RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

7 Texas @ TCU 1/10/18
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5837



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interpretation:

pu·sil·lan·i·mous
[ˌpyo͞osəˈlanəməs]
ADJECTIVE
showing a lack of courage or determination; timid.
synonyms: timid · timorous · cowardly · fearful · faint-hearted · lily-livered · spineless · craven · shrinking · chicken · gutless · wimpy · wimpish · sissy · yellow · yellow-bellied

pif·fle
[ˈpifəl]
NOUN
informal
nonsense.
synonyms: rubbish · gibberish · claptrap · balderdash · blarney · hogwash · baloney · rot · moonshine · garbage · jive · tripe · drivel · bilge · bull · guff · bunk · bosh · BS · eyewash · piffle · [more]


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57524
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
The Big 12 is a legit P5 Conference


They did manage to creep back into 5th in Conference RPI. They're very close with the Big East and will continue vacillating between #5 and #6 depending on how their opponent records change.



_________________
Don't take no rhythm,
Don't take no style
Gotta thirst for killin',
Grab your vial
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11196
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart), whilst on my way to Oregon!


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:
The Big 12 is a legit P5 Conference


They did manage to creep back into 5th in Conference RPI. They're very close with the Big East and will continue vacillating between #5 and #6 depending on how their opponent records change.


Pilight's perspicacious ponderings portray my perspective precisely. Nothing pusillanimous nor piffle-ish about it: The Big 12 is one of the nation's best, considering the dozens of conferences out there. Cool

Pffft! Razz



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners! Oregon: Go Ducks!
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4850
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Completely inept, Helter skelter effort by Texas in final six seconds. TCU wins.

I think Aston wastes talent far more than McCallie ever has. What an inept offensive effort by Texas.


Aston is just smart enough to coach in a conference that masquerades as good rather than one that is actually good. It's all a matter of perspective ...


And she coaches in the state with by far the most high school talent, many of whom have been wearing orange since they were in the crib and are dying to get an offer from Texas. She can load up a roster with great talent and just turn them loose. She can win most games with an overwhelming talent advantage just by telling players like Atkins to "take the ball and score."

I'm not a big Mulkey fan, but Mulkey is a hugely better coach than Aston will ever be.


I don't know if Mulkey is that good a coach or not. It's hard to tell when she schedules so many cupcakes and has the big wins over them, but fails in the real crunch. Or maybe it's just her attitude that annoys the blazes out of me.

I have to admit to a sneaking fondness for the TCU coach and program. I keep expecting them to break out of the pack one of these days....



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14426
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Completely inept, Helter skelter effort by Texas in final six seconds. TCU wins.

I think Aston wastes talent far more than McCallie ever has. What an inept offensive effort by Texas.


Aston is just smart enough to coach in a conference that masquerades as good rather than one that is actually good. It's all a matter of perspective ...


And she coaches in the state with by far the most high school talent, many of whom have been wearing orange since they were in the crib and are dying to get an offer from Texas. She can load up a roster with great talent and just turn them loose. She can win most games with an overwhelming talent advantage just by telling players like Atkins to "take the ball and score."

I'm not a big Mulkey fan, but Mulkey is a hugely better coach than Aston will ever be.


I don't know if Mulkey is that good a coach or not. It's hard to tell when she schedules so many cupcakes and has the big wins over them, but fails in the real crunch. Or maybe it's just her attitude that annoys the blazes out of me.

I have to admit to a sneaking fondness for the TCU coach and program. I keep expecting them to break out of the pack one of these days....


Fails in the crunch to the tune of two national titles ...


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4850
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Completely inept, Helter skelter effort by Texas in final six seconds. TCU wins.

I think Aston wastes talent far more than McCallie ever has. What an inept offensive effort by Texas.


Aston is just smart enough to coach in a conference that masquerades as good rather than one that is actually good. It's all a matter of perspective ...


And she coaches in the state with by far the most high school talent, many of whom have been wearing orange since they were in the crib and are dying to get an offer from Texas. She can load up a roster with great talent and just turn them loose. She can win most games with an overwhelming talent advantage just by telling players like Atkins to "take the ball and score."

I'm not a big Mulkey fan, but Mulkey is a hugely better coach than Aston will ever be.


I don't know if Mulkey is that good a coach or not. It's hard to tell when she schedules so many cupcakes and has the big wins over them, but fails in the real crunch. Or maybe it's just her attitude that annoys the blazes out of me.

I have to admit to a sneaking fondness for the TCU coach and program. I keep expecting them to break out of the pack one of these days....


Fails in the crunch to the tune of two national titles ...


Been awhile. And that little tantrum where she threw off her jacket to reveal her underwear.....



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57524
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Completely inept, Helter skelter effort by Texas in final six seconds. TCU wins.

I think Aston wastes talent far more than McCallie ever has. What an inept offensive effort by Texas.


Aston is just smart enough to coach in a conference that masquerades as good rather than one that is actually good. It's all a matter of perspective ...


And she coaches in the state with by far the most high school talent, many of whom have been wearing orange since they were in the crib and are dying to get an offer from Texas. She can load up a roster with great talent and just turn them loose. She can win most games with an overwhelming talent advantage just by telling players like Atkins to "take the ball and score."

I'm not a big Mulkey fan, but Mulkey is a hugely better coach than Aston will ever be.


I don't know if Mulkey is that good a coach or not. It's hard to tell when she schedules so many cupcakes and has the big wins over them, but fails in the real crunch. Or maybe it's just her attitude that annoys the blazes out of me.

I have to admit to a sneaking fondness for the TCU coach and program. I keep expecting them to break out of the pack one of these days....


Fails in the crunch to the tune of two national titles ...


Been awhile. And that little tantrum where she threw off her jacket to reveal her underwear.....


Yeah, that was six whole years ago!



_________________
Don't take no rhythm,
Don't take no style
Gotta thirst for killin',
Grab your vial
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5082
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Mulkey is a hugely better coach than Aston will ever be.


But which one would be a more fun night club date, Kim or Karen?

Howee gets the final vote if he does it with alliteration.
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11196
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart), whilst on my way to Oregon!


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Mulkey is a hugely better coach than Aston will ever be.


But which one would be a more fun night club date, Kim or Karen?

Howee gets the final vote if he does it with alliteration.


"K"s aren't on my alliterative radar today, but....Kim would get my nod in this most hypothetical circumstance.



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners! Oregon: Go Ducks!
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin