RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Connecticut Sun 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
The troll is in full effect today I see.... Laughing Miller gets paid to sit behind a computer to scout, you just seem to have too much free time. There’s a difference.

Somebody else that gets it’ Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
I don't think Mr. Miller would disparage two computers at one time to watch games.

He better not hurt his computers' feelings. He needs those computers to gain WNBA knowledge.

dtsnms wrote:
HE'D GET PAID TO DO IT! That's the difference man, you think you know things because you do what you do. The man gets paid to do it. That alone makes him smarter than you Mr. Cellar Dwellar.

Your buddy Trump gets paid to be President. That doesn't mean he's particularly good at it or doesn't need a whole lot of help.

I never claimed he wasn't smart. If he's dialed into me, he's very smart. Maybe this year he won't make a bad call on a player like Akhator.

dtsnms wrote:
Dude, Sienko, Thibault, and now Miller have been trying to get Alba to come over since she was drafted.

You forgot Donovan, but you do seem to be in that boy's club.

dtsnms wrote:
If you really think that a superstar internationally needs another Spanish player for her to play where she wants to, you are again totally clueless. Alba does what Alba does because Alba wants to. And she doesn't want to come to the WNBA at this time

Yeah, and having a little extra incentive might make all the difference in getting her over the hump to coming over. It's a good idea. If nothing else has worked all these years it's definitely worth a shot. Common sense? I guess not.

Geno rostered Sims over a more deserving Diggins to help lure a resistant Griner to her first Team USA games. That's my call. It's always been my call. I'm sticking to it.

This portion is false , O & BG are not the perfect pair one would assume. Baylor connection means zilch here, guaranteed .

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
I don't think Mr. Miller would disparage two computers at one time to watch games.

He better not hurt his computers' feelings. He needs those computers to gain WNBA knowledge.

dtsnms wrote:
HE'D GET PAID TO DO IT! That's the difference man, you think you know things because you do what you do. The man gets paid to do it. That alone makes him smarter than you Mr. Cellar Dwellar.

Your buddy Trump gets paid to be President. That doesn't mean he's particularly good at it or doesn't need a whole lot of help.

I never claimed he wasn't smart. If he's dialed into me, he's very smart. Maybe this year he won't make a bad call on a player like Akhator.

dtsnms wrote:
Dude, Sienko, Thibault, and now Miller have been trying to get Alba to come over since she was drafted.

You forgot Donovan, but you do seem to be in that boy's club.

dtsnms wrote:
If you really think that a superstar internationally needs another Spanish player for her to play where she wants to, you are again totally clueless. Alba does what Alba does because Alba wants to. And she doesn't want to come to the WNBA at this time

Yeah, and having a little extra incentive might make all the difference in getting her over the hump to coming over. It's a good idea. If nothing else has worked all these years it's definitely worth a shot. Common sense? I guess not.

Geno rostered Sims over a more deserving Diggins to help lure a resistant Griner to her first Team USA games. That's my call. It's always been my call. I'm sticking to it.

This portion is false , O & BG are not the perfect pair one would assume. Baylor connection means zilch here, guaranteed .

Please! Facts interfere with...

#FakeNews from Mr. Shump

sigur3

PostPosted: 01/09/18 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

He's got all that and he still messed up on the point on Reeve that he brought up himself for some random reason. I'd be embarrassed. I guess he felt a need to put down Reeve?

I'm not embarrassed for him. Reeve came into a situation where she had practically everything she needed for a championship caliber team. Two key injuries in 2010 let them miss the playoffs and get that missing #1 pick. She keeps it a dynasty because she has a team that is willing to take less than max for the opportunity to get a ring. If all five of her starters got a pure max salary they would not have been able to afford Perkins, Montgomery, and Pierson on the bench to cover when injuries happened.

No mistake, she is a VERY good coach but Curt Miller did a lot more with a lot less in the same amount of years.

If only Reeve had been "very smart" and was as dialed into Shades as Shades thinks Miller is. That way, the Lynx would have traded for Zahui instead of an aging Fowles, and all these championship runs could have been avoided!

Shades

PostPosted: 01/09/18 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

This portion is false, O & BG are not the perfect pair one would assume. Baylor connection means zilch here, guaranteed

They were at the time, which was 2014. This is back when Glory and Griner were dating, so there were no battle lines drawn. Don't use current gossip as a gage.

How many people really think Sims was better than Diggins, who was the most improved player in the league.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/09/18 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

This portion is false, O & BG are not the perfect pair one would assume. Baylor connection means zilch here, guaranteed

They were at the time, which was 2014. This is back when Glory and Griner were dating, so there were no battle lines drawn. Don't use current gossip as a gage.

How many people really think Sims was better than Diggins, who was the most improved player in the league.

Woah woah , shades im not apart of the entourage after you im just stating facts. Everyone knows here in dallas and waco that BG and O have never really gotten along , BG and Glory were together and glory and O were friends. Of course they have common ground both playing at baylor , but im absolutely sure if you ask either side they both would defer to answer on personal feelings for each other. You should not create situations and use either player as your scapegoat , especially when the information is not first hand .

PostPosted: 01/09/18 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

lol. We always knew you hung out on L-Chat. This wasn't about those battle lines - they were not close even before then. As for Sims vs. Diggins, that the lack of facts I am talking about. It doesn't matter one bit how they were in the WNBA. All that matters was how they meshed with the existing team which you cannot possibly know about because you were not at the practices. dtsmts was, by the way. So, you take a complete assumption that Diggins > Sims in WNBA means Diggins > Sims in USA BB. Then you decide that there has to be a reason why and you just pull one out of thin air. Never mind that Griner had already participated in camp and had said she intended to go. Anyone can say anything they want but you haven't really shown that you have any sort of privileged knowledge to back it up.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/09/18 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only thing I want to say here atm is that if the 2 names are gong to be combined, surely Trades makes more sense than Shump, because it works contextually as well.

PostPosted: 01/09/18 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

He's got all that and he still messed up on the point on Reeve that he brought up himself for some random reason. I'd be embarrassed. I guess he felt a need to put down Reeve?

I'm not embarrassed for him. Reeve came into a situation where she had practically everything she needed for a championship caliber team. Two key injuries in 2010 let them miss the playoffs and get that missing #1 pick. She keeps it a dynasty because she has a team that is willing to take less than max for the opportunity to get a ring. If all five of her starters got a pure max salary they would not have been able to afford Perkins, Montgomery, and Pierson on the bench to cover when injuries happened.

No mistake, she is a VERY good coach but Curt Miller did a lot more with a lot less in the same amount of years.

If only Reeve had been "very smart" and was as dialed into Shades as Shades thinks Miller is. That way, the Lynx would have traded for Zahui instead of an aging Fowles, and all these championship runs could have been avoided!

Or seen Nina Davis and Reshanda Grey as high picks or any of the other things that he says that don't pan out. The difference is we all recognize that we as fans will have incorrect opinions at times and don't keep track of as much so we can point it out later.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/09/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
The only thing I want to say here atm is that if the 2 names are gong to be combined, surely Trades makes more sense than Shump, because it works contextually as well.

Oooh, trades is awesome. But it might get confused with Trader Bill. I just don't want us to drive away the biggest regular insider we have in dtsnms.

Randy

PostPosted: 01/09/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I prefer Tuck Frump but has nothing to do with anyone here.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/09/18 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I prefer Tuck Frump but has nothing to do with anyone here.

Indeed.

There are ways to dissect the message without disparaging the poster, tempting as it might be.

(now with spelling variations)
dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/09/18 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Oooh, trades is awesome. But it might get confused with Trader Bill. I just don't want us to drive away the biggest regular insider we have in dtsnms.

Trades it is! Who am I to disagree with a moderator? Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 01/09/18 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Woah woah , shades im not apart of the entourage after you

Yeah, it's pretty obvious the three twitter amigos are ganging up on me.

WNBA 09 wrote:
Everyone knows here in dallas and waco that BG and O have never really gotten along , BG and Glory were together and glory and O were friends. Of course they have common ground both playing at baylor , but im absolutely sure if you ask either side they both would defer to answer on personal feelings for each other. You should not create situations and use either player as your scapegoat , especially when the information is not first hand .

Did Geno know? Probably not.

Even if you don't believe Sims was used as a lure to Griner, that was just used as an illustration. It's a whole different argument that neither one of us need to get into here.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/09/18 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

WNBA 09 wrote:
Everyone knows here in dallas and waco that BG and O have never really gotten along , BG and Glory were together and glory and O were friends. Of course they have common ground both playing at baylor , but im absolutely sure if you ask either side they both would defer to answer on personal feelings for each other. You should not create situations and use either player as your scapegoat , especially when the information is not first hand .

Even if you don't believe Sims was used as a lure to Griner, that was just used as an illustration. It's a whole different argument that neither one of us need to get into here.

Trades playing the victim? Laughing more FakeNews

WNBA09, contrary to what some people may say, Sims played better defense and handled pressure on the ball better than Diggins in camp and scrimmage. That’s what they needed for that team.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/09/18 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey guys shades is valued on this board in my opinion. Soley one of the reasons i stay interested yes shades can be a bully sometimes but i can tell its nothing personal so lets give shades a break. Maybe lighten up a bit and allow others to also share their knowledge of the game also? I have a primary poster for valid information on each team and i look towards shades to dish the minny info as i do toad for NY or Queenie . DTNMS phoenix , Michelle To Seattle Randy To ATL ect... Pilight Is Our Lisa Borders Laughing At the end of the day were all just passionate fans wanting to be heard , but don't forget to listen also.

PostPosted: 01/09/18 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ahem. Seems like it's gotten pretty personal here. Perhaps we could get back to discussing the Sun?

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/09/18 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

WNBA 09 wrote:

Trades playing the victim? Laughing more FakeNews

WNBA09, contrary to what some people may say, Sims played better defense and handled pressure on the ball better than Diggins in camp and scrimmage. That’s what they needed for that team.

Yes i do agree . Simms was a better fit for what the team needed so it was understandable for me . Now if this were to happen today id be appalled #WFFL

PostPosted: 01/09/18 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Perhaps we could get back to discussing the Sun?

The Sun is the star at the center of the Solar System. It is a nearly perfect sphere of hot plasma, with internal convective motion that generates a magnetic field via a dynamo process. It is by far the most important source of energy for life on Earth. Its diameter is about 1.39 million kilometers, i.e. 109 times that of Earth, and its mass is about 330,000 times that of Earth, accounting for about 99.86% of the total mass of the Solar System. About three quarters of the Sun's mass consists of hydrogen (~73%); the rest is mostly helium (~25%), with much smaller quantities of heavier elements, including oxygen, carbon, neon, and iron.

PostPosted: 01/09/18 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:

The Sun is the star at the center of the Solar System. It is a nearly perfect sphere of hot plasma, with internal convective motion that generates a magnetic field via a dynamo process. It is by far the most important source of energy for life on Earth. Its diameter is about 1.39 million kilometers, i.e. 109 times that of Earth, and its mass is about 330,000 times that of Earth, accounting for about 99.86% of the total mass of the Solar System. About three quarters of the Sun's mass consists of hydrogen (~73%); the rest is mostly helium (~25%), with much smaller quantities of heavier elements, including oxygen, carbon, neon, and iron.

Ohhhh Lisa B. On The 1's & 2's Laughing Que The DJ !!!

PostPosted: 01/09/18 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:

But if you compare it's size to many of the other stars out there in universe land, it is tiny...so it's all in perspective.

- Amanda Gorman
Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/09/18 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

puppies and rainbows.

Last edited by Nerd2 on 01/09/18 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
bballjunkie

PostPosted: 01/09/18 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dang I really thought I had missed a bunch of info on the Suns and was really looking forward to reading but this is so unnecessary. We need to all support women’s basketball. Don’t make the W like the silly college jealousy. If we can’t support it, why should we expect others to.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/10/18 1:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would like NY (to exist) and poach UFA Stricklen.

She had her best season in the W last year and her outside shooting really helped the post combo of A. Thomas and J. Jones. She would fit nicely between the two headed two guard Prince/Rodgers and Charles. Conn having to move A. Thomas to the 3 spot at least some of the time to open up minutes for Chiney and a healthy Tuck, combined with the fact that I see them taking the 6 footer Nurse at #9 if she is still on the boardas another option for the SG/SF spot just might make Shekinna a low enough priority that the Liberty could take advantage of

It wouldn't be that super star move we really need but it might push the needle slightly further in our favor.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 01/10/18 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Dang I really thought I had missed a bunch of info on the Suns and was really looking forward to reading but this is so unnecessary. We need to all support women’s basketball. Don’t make the W like the silly college jealousy. If we can’t support it, why should we expect others to.

Same here. I saw ‘page 3’ and thought, wow something must be happening in CT, so I get excited, and click to read, and it’s nothing but f’ing garbage not related to the CT Sun at all.

Take your pissing battle somewhere else other than the Sun thread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13

Jump to: