RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

I'd wet my pants if....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDHoops

PostPosted: 01/12/18 12:43 am    ::: I'd wet my pants if.... Reply Reply with quote

UConn and Tennessee met up at the Final Four. Wouldn't it be something, ten years to the year they stopped playing (2007-08 was the first year since 1995 they didn't meet up in the regular season, nor in the tourney). I honestly thought they wouldn't have a prayer at the NCAA tourney this season, let alone the big one..yet watching them makes me more of a believer that it isn't too far fetched. ESPN would also wet their pants in excitement and and and. I'm still hoping that Mitchell will make the Final Four in her college's hometown. A fella can dream!

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 01/12/18 1:08 am    ::: Re: I'd wet my pants if.... Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
UConn and Tennessee met up at the Final Four. Wouldn't it be something, ten years to the year they stopped playing (2007-08 was the first year since 1995 they didn't meet up in the regular season, nor in the tourney). I honestly thought they wouldn't have a prayer at the NCAA tourney this season, let alone the big one..yet watching them makes me more of a believer that it isn't too far fetched. ESPN would also wet their pants in excitement and and and. I'm still hoping that Mitchell will make the Final Four in her college's hometown. A fella can dream!

Ohio State ain't going nowhere with that coach. He's on a very short list of coaches worse than JPM at Duke.

~rAf
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/12/18 2:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like to see UConn and UTK play again, but it wouldn't be anything like the old days. The big draws in their games from 1995 to 2008 were Pat vs. Geno -- the established founding titan vs. the brash newcomer genius -- plus two teams that were both dominant and close in talent in most years.

Since 2008, Pat has departed, UTK has gone into an extended diminution in market power, UConn has gone on an extended increase in power, there has been an obvious talent gap between the two teams even though they haven't played, and attendance has fallen at both schools from their historically high levels.

That said, the LVs probably have their best team since 2008 and are certainly candidates to make the Final Four. My first instinct is that UConn would probably win by double digits, but if Russell and Green can bottle up UConn's posts in the paint and if the LVs can hit a bunch of three's while UConn goes cold, it could be a very close game.
calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/12/18 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd rather see them play in Albany. Tennessee is not going to be a 1 seed and there have been enough years that have gone by that the Vols should be put in with UConn. Whether they actually play will depend upon UTK beating a team like Florida St or Ohio St.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/12/18 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not gonna happen this year....at least I don't think so. UT has some players that need some seasoning on them. Westbrook is still playing too fast for her feet (JMU has a player that did that as a freshman, but she's conquered it, mostly) and it would take a miracle of bracketing for that to happen. I suppose it COULD, though. I'd love it for Nared especially.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: