2018 Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/29/17 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
I'll start the rumor mill, Cappie will not be in a Sky jersey in 2018. Very Happy

Doesn't/wouldn't surprise me at all. Quigley finally took her job last season, and I don't see either side of the equation being excited at the prospect of Cappie being her overpaid backup. Especially considering at least one of their lottery-pick rookies is likely to be needing those same perimeter wing minutes.

True. I heard LA or Indiana, don't know how much merit it has though.

It's hard to see what she brings to Indiana. Their best position is 2, and they do not need a high priced vet on a team that is in serious rebuild mode - especially if they give a spot to Bonner.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/29/17 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
I'll start the rumor mill, Cappie will not be in a Sky jersey in 2018. Very Happy

It kind of started about 2 weeks ago with the Internship then the official Move a few days ago . Its pretty obvious where she wants to go , but can they get her ? Id bet an ugly penny they can Cool

PostPosted: 12/29/17 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Doesn't/wouldn't surprise me at all. Quigley finally took her job last season, and I don't see either side of the equation being excited at the prospect of Cappie being her overpaid backup. Especially considering at least one of their lottery-pick rookies is likely to be needing those same perimeter wing minutes.

True. I heard LA or Indiana, don't know how much merit it has though.

It's hard to see what she brings to Indiana. Their best position is 2, and they do not need a high priced vet on a team that is in serious rebuild mode - especially if they give a spot to Bonner.

Or Kelsey / Diamond

PostPosted: 12/30/17 12:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They could just give Pondexter Carson's money (Essence is also an UFA), or trade R. Williams. I could see R. Williams to PX for Cannon maybe, or A. Prince and a 2nd rounder, or something like R. Williams and #11 for #8 if it is mainly to save some salary cap.

Gray/#8 (Canada, L. Brown, Nurse)
Sims/Pondexter
Beard/Weise
Ogwumike/TJJ
Parker/Lavender

Sims and Pondexter can also back up the PG spot so Agler wouldn't have to use the rookie that much

or could use #8 on Billings if you want a little more banging down low, or if you want to keep Carson instead of TJJ.

2nd round pick, waiver wire or barely used International to fill out the roster

Richyyy

PostPosted: 12/30/17 1:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just to mention, we're at the stage now where both teams and players/agents will start to wonder whether they actually want max years on new contracts. The mutual CBA opt-out option is after the 2019 season, and invariably one side or the other is upset enough with the status-quo to activate it. So teams might be wary of giving out 3 or 4-year max deals, in case a new CBA makes the cap maths tighter; and top players might not want to sign for more than two in case a new CBA opens things up for them to be paid significantly more.

So we could see a lot of two-year contracts (not that the teams are ever open about how long the deals are anyway).

PostPosted: 12/31/17 6:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Just to mention, we're at the stage now where both teams and players/agents will start to wonder whether they actually want max years on new contracts. The mutual CBA opt-out option is after the 2019 season, and invariably one side or the other is upset enough with the status-quo to activate it. So teams might be wary of giving out 3 or 4-year max deals, in case a new CBA makes the cap maths tighter; and top players might not want to sign for more than two in case a new CBA opens things up for them to be paid significantly more.

So we could see a lot of two-year contracts (not that the teams are ever open about how long the deals are anyway).

A team must really love a player to sign her to a contract that is over two years in length if that player is over thirty years old.

PostPosted: 12/31/17 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I were CON, I'd sign the over-thirty Allie Quigley to a 2-year contract... Idea

Shades

PostPosted: 12/31/17 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
If I were CON, I'd sign the over-thirty Allie Quigley to a 2-year contract... Idea

Why leave Slooty and a team you finally earned a starting spot for a team where a starting spot wouldn't be necessarily guaranteed. I think she feels comfy right where she's at.

If she went anywhere else, I think it'd be Pokeyland to play for the coach that first believed in her.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 12/31/17 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Quigmire seemed happy getting 6th woman awards over the years - probably is not all that hung up on best a starter. Question is why wouldn't the Sky offer her the same thing, or better?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 12/31/17 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Never mind just offering her a similar contract; I'd say there's a decent chance that Chicago core Quigley to prevent anyone else even having a shot.

PostPosted: 01/08/18 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marine Johannès, French player soon turning 23. Probably not tough enough to play in the W, but she seems to have a nice collection of skills. Might be worth an invite.

https://scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/a4f7861cee01e545f441a765ab365ee9/5A56609E/t50.2886-16/26261615_1767824773230556_6634893424141488524_n.mp4

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
5thmantheme

PostPosted: 01/12/18 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any hints or rumors, like :
Langhorne to the Merc or Lynx ?
Paris to the Sparks or Storm ?
Dupree and Bonner reunited ?

etc

Question

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/12/18 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've heard something of the nature of Lang & Currie speaking in reference to a reunion ! Cool

PostPosted: 01/12/18 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd love to hear that Charles signed a multi-year extension with the Liberty!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/12/18 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'd love to hear that Charles signed a multi-year extension with the Liberty!

Id love to hear Charles leaving NY to sign multi-year with the Wings ! Cool Smile

PostPosted: 01/12/18 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:
Any hints or rumors, like :
Langhorne to the Merc or Lynx ?
Paris to the Sparks or Storm ?
Dupree and Bonner reunited ?

etc

Question

It's been frustratingly silent. Curt Miller hinted that Alyssa Thomas would have any offer matched which is close to "water is wet" status. An article on Sancho Lyttle suggested that she was waiting to see which teams wanted her services.

Randy

PostPosted: 01/12/18 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do you have a link on that. I'd like to see it, though it doesn't surprise me.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/12/18 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For what it's worth, players aren't officially allowed to start negotiating anything until January 15th. Hence a lack of things happening is what we should be seeing. Officially.

PostPosted: 01/12/18 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
For what it's worth, players aren't officially allowed to start negotiating anything until January 15th. Hence a lack of things happening is what we should be seeing. Officially.

It's the unofficial stuff that has been quiet. Last year I'd already known about Dupree being on the block and all the details of the Delle Donne trade were known to a lot of folks. Pretty quiet all around. Might just mean that new coaches don't talk as much and also that all the big names will re-sign with existing teams.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/15/18 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

official list on .com

http://www.wnba.com/core-reserved-restricted-unrestricted-2018/

toad455

PostPosted: 01/15/18 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UFAs (*LAS= LA Sparks, LAV= Las Vegas Aces):
Danielle Adams - doubtful she's in shape, doesn't get signed.
Matee Ajavon - signs with ATL
Alana Beard - unless she's retired, signs with LAS
Jessica Breland - stays with CHI
Rebekkah Brunson - stays with MIN
Monique Currie - retired
Ha Eun Joo - really?
Sandrine Gruda - only LAS would sign her if she plays.
Allison Hightower - could be a decent back-up SF with WAS, ATL
Zofia Hruscakova - nope.
Tiffany Jackson-Jones - Agler should keep her over Gruda.
Shenise Johnson - I'd bet she goes elsewhere, possibly PHX or NYL.
Lynetta Kizer - could go elsewhere with Ogwumike back, possibly SEA or MIN
Ivory Latta - stays with WAS
Camille Little - stays with PHX
Sancho Lyttle - goes elsewhere, possibly MIN, SEA or WAS
Alex Montgomery - likely stays with LAV
Renee Montgomery - stays with MIN
Aneka Morello - stays with ATL
Shay Murphy - doubtful to sign anywhere, 2017 was a bust.
Emmeline Ndongue - really?
Courtney Paris - stays with DAL, even if Cambage comes over.
Kayla Pedersen - can only see her staying in CON if they need her.
Jia Perkins - retired?
Plenette Pierson - retired
Jeanette Pohlen-Mavunga - rotation guard with an injury history, someone will bring her in.
Cappie Pondexter - rumors are she wants out of CHI, maybe to LAS of Beard retires?
Noelle Quinn - can only see SEA taking her back.
Jennie Simms - ehhh
Shekinna Stricklen - stays with CON
Carolyn Swords - wasteful in SEA, maybe Laimbeer brings her LAV? or she goes back to NYL?
Diandra Tchatchouang - really?
Kia Vaughn - if Swords comes back to NYL, she's gone. Maybe IND, SEA or MIN?
Tanisha Wright - retired
Tamera Young - stays in ATL

pilight

PostPosted: 01/15/18 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why would Tiff Jackson go back to LA? Agler demonstrated clearly that he has no faith in her during the playoffs.

PostPosted: 01/15/18 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pretty much the list is as expected, with a few changes. Guess the talk about Langhorne being a UFA was just wrong - she's cored again.

Ajavon and Morello, if they do come back should be training camp contracts. We don't really need Young, but it's not like FA players have ever been interested in playing for the Dream so maybe they will sign her. I also could see Sancho moving on, esp. if the Dream can get a good replacement - Breland seems like the BPA for that position.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/15/18 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Pretty much the list is as expected, with a few changes. Guess the talk about Langhorne being a UFA was just wrong - she's cored again.

Ajavon and Morello, if they do come back should be training camp contracts. We don't really need Young, but it's not like FA players have ever been interested in playing for the Dream so maybe they will sign her. I also could see Sancho moving on, esp. if the Dream can get a good replacement - Breland seems like the BPA for that position.

New coach who seems pretty popular with the people in the league; maybe it's a new era.

Randy

PostPosted: 01/15/18 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We can hope. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 3 of 23

Jump to: