RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Notre Dame at Louisville 1/11/2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/11/18 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't focus on the fact that ND doesn't have a point guard, and that will continue to haunt them. But still, this was the greatest slaughter of the Irish since Oliver Cromwell in 1650.

It just seemed the Cards were better at every position, every skill, head coach, game plan assistant coach, conditioning coach, fans, announcer and refs.

It was a lov-er-ly basketball exhibition. No one could have beat the Cardinals tonight.
linkster

PostPosted: 01/11/18 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Being short-handed may become an issue as the season progresses but tonight Louisville's bench played 41 minutes to 38 for the Irish. If fatigue was a factor for them tonight then the issue is conditioning.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/11/18 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Being short-handed may become an issue as the season progresses but tonight Louisville's bench played 41 minutes to 38 for the Irish. If fatigue was a factor for them tonight then the issue is conditioning.

Minutes don't tell the story. ND has one reserve 5 and one reserve 4. And zero reserve guards or wings. So Shepard and Westbeld got rests from Nelson and Patterson, but Young played 40 minutes.

But then you probably knew all that before you posted.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/11/18 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:
This is just wild. I watched them against GT in which they only won by 3 and they look like a completely different team

I mean, really. They only beat Duke by 6. Virginia Tech by 11....and Notre Dame by 33--wtf??? Shocked

I'm not the closest observer of Walz and his L-ville career, but from what I have seen, this is definitely his finest team.

PostPosted: 01/11/18 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

I mean, really. They only beat Duke by 6. Virginia Tech by 11....and Notre Dame by 33--wtf??? Shocked .

If you're looking at how this fits with their other performances, those aren't the strangest. Two weeks ago they beat GaTech by 3. A week later ND beat GaTech by 23. Both games in Atlanta.

But then again, they didn't shoot 70% in that game.

linkster

PostPosted: 01/12/18 1:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tenn couldn't pick a worse time to be going into Purcell.

It was enough that ND has the memory of their 4th period cllapse from last season but now they have this embarrassment. I don't think the BC game will help heal anything.

Last edited by linkster on 01/12/18 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
CBiebel

PostPosted: 01/12/18 1:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My take on this is that Louisville just came out and played their A++++ game, and ND...didn't.

Yes, ND has a lot of injuries, they haven't adjusted to the last injury, they don't really have a PG, etc., but IMO Louisville was just having one of those games where every player plays their best game. Even if ND was 100% healthy, I think it would be doubtful they would have been within 10 points of Louisville with the Cardinals being on such a hot streak during the game. Hell, I think they would have beaten UConn by at least 10 points the way they played tonight.

If Louisville can turn it on like that in certain key games (ie. UConn and in the FF games), they could very well finish undefeated. Of course, that's if they can do that. Teams often play up and down. It's hard to keep the top level of play consistently.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 01/12/18 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing The Cards just had a practice game, were they actually playing against another team because it sure didn't look like it. There is a difference between showing up and actually playing, actually I don't think the Irish showed up maybe they were in some kind of time warp where they were frozen and couldn't move.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/12/18 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
So why exactly is Durr the featured player of the game? Ogunbowale has a higher scoring average, more assists, a lot more rebounds, more steals, fewer turnovers.

Probably more important to the game, though, is that ND has three other players averaging in double figures, while Louisville has one other. Louisville obviously has a longer bench.

After Durr's performance last night, it is understandable. She was dominant, and Ogunbowale had a terrible game.

That being said, Notre Dame is a MUCH, MUCH better team than what came through last night. And Louisville was on fire, in a way that they have not been all season against an opponent the quality of ND with a great Xs and Os coach like Muffet McGraw.

I suspect the likely eventual mathcup in the ACC Tournament championship game will have a very different result.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 01/12/18 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree Cam, this game was such an anomaly. I also think Hines-Allen is the reason for the difficulty for the Irish along with the other role players who worked their butts off on both ends of the floor, at least the Cards had 4 players playing defense as opposed to none.

ewecon

PostPosted: 01/17/18 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Way to run the score up, Walz. Classy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: