RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/17/18 3:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liz Cambage is officially announcing that she'll play for Dallas this summer.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/liz-cambage-to-return-to-wnba-with-dallas-wings-after-season-end-with-melbourne-boomers/news-story/94707ceb603619ddc3afc0ea1d16ea54

blaase22

PostPosted: 01/17/18 4:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Dallas gets Diamond I think they could seriously challenge for the title.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/17/18 5:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still think they'll trade to get one of Chicago's picks. Christmas-Kelly & the #18 pick to Chicago for the #3 pick? Paris also gets let go with Cambage coming over.

PG: Diggins/Chong
SG: Gray/Davis
SF: Powers/DeShields/Thornton
PF: Johnson/Plaisance/Akhator
C: Cambage/#6 pick

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
sigur3

PostPosted: 01/17/18 7:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ERIN PHILLIPS YOU HAD ONE JOB...

...and you succeeded. Nice.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/17/18 7:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/liz-cambage-to-return-to-wnba-with-dallas-wings-after-season-end-with-melbourne-boomers/news-story/94707ceb603619ddc3afc0ea1d16ea54

Ay mate? Anything to say now? Laughing

PostPosted: 01/17/18 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:

So, DD, whose college team actually got much better after she left, can help a team challenge for a WNBA title? I don’t get this. She has a ton of talent, but if she couldn’t get TENNESSEE to a Final Four, how come people can think she is the key player to getting a WNBA title in Dallas? I feel like I’m missing something here.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 01/17/18 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

So, DD, whose college team actually got much better after she left, can help a team challenge for a WNBA title? I don’t get this. She has a ton of talent, but if she couldn’t get TENNESSEE to a Final Four, how come people can think she is the key player to getting a WNBA title in Dallas? I feel like I’m missing something here.

Not sure who said that? Dallas will go as far as Diggins-Smith, and Liz will take them. Cambage will probably be one of the best players in the league next year, and should help volt Diggins-Smith back to MVP status. I think Paris will return and be a good back up for Liz, Johnson is who they should move, I still like Powers coming off the bench. Now let’s get Charles and we should be headed to the finals.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/17/18 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Johnson is who they should move

If you give up Johnson, isn't the main thing they need... a mobile 4 to play next to Cambage? I'm far from Glory's biggest fan, but who are you getting back to fill that role who's better than Glory herself?

PostPosted: 01/17/18 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can this team play defense, even with the addition of Cambage, is the main question for me.

PostPosted: 01/17/18 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

Ay mate? Anything to say now? Laughing

Shocked Neutral Rolling Eyes

Guess we will get to see if this is the boon the Wings needed.
pilight

PostPosted: 01/17/18 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We've heard this story before. Let's see if she actually shows up.

PostPosted: 01/17/18 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

she hasn't signed anything yet. she might be lazy after the WNBL wraps up and decides to take a vacation this summer instead.

ucbart

PostPosted: 01/17/18 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/17/18 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Can this team play defense, even with the addition of Cambage, is the main question for me.

As it should be. The last time this franchise was outside of the bottom two in the league defensively is still when Laimbeer was the coach and they were playing in Detroit - in 2009. With how short the WNBA season is and how much noise there is in all the league's stats, that continues to be pretty incredible.

PostPosted: 01/17/18 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:

she hasn't signed anything yet. she might be lazy after the WNBL wraps up and decides to take a vacation this summer instead.

She's got the Commonwealth Games in April first to give her another chance to get injured (or 'injured') and make the WNBA expendable.

PostPosted: 01/17/18 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

Not sure who said that? Dallas will go as far as Diggins-Smith, and Liz will take them. Cambage will probably be one of the best players in the league next year, and should help volt Diggins-Smith back to MVP status. I think Paris will return and be a good back up for Liz, Johnson is who they should move, I still like Powers coming off the bench. Now let’s get Charles and we should be headed to the finals.

I hope you mean Kaila Charles, because that's the only one that would be available.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 01/17/18 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
ucbart wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

I hope you mean Kaila Charles, because that's the only one that would be available.

No I was talking about Tina.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/17/18 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow not suprised to see the trolls surface . Il be even more happier when Liz comes and makes you all eat her DJ discs ! The wings will dominate with DD or not .

PostPosted: 01/17/18 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

Her game was not made for college , she will fare much better with her talents in the pro's . Thats obvious to the naked eye .

PostPosted: 01/17/18 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

Her game was not made for college , she will fare much better with her talents in the pro's . Thats obvious to the naked eye .

Not to my naked eye ...

Not saying you're wrong, but generally playing against taller, quicker, stronger, more experienced players is more difficult.

The style of play might favor her style a little more, but I don't have the same feeling you do that she'll be better, relatively speaking, at the next level.

PostPosted: 01/17/18 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Isn't Anigwe eligible to declare for the WNBA draft? Maybe they can convince her to come out, draft her at 6 for their 4 spot and Hines-Allen in the second round for their 3, and then they would have a formidable team with Cambage.

Or maybe it would be more rational to plan for when Cambage doesn't return in 2019, or gets bored or stubs her toe and quits in mid season, or hurts someone and gets suspended, or otherwise becomes unavailable, and just go ahead and draft Russell.

Making the decision on the assumption Cambage is a multi-year solution seems crazy considering her track record.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/17/18 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
ucbart wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

I regret to inform you that I cannot make a nuanced, comprehensive reply to your post and must perforce use the only words that are available to me in response.

U NO CAN HAZ

(now with spelling variations)
toad455

PostPosted: 01/17/18 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

only way Charles leaves the Liberty is if they move out of New York City. And possibly the Tri-state area.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 01/17/18 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Erin Phillips really earning her money.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/17/18 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

I regret to inform you that I cannot make a nuanced, comprehensive reply to your post and must perforce use the only words that are available to me in response.

U NO CAN HAZ

I would like to commend you on your obvious restraint in word choice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 7 of 41

Jump to: