since sue bird IMO.

Dan loves PG's...

Nerd2

PostPosted: 12/11/17 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Seattle needs to definitely be giving Jordin Canada A look , lexie brown is great but Jordin Canada would be the biggest get at PG since sue bird IMO.

My main concern with her is height. She's a gnat on defense but is only 5'6". Pair her with Loyd at 5'8" and Alysha Clark at 5'11" and that is very undersized perimeter defense.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/11/17 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

My main concern with her is height. She's a gnat on defense but is only 5'6". Pair her with Loyd at 5'8" and Alysha Clark at 5'11" and that is very undersized perimeter defense.

Would lexie Brown make much of a difference ? Not many Chelsea Gray's to choose from this year.

PostPosted: 12/11/17 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Loyd is only 5’8” Shocked I thought she was at least 5’10”

Nerd2

PostPosted: 12/11/17 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Loyd is only 5’8” Shocked I thought she was at least 5’10”

Ugh, she is. I was doing some comparisons on a spreadsheet and I had the Stars players in instead. Kelsey Plum is 5'8". I was putting in "McPlumerson" where Jefferson is 5'6" (like Canada), Plum/Loyd and McBride/Clark (both 5'11).

Shades

PostPosted: 12/11/17 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Would Lexie Brown make much of a difference ? Not many Chelsea Gray's to choose from this year.

I have three basic questions
1. Have they already moved on from the Lexi Peterson era?
2. Why do you keep bringing up Lexie Brown? Is it a battle between her and Canada for top other guard?
3. Is guard their biggest priority? They could use upgrades at center, SF, and then maybe backup/future PG. A lot could show up at #5, especially if a prominent player declares early. I think there's a strong possibility of going with the best player available, and that may not be either Canada or Brown.

Oh, and whether or not Crystal Langhorne (or Swords) sticks around could factor into who they target in the draft.

There could be something nice showing up at #17, like maybe Goodwin, Atkins, etc...(Hughes might be partial to Big 12 players since he still does color for Big 12 games)... or even something better.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/11/17 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Would Lexie Brown make much of a difference ? Not many Chelsea Gray's to choose from this year.

2. Why do you keep bringing up Lexie Brown? Is it a battle between her and Canada for top other guard?
3. Is guard their biggest priority? They could use upgrades at center, SF, and then maybe backup/future PG. A lot could show up at #5, especially if a prominent player declares early. I think there's a strong possibility of going with the best player available, and that may not be either Canada or Brown.

Oh, and whether or not Crystal Langhorne (or Swords) sticks around could factor into who they target in the draft.

There could be something nice showing up at #17, like maybe Goodwin, Atkins, etc...(Hughes might be partial to Big 12 players since he still does color for Big 12 games)... or even something better.

1. The peterson project was not a joy to watch , unless she has improved drastically this off-season they should look elsewhere as father time continues to stare birdy straight in the eye.

2. I bring up lexie brown because this draft is not stocked with efficient & formidable PG's . Lexie & Jordin seem to be the creme of the crop at that position And lexie was my front runner til i had a better view of the eye test . Jordin Canada W/ Jewell & Stewie could be a nice trio .

3. I do agree that it might not be there biggest priority , but it SHOULD. Losing Swords Or Langhorne vs not having a back up for bird seems to be secondary in a team aspect. Langhorne Or swords could be replaced via free agency , versus finding a a young good PG to mold via free agency . They could take a swing at a SF at #17 as you've mentioned possibly Ariel Atkins or Victoria Vivians come to mind around that time frame in the draft. Im just keeping the ideas floating to waste time as i wait for the season to tip off already Laughing

PostPosted: 12/11/17 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Kinda nitpicky. He's just throwing out potential names that might be available at the #5 slot in case the Storm want to draft a PG.

UK1996

PostPosted: 12/12/17 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle needs a center worst at the moment, but Lexie Brown would be really hard to pass up. PG and Center should be the top targets for Seattle, no question. Here are the prospects they should be looking at.

#5- Canada, L. Brown, Billings, Russell, McCowan*, K. Brown*
#17- Vadeeva*, Goodwin, Flahrety, Jensen, McCarty, Hillsman

PostPosted: 12/12/17 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
Seattle needs a center worst at the moment, but Lexie Brown would be really hard to pass up. PG and Center should be the top targets for Seattle, no question. Here are the prospects they should be looking at.

#5- Canada, L. Brown, Billings, Russell, McCowan*, K. Brown*
#17- Vadeeva*, Goodwin, Flahrety, Jensen, McCarty, Hillsman

These are great options , all i would agree Seattle should be considering seriously especially with there 1st round pick . Seattle getting 1 of 3 Russell / McCowan / K. Brown would be ideal . If both those 2 declare early this draft just became Iconic !

PostPosted: 12/12/17 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kalani Brown is too young to come out early. DOB March 21, 1997.

PostPosted: 12/12/17 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

(If Healthy) Jefferson and #13 for #5 and #17

Seattle gets it's heir apparent to Bird in Jefferson
Dan Hughes drafted Jefferson
Jefferson won 4 Championships in college with Seattle superstar B. Stewart
Jefferson/Loyd back-court could be strong for years

Seattle can draft a decent SF at #13 (Vivians, Atkins, S. Thomas) or if LA and Minny pass on Vadeeva give her a shot in Seattle
Seattle will have to resolve its center issue through free agency, I would look at Kizer. (If they keep #5 Russell or a possible McCowan would be your choices, I would risk that for Jefferson and #13).

Vegas and Laimbeer solve the too many short small guard situation
Can draft Wilson at #1 hope for an early entry so that Deshields or G. Williams falls to #5 or take Russell at #5 and see if Laimbeer can get some toughness out of her, or make a slight reach for Nared (or Nurse) who would be a nice fit at the 3 with McBride at the 2 and Wilson at the 4, or trade #5 in the future for a steady vet.
#17 will get you someone decent if you draft well (Atkins, Mavunga, S. Thomas, Scaife, Goodwyn, Hines-Allen, Greenwell).

Nerd2

PostPosted: 12/21/17 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At last week's UW coaches show, they mentioned that Hec Ed might not have the air conditioning to handle a summer schedule. Just another complication. It will also be interesting to see what happens with the Pac-12 tournament which would also need to move. Hec Ed would be an acceptable spot for that, I suppose.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/22/17 3:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 01/08/18 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RIP Ginger Ackerley

http://www.king5.com/article/sports/wnba/storm/seattle-storm-founder-former-sonics-owner-ginger-ackerley-dies-at-79/281-505441590

Quote:
Ackerley and her husband Barry owned the Sonics for 18 years and she served as chairwoman of the Seattle Storm after founding the team

PostPosted: 01/16/18 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crystal Robinson Hired as Assistant Coach on Dan Hughes’ Staff

http://storm.wnba.com/news/crystal-robinson-hired-as-assistant-coach-on-dan-hughes-staff/

PostPosted: 01/17/18 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anybody know what's up with Jewell Loyd? I know she was injured in Korea and left her team, but I don't know how serious the injury was.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/17/18 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry if ive missed something , but ive been watching this lady for 17 years now and im still puzzled on why Seattle thinks shes so important to core all the time? Langhorne is declining although efficient i feel the style of play in todays game has gotten away from her. I wont say her shoes would be easy to fill though . Hard to find a 4 who can hit mid range shots consistently. JLav comes to mind when assessing langhorne. Maybe Seattle should go after her?

PostPosted: 01/17/18 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Hard to find a 4 who can hit mid range shots consistently.

Breland, Kizer, Meesseman, Dupree

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/18/18 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

merlina wrote:
Anybody know what's up with Jewell Loyd? I know she was injured in Korea and left her team, but I don't know how serious the injury was.

Stress fracture in her foot. Sounded like it would be fine. She's currently in Seattle getting ready for the season.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/18/18 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Sorry if ive missed something , but ive been watching this lady for 17 years now and im still puzzled on why Seattle thinks shes so important to core all the time? Langhorne is declining although efficient i feel the style of play in todays game has gotten away from her. I wont say her shoes would be easy to fill though . Hard to find a 4 who can hit mid range shots consistently. JLav comes to mind when assessing langhorne. Maybe Seattle should go after her?

Because she is one of the most efficient scorers in the game and they wont let her go for nothing.. So they core her because they dont have any cap problems and if a team wants her then they should offer something decent for her.
Everyone knows my opinion of her starting alongside Stewart. I hate it but that doesnt mean that i dont want her on this team at all. She could be a good player of the bench to provide scoring which we desperately need. Or they can trade her for a true 5, young decent PG or prospect

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 02/05/18 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tokashiki to skip the 2018 season.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
sigur3

PostPosted: 02/05/18 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They've also signed Aleksandra Crvendakic
http://storm.wnba.com/news/seattle-storm-adds-aleksandra-crvendakic-training-camp-roster/

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/05/18 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Re-signed Nolle Quinn as well: http://storm.wnba.com/news/noelle-quinn-re-signs-seattle-storm/

Honestly, the way she's played the last couple of years, and the way she's been regressing rather than developing, Tokashiki is no great loss. Depending on how many people they bring in, I'm not sure she'd have made it through camp anyway.

PostPosted: 02/05/18 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
They've also signed Aleksandra Crvendakic
http://storm.wnba.com/news/seattle-storm-adds-aleksandra-crvendakic-training-camp-roster/

Who?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 4 of 20

Jump to: