RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

A new low for Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8669



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/18 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So - on the one hand you deny he said it and on the other you want people to answer the question he asked when he said it.

So I will - why can't we get people from Norway - they probably wouldn't want to come here.

As for the notion that the opposition should get over it - when did the Trump crowd ever get over Obama? Never - they claimed he was not an American. When did the GOP ever get over Clinton - never they impeached him.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57601
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/18 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Would anyone like to answer the President's question as to why they only want the poor and downtrodden from these countries to come to the USA?


Because charity to the needy is a Christian virtue and we are supposedly a Christian nation.

One who is gracious to a poor man lends to the Lord, And He will repay him for his good deed.



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 394
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/18 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
Would anyone like to answer the President's question as to why they only want the poor and downtrodden from these countries to come to the USA?


Because charity to the needy is a Christian virtue and we are supposedly a Christian nation.

One who is gracious to a poor man lends to the Lord, And He will repay him for his good deed.


What about those who are here breaking their backs every day who are already struggling to put food on the table? We're just supposed to take on every other countries' problems at the expense of the working poor? Don't we already have enough poor people who need to be lifted out of poverty? Shouldn't the American poor be a priority? Don't we have separation of Church and State? The Democrats who brought this DACA bill before the President certainly think so. I know they don't care about Christian values that's for sure. Only selective morality when it benefits them politically.

Even IF he said this (maybe he did, maybe he didn't), why would Dick Durbin go to the press about it? To divide the nation? To embolden our enemies?


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57601
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/18 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
Would anyone like to answer the President's question as to why they only want the poor and downtrodden from these countries to come to the USA?


Because charity to the needy is a Christian virtue and we are supposedly a Christian nation.

One who is gracious to a poor man lends to the Lord, And He will repay him for his good deed.


What about those who are here breaking their backs every day who are already struggling to put food on the table? We're just supposed to take on every other countries' problems at the expense of the working poor? Don't we already have enough poor people who need to be lifted out of poverty? Shouldn't the American poor be a priority?


We should do more for our own poor as well. The USA is the wealthiest nation on Earth. We can afford to help.



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5102
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/18 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This incident reflects one thing that is seriously wrong with our culture, our politics and our media -- a hysterical focus on one noun used by one person in days of meetings on an immigration bill that is of vital importance to this nation. No analytical reporting on the substance of the bill, or on its hugely important economic effects, but just politically motivated clickbait derangement about the use of one vulgar noun.

And an accurately descriptive noun, at that.

Virtually everyone I know has described being in restaurants, basketball gyms, bars, homes, neighborhoods, towns, cities and countries that they have called shitholes or something equivalent. These people were not being racist or xenophobic, but truthful and accurate.

So, so shocking that vulgarity is used to describe various people, places and things in meetings of business men and women, soldiers, Indian chiefs, lawyers, doctors, teachers, athletes, coaches, butchers, bakers, candlestick makers, your family, my family -- and, who knew, politicians too. WOW, WHAT NEWS!!!

The fact is that many of our Presidents have been world-class vulgarians, famously including the military ones, Truman and LBJ. It's just that the press once had the good judgment and taste not to report such irrelevant trivialities. They reported on substantive news.

If Trump said this in front of left wing Democrats, even in private, he was foolish. But the substance of what he was referring to is crucially important to U.S. immigration policy:

Should the U.S be soliciting legal immigrants from among the billions and billions of impoverished, uneducated, illiterate, innumerate, and unskilled people in the world, or should we have a selective legal immigration policy that admits into the U.S. only those people who can contribute quickly to the U.S. GDP rather than to the national debt.

The answer to this question, for any rational person of any political persuasion, should be obvious. The U.S. doesn't need any more bodies to fill up the empty wild west. We can't be the savior for every shit-out-of-luck illiterate in every shithole gin joint in the world. We have enough poverty, illiteracy, innumeracy, and joblessness among our own citizenry. We don't need to import more.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 8987



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/18 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n0y4eJ6N6wQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0y4eJ6N6wQ



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 8987



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/18 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O9Q1YrEKwPI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9Q1YrEKwPI



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16473
Location: cidade maravilhosa


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/18 4:10 pm    ::: Re: A new low for Trump Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Today, addressing immigration, he referred to Haiti and all of Africa as "shithole nations" and said once people from Nigeria come here, they're never going to go "back to their huts".

And this is the President of the United States talking like this.

And the White House is defending him as "standing up for Americans".https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-referred-haiti-african-countries-shithole-nations-n836946

Thank you for the rumor mill-based "unknown sources" to gin up a bunch of false outrage over something the President may or may not have said.

I'm sure if one of your people said (or "reportedly" said) this you'd be on here crapping your pants about it.


well, you can just put a sock in it because others are confirming what he said, including mr. noncommital, paul ryan, and even trump himself is giving ground on his own denial.

you can spin it all you want. it's all still just a pile of turds.



_________________
no justice, no peace.
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16473
Location: cidade maravilhosa


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/18 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

people from countries like norway have universal health care, free higher education, maternal and paternal leave (with job protection), governments that want to protect people and the environment . . . they don't wanna come to a shithole country like the united states.



_________________
no justice, no peace.
Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 394
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/18 4:30 pm    ::: Re: A new low for Trump Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Today, addressing immigration, he referred to Haiti and all of Africa as "shithole nations" and said once people from Nigeria come here, they're never going to go "back to their huts".

And this is the President of the United States talking like this.

And the White House is defending him as "standing up for Americans".https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-referred-haiti-african-countries-shithole-nations-n836946

Thank you for the rumor mill-based "unknown sources" to gin up a bunch of false outrage over something the President may or may not have said.

I'm sure if one of your people said (or "reportedly" said) this you'd be on here crapping your pants about it.


well, you can just put a sock in it because others are confirming what he said, including mr. noncommital, paul ryan, and even trump himself is giving ground on his own denial.

you can spin it all you want. it's all still just a pile of turds.

About the "shithole" part or the part about people "going back to their huts?" Because I'm not hearing anything about the latter from anyone. And as far as Paul Ryan is concerned, he "read about it" later that night. Which really doesn't confirm anything.


Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 8987



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/18 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Overt racism, foolish racism or tone deaf racism. It's still racism.




_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 394
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/18 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
Would anyone like to answer the President's question as to why they only want the poor and downtrodden from these countries to come to the USA?


Because charity to the needy is a Christian virtue and we are supposedly a Christian nation.

One who is gracious to a poor man lends to the Lord, And He will repay him for his good deed.


What about those who are here breaking their backs every day who are already struggling to put food on the table? We're just supposed to take on every other countries' problems at the expense of the working poor? Don't we already have enough poor people who need to be lifted out of poverty? Shouldn't the American poor be a priority?


We should do more for our own poor as well. The USA is the wealthiest nation on Earth. We can afford to help.

"We" can afford to help is a matter of personal opinion. By "we" I assume you mean "everyone else" or are you implying that you personally would like to contribute more of own your money to the poor?

Not everyone can afford to help. And we cannot afford to be the dumping ground for the rest of the world.

I don't have a problem with poor immigrants coming here as long as they are coming to make a better life for themselves by working to achieve their dreams. If they're coming here to bleed the system, they can go back to their proverbial huts. That is, of course, unless you (not "we") are willing to bankroll that kind of lifestyle.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57601
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/18 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
Would anyone like to answer the President's question as to why they only want the poor and downtrodden from these countries to come to the USA?


Because charity to the needy is a Christian virtue and we are supposedly a Christian nation.

One who is gracious to a poor man lends to the Lord, And He will repay him for his good deed.


What about those who are here breaking their backs every day who are already struggling to put food on the table? We're just supposed to take on every other countries' problems at the expense of the working poor? Don't we already have enough poor people who need to be lifted out of poverty? Shouldn't the American poor be a priority?


We should do more for our own poor as well. The USA is the wealthiest nation on Earth. We can afford to help.

"We" can afford to help is a matter of personal opinion. By "we" I assume you mean "everyone else" or are you implying that you personally would like to contribute more of own your money to the poor?

Not everyone can afford to help. And we cannot afford to be the dumping ground for the rest of the world.

I don't have a problem with poor immigrants coming here as long as they are coming to make a better life for themselves by working to achieve their dreams. If they're coming here to bleed the system, they can go back to their proverbial huts. That is, of course, unless you (not "we") are willing to bankroll that kind of lifestyle.


Expected a selfish answer, was not disappointed.



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6866



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/18 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
This incident reflects one thing that is seriously wrong with our culture, our politics and our media -- a hysterical focus on one noun used by one person in days of meetings on an immigration bill that is of vital importance to this nation. No analytical reporting on the substance of the bill, or on its hugely important economic effects, but just politically motivated clickbait derangement about the use of one vulgar noun.

And an accurately descriptive noun, at that.


Not that it changes anything, but they are reporting it as an adjective for the noun "countries".


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6866



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/18 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
randomly,

love me some ana navarro. she never holds back. bless her heart.

i'd rather gag myself with a fork, knife and spoon all at once than listen to chris cuomo for one second.

so some folks'll say trump's only being real, saying aloud what others are thinking. ok, then let's get all the way real and round up everyone who wasn't born here and send them away en masse, like the nazis did with another group of outcasts. let's see how the well-to-do fare. and let's see how willing trump would be to pay fair wages to a bunch of norwegians to work at his florida properties, instead of the haitians he has there now working for slave wages.


Not wanting immigration doesn't mean that all the foreign-born will be sent home. It could mean that the illegal foreign-born are sent home, but they have so much love at this point that a ticker tape parade to their amnesty ceremony is more likely.

If you think about what you wrote, you are admitting that the millions of never ending immigrants keeps rich folks from paying "fair wages" to American workers (not "bunch of Norwegians).


sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16473
Location: cidade maravilhosa


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/18 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
sambista wrote:
randomly,

love me some ana navarro. she never holds back. bless her heart.

i'd rather gag myself with a fork, knife and spoon all at once than listen to chris cuomo for one second.

so some folks'll say trump's only being real, saying aloud what others are thinking. ok, then let's get all the way real and round up everyone who wasn't born here and send them away en masse, like the nazis did with another group of outcasts. let's see how the well-to-do fare. and let's see how willing trump would be to pay fair wages to a bunch of norwegians to work at his florida properties, instead of the haitians he has there now working for slave wages.


Not wanting immigration doesn't mean that all the foreign-born will be sent home. It could mean that the illegal foreign-born are sent home, but they have so much love at this point that a ticker tape parade to their amnesty ceremony is more likely.

tell that to the haitians and salvadoreans on their way out now. he'll be trying to kick out puerto ricans, too, until someone reminds him they're americans.


tfan wrote:
If you think about what you wrote, you are admitting that the millions of never ending immigrants keeps rich folks from paying "fair wages" to American workers (not "bunch of Norwegians").

not admitting anything, but the two aren't mutually exclusive.



_________________
no justice, no peace.
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6866



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/18 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

tell that to the haitians and salvadoreans on their way out now. he'll be trying to kick out puerto ricans, too, until someone reminds him they're americans.


The Haitians and Salvadoreans are exactly that - Haitians and Salvadoreans. The US government prior to Trump that took them in never gave them permanent citizenship for some reason and subsequent administrations/Congress prior to Trump also chose not to give them permanent citizenship.


sambista wrote:


tfan wrote:
If you think about what you wrote, you are admitting that the millions of never ending immigrants keeps rich folks from paying "fair wages" to American workers (not "bunch of Norwegians").

not admitting anything, but the two aren't mutually exclusive.


Keeping wages low for the rich to pay less, and keeping wages high for the poor to earn more are mutually exclusive. Economists will claim that immigration has no impact on wages and the rich happily quote them. Which means we can stop immigration (including illegal immigration) and the rich won't have to pay a penny more for workers. Let's force them to stand by their baloney and prevent the further escalation of housing costs, the further clogging of our roads, the further crowding of our schools etc.




Last edited by tfan on 01/13/18 1:54 am; edited 3 times in total
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10984
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/18 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"new low".

Laughing



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6549
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/18 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
"new low".

Laughing


hold my beer:

Porn Star Who Claimed Encounter With Trump Received Hush Money, Wall Street Journal Reports
Quote:


https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/12/us/trump-stephanie-clifford-stormy-daniels.html?_r=0



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11251
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart), whilst on my way to Oregon!


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/13/18 2:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
This incident reflects one thing that is seriously wrong with our culture, our politics and our media -- a hysterical focus on one noun used by one person in days of meetings on an immigration bill that is of vital importance to this nation. No analytical reporting on the substance of the bill, or on its hugely important economic effects, but just politically motivated clickbait derangement about the use of one vulgar noun.

If only it WERE just "one vulgar noun". It's more than that: it's yet another weighty straw on the Camel's Back of decency. It's more proof of his ignorance of history and a humanitarian crisis white people have contributed to, historically. YOU should know better, Glenn....you're educated. But The Idiot continues to assault the decency of our nation's guiding principles and ethics with his Rich White Man's morality.

(Golden State's) David West took the opportunity to enlighten the mental midgets among us with a retrospective that includes an historical accounting delineating just HOW "shitholes" came to exist.

From the perspective of those who purport to avow "Christian Values" in our "Christian Democracy", I'd suggest taking the billions the 1% elite will garner in our new Tax Proposal, and give it freely to the citizenry of all Shitholes United. It's what Jesus would do.



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners! Oregon: Go Ducks!
Richard 77



Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 3845
Location: Lake Mills, Wisconsin


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/13/18 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To get respect, you have to earn respect. I can't respect this president.



_________________
If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 19628



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/13/18 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The “pretty Korean lady” who was actually a CIA analyst assigned to briefing him. Or, as I like to think of it, this morning.


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6866



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/14/18 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:

hold my beer:

Porn Star Who Claimed Encounter With Trump Received Hush Money, Wall Street Journal Reports
Quote:


https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/12/us/trump-stephanie-clifford-stormy-daniels.html?_r=0


After reporting this on SNL Weekend Update, Colin Jost says "Let me just say what a thrill it is to be alive at a time where 'Pornstar Blackmails President' is like the 4th biggest story of the week. At this rate in a year from now we are gonna see the headline 'Trump Found With Dead Hooker' right next to the crossword puzzle."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8EQAwrDwE6Y" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>


bballgrl



Joined: 15 Sep 2007
Posts: 3380



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/14/18 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:
To get respect, you have to earn respect. I can't respect this president.


Nor can I! I have NEVER heard a president use the foul language he uses over and over. To make matters worse he lies and says he didn't say the things we all heard him say! He is a disgrace to this country except for his base!


Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 8987



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/15/18 10:18 pm    ::: Re: A new low for Trump Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q-RrjriSt3M" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-RrjriSt3M



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin