RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Notre Dame at Louisville 1/11/2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
tfan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
I assume Walz takes out the starters at the media time out? I mean, the game is well in hand. I would hate to see an injury happen to a starter at this point.

The idea of benching your starters during a blowout is frowned upon by coaches these days.

Well then Muffet should put in all her walk-ons and shame Walz into it. She certainly doesn't need anyone to get injured at this point.

Oh boy...looks like he took them out. Guess he hadn't gotten the memo that he shouldn't do it.

Muffet put in one walk-on put she should have put in at least 2. Can't put in all 3 because then there is no wing.

linkster

PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Walz is publically berating his subs in front of all the fans with an insurmountable lead ??????????????????????

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, first time in 19 years that the Irish have allowed a 100 points. It took an offensively unconscious shooting team to do it.

PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Louisville. You completely destroyed the Irish. Muffet and ND have a bunch of disgusting tape to digest.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just wow, someone help me out here, they let 2 players beat you and where are the adjustments. Why did they start in a zone which basically was a “I am just gonna stand and not move”, it’s just so unlike Muffet. I get the short bench but that doesn’t mean don’t play D, don’t hustle etc I am just baffled.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Wow, first time in 19 years that the Irish have allowed a 100 points. It took an offensively unconscious shooting team to do it.

Thanks, but the defense wasn't good enough, either. Louisville played very, very well. ND didn't step up.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Walz is publically berating his subs in front of all the fans with an insurmountable lead ??????????????????????

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

i'd wager he missed it.

PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. Unbelievable game for Louisville. Go Cards!

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Just wow, someone help me out here, they let 2 players beat you and where are the adjustments. Why did they start in a zone which basically was a “I am just gonna stand and not move”, it’s just so unlike Muffet. I get the short bench but that doesn’t mean don’t play D, don’t hustle etc I am just baffled.

I'm sure that Muffet is baffled as well. ND's defense wasn't good, but Louisville was hitting everything! They were 11/17 from 3, and some were the circus variety. Did you see that 3 by Durr at 3rd quarter buzzer?

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:

Congrats. You guys played super well!

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there an argument that Louisville should be ranked No. 1?

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That’s not what beat you, the wide open shots beat you over and over again.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Probably, in Lou.

PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Why did they start in a zone which basically was a “I am just gonna stand and not move”, it’s just so unlike Muffet.

They have played 100% zone since Thompson was lost. They have zero reserve guards. They play zone so they can make it through 40 minutes.

Take Samuelson, Dangerfield, Stevens and Walker off of Connecticut for the year and see where they would be. And even without those four they'd have a lot deeper bench than ND has.

They'd have to make adjustments in their play that they'd prefer not to make just like ND has has to do.

It was going to catch up with them at some point.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

No way. They can prove that in a few weeks when they play UConn.

UConn has done nothing to lose their spot.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/11/18 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:
Why did they start in a zone which basically was a “I am just gonna stand and not move”, it’s just so unlike Muffet.

They have played 100% zone since Thompson was lost. They have zero reserve guards. They play zone so they can make it through 40 minutes.

Take Samuelson, Dangerfield, Stevens and Walker off of Connecticut for the year and see where they would be. And even without those four they'd have a lot deeper bench than ND has.

They'd have to make adjustments in their play that they'd prefer not to make just like ND has has to do.

Probably not the best analogy. ND is missing one starter (Turner) and then the 6, 7, and 8 players. It would be as if UConn lost Lou (or Gabby), Azure, Megan Walker, and Mikayla Coombs.

AAOK423

PostPosted: 01/11/18 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:

Thanks! They definatley played over their heads and ND definatly didn't play as well as they normally do. Hope to see these two teams meet in the ACC tournament. I suspect it will be a much closer game!

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/11/18 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:

Thanks! They definatley played over their heads and ND definatly didn't play as well as they normally do. Hope to see these two teams meet in the ACC tournament. I suspect it will be a much closer game!

Not if play like you did tonight!

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 01/11/18 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Fighting Artichoke"][quote="ArtBest23"][quote="bballjunkie"] Why did they start in a zone which basically was a “I am just gonna stand and not move”, it’s just so unlike Muffet. [/quote]

[b]Take Samuelson, Dangerfield, Stevens and Walker off of Connecticut for the year and see where they would be. And even without those four they'd have a lot deeper bench than ND has.[/b]

It was going to catch up with them at some point.[/quote]

Probably not the best analogy. ND is missing one starter (Turner) and then the 6, 7, and 8 players. It would be as if UConn lost Lou (or Gabby), Azure, Megan Walker, and Mikayla Coombs.[/quote]

Thanks FA, you are always the voice of reason. I was just so surprised at the lack of hustle even in the zone.

linkster

PostPosted: 01/11/18 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McGraw should consider only playing 2 guards at a time.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/11/18 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

Probably not the best analogy. ND is missing one starter (Turner) and then the 6, 7, and 8 players. It would be as if UConn lost Lou (or Gabby), Azure, Megan Walker, and Mikayla Coombs.

Best player/all American plus part time starting point guard. There is no direct analogy to Thompson. On there other hand your throwing Coombs in there is completely out of left field. I think my four was a fair comparison.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 01/11/18 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

here's hoping the Cards shot their load

PostPosted: 01/11/18 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It seems as if a lot of the top teams are showing a wide performance range from game to game and a lot of it seems to depend on whether they are home or on the road. Tonight we saw both teams play at an extreme end of their capability.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/11/18 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duplicate

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 01/11/18 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No way LouConn goes before Durr next year in the Draft, she’s something special and really fun to watch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: