RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Misc. games 1/6 - 1/12/18
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/06/18 2:50 pm    ::: Misc. games 1/6 - 1/12/18 Reply Reply with quote

Is Queenie at the SLU@Fordham Game?

If so, and is on the bench side in the lower seats, should be pretty easy to spot among the other 25 fans.

Exciting back-and-forth game. SLU leads 63-60 w/3 minutes to go. SLU has been making 3s from everywhere - banking them in, eight feet behind the arc shots, just about everything.

Interesting hair style on Cavanaugh. Not sure I've seen exactly that before.

Last edited by ArtBest23 on 01/07/18 8:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/06/18 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

28 seconds, Fordham with 1 pt lead, SLU with the ball, 7 seconds to go SLU gets a pretty clean layup attempt and misses it.

Fordham ends up winning 66-63.

Notably, SLU didn't score in the final 3 minutes. Not exactly the way you want to close out a game.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/06/18 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mercer Bears completed a sweep of their South Carolina road trip with an 86-64 win at Furman. Keke Calloway hit 12 threes en route to 40 points for the Bears.

PostPosted: 01/06/18 4:24 pm    ::: Re: Misc. games 1/6 - 1/1/12 Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

I think she mentioned going to Iona-Quinn. If so, suspect she'll be sorry.

- Amanda Gorman
Queenie

PostPosted: 01/06/18 4:27 pm    ::: Re: Misc. games 1/6 - 1/1/12 Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

I think she mentioned going to Iona-Quinn. If so, suspect she'll be sorry.

When you have an opportunity to watch a train wreck run into a double-team, why *wouldn't* you take the opportunity to watch a train wreck? Admittedly, Iona's problems are exacerbated by Tori Lesko's injury (looks like an ankle- crutches but no cast, so she might be back soon) and Treyanna Clay looking like she's playing through a bad hamstring.

But it's a bad, bad sign for a team when the most vocal player is the one who's no longer on the roster. I don't know why Philecia Atkins-Gilmore (you may remember her from the NCAA tournament game where she hit ALL the threes) is no longer on the roster, but somehow she still believes in this goddamn team, and if Phee believes in this goddamn team I believe in her.

(now with spelling variations)
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/06/18 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guess I can delete the recording. Was saving it just so I could see you after you said where you were sitting. ☺

You missed a good game. And a win.

No trouble getting a good seat, that's for sure. Cold weather effect I assume.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/06/18 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the record, the Iona game was such a train wreck that there was a fire at 57th/7th and a passenger on the tracks at Flushing Avenue, and I'm still trying to get home.

I get it, universe. I should have gone to Fordham.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/07/18 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Butler moves to 3-1 in BE play with a 66-48 win over Seton Hall today.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/07/18 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meanwhile in Indianapolis Butler just might be putting the pieces together this year, or Seton Hall has lost their wheels, as the Pirates go down 66-48.

St. John's hasn't fucked it up yet at Xavier. The day is young.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/07/18 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Meanwhile in Indianapolis Butler just might be putting the pieces together this year, or Seton Hall has lost their wheels, as the Pirates go down 66-48.

St. John's hasn't fucked it up yet at Xavier. The day is young.

And I have to miss the MU-Butler game too - bummer Sad.

Good luck to St. John's - I see they have a 5 point lead heading into the final quarter.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/07/18 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wake Forest beats Miami in Miami.

LitePal

PostPosted: 01/07/18 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

USC comes back from 17 down to get their first conference win against OSU, 65-61. Their close game against Oregon suggests they're considerably tougher than originally believed and OSU's weekend shows they are considerably weaker than originally believed. No guard play at all and no answer to defensive pressure.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/07/18 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU beat Drexel at the Convo Center 56-48 this afternoon. Hailee Barron was top scorer with 14, going 4 for 7 from behind the arc. JMU also had a bit of a block party with 6, but they spread them around so Devon Merritt had the high with 2. And the pep band wasn’t back from Texas yet, so we had to make do with an ad hoc group that didn’t make the trip with them...the guitarist, bass player, a trumpeter, a sax player, and a drummer...but while they lacked numbers they didn’t lack their usual sarcasm!

PostPosted: 01/10/18 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pray for me. I'm courtside at the Fordham-Davidson field trip game. If you're bored and it's streaming and you see someone with a clipboard and a Monty Python shirt, O HAI IT ME. This has all the earmarks of a terrible horrible no-good very bad idea.

If you are watching the stream and don't see me, either you are blind, my protective camouflage has kicked in, or I expressed my opinion to the ref a little too strongly and am no longer courtside at the Fordham-Davidson game.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/10/18 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pleased to report no one got thrown out, including me. It got chippy at the end, but at least Fordham got the win, 66-58. Bre Cavanaugh stepped up big again.

For the record, I wasn't the one referring to officiating decisions as shite calls. I make a point of not swearing at games. That was the Kiwi next to me.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/12/18 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good news, everyone! You don't have to worry about Bryan Enterline calling your game tonight.

Because he's here.

Calling St. John's and Georgetown.

Oh, fuck me.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/12/18 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Game of runs here at Carnesecca. It was 17-6 St. John's after the first quarter, then Georgetown cut it to 20-18 STJ, and we're currently at 33-18 STJ at half.

I really hope that touch pass from Tiana England to Qadashah Hoppie is on the Red Storm's Twitter feed for sharing. (Awesome- looks like they have the whole sequence: https://twitter.com/StJohnsWBB/status/951978103991144450 )

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/12/18 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watching Butler at Marquette. The announcers are about 10 seconds ahead of the picture. That way you can get ready for whatever's about to happen... Confused

- Amanda Gorman
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/12/18 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Watching Butler at Marquette. The announcers are about 10 seconds ahead of the picture. That way you can get ready for whatever's about to happen... Confused

And the stats are ahead of the video so I keep checking ahead and getting mad Sad. I couldn't make it to this one and maybe it's better that way - not looking very good for MU - I was afraid of this.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/12/18 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know what's up with Georgetown. Adomako DNP and Burton lost her mind at the end of the second quarter and never seemed to find it- fouled on a three heave at the end of the half, then was third man in during an exchange of pleasantries between Maya Singleton and Dionna White, and was perforce ejected from the game.

St. John's took the win, 64-41.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/12/18 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I don't know what's up with Georgetown. Adomako DNP and Burton lost her mind at the end of the second quarter and never seemed to find it- fouled on a three heave at the end of the half, then was third man in during an exchange of pleasantries between Maya Singleton and Dionna White, and was perforce ejected from the game.

St. John's took the win, 64-41.

Congrats to St. John's on the win.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/12/18 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone know what happened to Marquette's Erika Davenport? I wasn't able to watch the game until part way through the third quarter and all I know is she is injured Sad.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/12/18 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to Marquette's Erika Davenport? I wasn't able to watch the game until part way through the third quarter and all I know is she is injured Sad.

she flew into the sidelines diving after a ball in the first half. I couldn't tell what she injured, but went to the locker room immediately.

- Amanda Gorman
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/12/18 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Better to be lucky than good I guess - Marquette totally escapes in this one. I feel bad for Butler's Tori Schickel - she got the rebound off a Marquette miss late and heard the horn thinking it was for the end of the game. But the horn was actually for the shot clock and there was still time left. They called a travel on her and MU got the ball with .08 seconds to go in a tie game. MU gets the ball to Allazia Blockton under the hoop and she puts it up right away for the 69-67 win.

I'm not feeling real good after this one though as I'm worried Erika Davenport's injury is pretty bad. That would be a major loss for Marquette.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/12/18 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

she flew into the sidelines diving after a ball in the first half. I couldn't tell what she injured, but went to the locker room immediately.

Thanks for the update. I read a tweet later saying fans sitting near where she went out of bounds called for the training staff right away. I'm worried at this point but I guess there's nothing I can do about it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: