RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2017-18 Season Injury/Transfer/Attrition Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queenie

PostPosted: 01/13/18 7:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's a link on Espinoza-Hunter: https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/high-school/lohud-girls-basketball/2018/01/12/girls-basketball-ossining-alumna-andra-espinoza-hunter-transfer-uconn/1030428001/

Calvert is raising my eyebrows. Didn't she finally just become eligible?

(now with spelling variations)
SDHoops

PostPosted: 01/13/18 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Apparently ND has another knee injury. This time Lili Thompson.

https://ndnation.com/boards/showpost.php?b=mcgraw;pid=51089;d=this

Yea this is not fair. Why is it always Notre Dame & Not ______ i wont say their names Exclamation Evil or Very Mad

Remember 2001?!?! Besides, Muffy is getting cold hard karma. Don't use a hardship waiver (Jessica) without paying the piper..physics always wins

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/13/18 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Here's a link on Espinoza-Hunter: https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/high-school/lohud-girls-basketball/2018/01/12/girls-basketball-ossining-alumna-andra-espinoza-hunter-transfer-uconn/1030428001/

Calvert is raising my eyebrows. Didn't she finally just become eligible?
Yes - played three games and started two - averaged 35 mpg.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/13/18 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will Calvert become the next Loryn Goodwin?

Where will Espinoza-Hunter land?

What does your crystal ball say??????

PostPosted: 01/13/18 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

I have no evidence whatsoever, but Fordham has solid academics, a fondness for the three-pointer, a Blair Academy alumna who might be able to work the grapevine, and a coach who doesn't mind sniping transfers. (Unfortunately, I don't get out to Fordham for another month and a half, so I can't hit up anyone I know there to see if this pans out.)

Seton Hall also has decent academics, a propensity to pick up peripatetic players, minimal fucks to give about stylistic fit, and a kid from Ossining on the roster, but for some reason I'm not feeling that as much. (I'll be at SHU next week, but I wouldn't know her from a hole in the wall if she were sitting in the stands.)

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/14/18 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

I have no evidence whatsoever, but Fordham has solid academics, a fondness for the three-pointer, a Blair Academy alumna who might be able to work the grapevine, and a coach who doesn't mind sniping transfers. (Unfortunately, I don't get out to Fordham for another month and a half, so I can't hit up anyone I know there to see if this pans out.)

Seton Hall also has decent academics, a propensity to pick up peripatetic players, minimal fucks to give about stylistic fit, and a kid from Ossining on the roster, but for some reason I'm not feeling that as much. (I'll be at SHU next week, but I wouldn't know her from a hole in the wall if she were sitting in the stands.)

Espinoza-Hunter, in the article, said she "didn't mind distance", and USC also has a Blair Academy alumna/UConn transfer (Sadie Edwards), but I doubt she'd go that far. I was thinking more along the lines of Syracuse or Rutgers, but who knows?

Calvert is a solidly midwest/southwest chick and I can see her more or less staying in that area. I'm guessing her departure may have more to do with the realignment of the coaching staff at Texas Tech than anything else. Possibly she wasn't happy with Shimmy and Sheryl.

PostPosted: 01/14/18 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Espinoza-Hunter, in the article, said she "didn't mind distance", and USC also has a Blair Academy alumna/UConn transfer (Sadie Edwards), but I doubt she'd go that far. I was thinking more along the lines of Syracuse or Rutgers, but who knows?

Calvert is a solidly midwest/southwest chick and I can see her more or less staying in that area. I'm guessing her departure may have more to do with the realignment of the coaching staff at Texas Tech than anything else. Possibly she wasn't happy with Shimmy and Sheryl.

To be honest I don't expect Calvert to play basketball anymore . I think she is done.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/14/18 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

allenleavell wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

To be honest I don't expect Calvert to play basketball anymore . I think she is done.

What leads you to that conclusion? If you recall, she was done pretty dirty at Kansas, and then right after she became eligible at Texas Tech, they blew up the coaching staff. Neither of those things were her fault.

PostPosted: 01/16/18 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FGCU adds William & Mary transfer Tyra Cox.

PostPosted: 01/17/18 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
She had a medical issues ,the NCAA will allow her to play next year.
The reason I think Calvert is done. She will probaly go overseas instead waiting another year to play in college.I think she want to be a lawyer also

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 01/17/18 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

allenleavell wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
The reason I think Calvert is done. She will probaly go overseas instead waiting another year to play in college.I think she want to be a lawyer also

With how the waivers have been giving out lately, I wouldn’t be surprised is she is eligible to play next year.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/17/18 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
allenleavell wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

With how the waivers have been giving out lately, I wouldn’t be surprised is she is eligible to play next year.

CAA person here (where W&M is located)--and IIRC, she either redshirted or was close to redshirt eligibility this year with injury. No reason she shouldn't be eligible immediately next year. Don't be too snarky, it could be someone transferring to DePaul next time. Wink

PostPosted: 01/18/18 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
allenleavell wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

CAA person here (where W&M is located)--and IIRC, she either redshirted or was close to redshirt eligibility this year with injury. No reason she shouldn't be eligible immediately next year. Don't be too snarky, it could be someone transferring to DePaul next time. Wink
Oh I wasn’t being snarky! I was referring to Calvert. I actually think she has a legit reason more than most. Calvert transferred to Tech and within a few weeks the head coach was fired. I was just saying of the waivers that have been given lately, I think she’d be eligible. I don’t think she’s going over seas just yet. And hey we got a grad transfer in Rebekah Dahlman, although she’s been out since the first game with a hand injury. She would have brought a lot to the team this year.

allenleavell

PostPosted: 01/18/18 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
allenleavell wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Think about this Calvert may have that option.
Oh I wasn’t being snarky! I was referring to Calvert. I actually think she has a legit reason more than most. Calvert transferred to Tech and within a few weeks the head coach was fired. I was just saying of the waivers that have been given lately, I think she’d be eligible. I don’t think she’s going over seas just yet. And hey we got a grad transfer in Rebekah Dahlman, although she’s been out since the first game with a hand injury. She would have brought a lot to the team this year.

Calvert is a 2014 .I don't think she want to wait to see what Big Brother NCAA has to rule.
@summertime I know you a nurse so If you knew why she had to transfer. U would be like wow.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/19/18 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

allenleavell wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
allenleavell wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Think about this Calvert may have that option.

Calvert is a 2014 .I don't think she want to wait to see what Big Brother NCAA has to rule.
@summertime I know you a nurse so If you knew why she had to transfer. U would be like wow.

Did you guys miss the emoji? I"m so sorry I couldn't make it BIGGER. Geez.
Rolling Eyes
That's an *eyeroll* for those who can't read emojis.

PostPosted: 01/21/18 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For Oregon, Lexi Bando did play in Fridays game at OSU

"Oregon (17-3, 6-1) played without senior guard Lexi Bando, who is out indefinitely with a left leg injury"

http://www.oregonlive.com/pac-12/index.ssf/2018/01/beavers_hold_off_ducks_to_extend_civil_war_winning.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/22/18 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Donnaizha Fountain (team-high 15.5 points, 7.4 rebounds) is no longer with Seton Hall.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/23/18 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Had not seen this anywhere , but Tynice Martin of WVU had a successful surgery. She has officially redshirted and will need 6 weeks to recover! #GetWellSoonTy

PostPosted: 01/24/18 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Had not seen this anywhere , but Tynice Martin of WVU had a successful surgery. She has officially redshirted and will need 6 weeks to recover! #GetWellSoonTy

She had surgery for that foot injury back in August and has now had a re-operation. That's a long haul. I hope she is able to make a full recovery.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 02/06/18 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Andra Espinoza-Hunter transfers to Mississippi St. Great get for the Bulldogs.

https://twitter.com/DraHunter2/status/961041018274623488

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 02/06/18 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AEH transfers from UCONN to MIssissippi State

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 02/06/18 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:

Hope she lands on her feet there as she had a rough couple of months at UCONN. Good luck Andra.

PostPosted: 02/07/18 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:

Hope she lands on her feet there as she had a rough couple of months at UCONN. Good luck Andra.

I think she will be fine with Vic. He is a different kind of coach and will take his time with her.

PostPosted: 02/07/18 3:30 pm    ::: Duke's Haley Gorecki to miss rest of season Reply Reply with quote

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211696308&DB_OEM_ID=4200

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 02/07/18 3:50 pm    ::: Re: Duke's Haley Gorecki to miss rest of season Reply Reply with quote

greatgator wrote:
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211696308&DB_OEM_ID=4200

Poor Haley hasn't had a complete season yet in 3 years. At least she has 2 years of eligibility remaining. Heal that hip, Haley!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: