RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Connecticut Sun 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/09/18 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sun still looking for that missing piece

http://www.theday.com/connecticut-sun/20180108/sun-still-looking-for-that-missing-piece

This article seems a little more informative than the last one.

Quote:
The Connecticut Sun, as presently constructed, are not a WNBA championship-caliber team.

Now if it were me saying that, a lapdog would be nipping at my heels.

Quote:
“I’m the first to know that we overachieved last year"

Naw, I'd put you around third.

Quote:
"we don’t have all the pieces that we need make a run at (defending championship) Minnesota (Lynx) or (runner-up) L.A. (Los Angeles Sparks),” Miller said Monday. “And we’re trying to add a few more of those pieces.”

They got plenty of pieces. The # of pieces isn't the problem. What are they going to do, replace Danielle Adams and Kayla Pedersen with other bench warmers and that makes them a contender?

Quote:
Connecticut also has four picks in April's draft (9th, 15th, 21st, and 33rd)

Quote:
“I feel optimistic that there’s going to be great news in February,” Miller said. “[Alyssa Thomas]’s a centerpiece for how we want to play.

Sounds like Chiney's no longer the centerpiece.

Quote:
Pedersen told the Sun after last season that she may, “chase some dreams and aspirations outside of hoops,” Miller said.

Hmm.... useful information. Sounds like she could be retiring.

Quote:
The Sun need a player who can get to the free throw line and would benefit from another 3-point shooter.

Banham used to do both in college, but you'd actually have to let her play to benefit from that.

Quote:
Miller said that Florida State guard Leticia Romero is “committed to come to training camp.”

Seems to conflict what was said in the previous article.

Quote:
Stricklen cut her season short in Turkey because of swelling in her Achilles and returned to the states to rehab. “She’s doing great,” Miller said. “There’s no issue.”

Quote:
Guard Alex Bentley has been out of action since December due to an ankle injury. Bentley was slowed last season after injuring her right ankle before training camp. Miller said she’s just about ready to return to play for Russia’s Nadezhda Orenburg

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/09/18 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Sounds like that hypocrite is more about the basement life than anybody here.

I've met him when he came to Seattle. 3 different times, in fact. I see pictures he posts from all the games and mentions by other people that he is there. I do not see any of that from any of the people here.
Shades wrote:

Hmm... I wonder where he got the idea to lure Torrens over with a fellow national team member? Although drafting Romero was a cheaper way to try to do it, it's also less effective since Romero is not prominent on the Spanish national team compared to say Anna Cruz.

So you make a crazy trade suggestion to get your beloved Banham on your team and it of course doesn't happen. Now you try to take credit for the idea AND admit it wasn't the same because Romero is not the same as Cruz.
Shades wrote:
The article talks about Chiney Ogwumike making good progress on her rehab, and how Alyssa Thomas is looking forward to building on last year's performance, but it avoids talking about the obvious question on how he's going to work them both into the starting lineup. I'm guessing he's not sure about that yet but is looking to stumble into whatever works, just like last year.

I am guessing that he has a plan and is afraid that you will steal his idea from him and sell it to the other teams in the league.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/09/18 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Couldn't agree more ... maybe the coffee was decaf instead of regular.

I don't know Clay, after the second post I think maybe decaf is needed... Laughing Laughing

Kind of a sad thing when a poster seems to honestly think his sad, ridiculous comments constitute something a real General Manager and coach would consider and want to "steal."

Sort of like the President Trump of the message board. Embarassed Embarassed

Pop quiz! Cheryl Reeve won how many COY awards by her second season as a head coach in the W? Right, less than Curt Miller.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/09/18 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Quote:
“I feel optimistic that there’s going to be great news in February,” Miller said. “[Alyssa Thomas]’s a centerpiece for how we want to play.

Sounds like Chiney's no longer the centerpiece.

Or he's trying to drop hints that Thomas is IMPORTANT and so WILL BE SIGNED.
Shades wrote:
Quote:
The Sun need a player who can get to the free throw line and would benefit from another 3-point shooter.

Banham used to do both in college, but you'd actually have to let her play to benefit from that.

Banham used to do both in college when facing Big Ten level defense. She has struggled to translate her game when faced with the better play of the WNBA.
Shades wrote:
Quote:
Miller said that Florida State guard Leticia Romero is “committed to come to training camp.”

Seems to conflict what was said in the previous article.

He tweeted out that the other article was wrong.

Let me know when you get your first COY award, Shades.

sigur3

PostPosted: 01/09/18 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:

Shades wrote:

Hmm... I wonder where he got the idea to lure Torrens over with a fellow national team member? Although drafting Romero was a cheaper way to try to do it, it's also less effective since Romero is not prominent on the Spanish national team compared to say Anna Cruz.

So you make a crazy trade suggestion to get your beloved Banham on your team and it of course doesn't happen. Now you try to take credit for the idea AND admit it wasn't the same because Romero is not the same as Cruz.

Wait until Miller's boss finds out he's been stealing ideas from anonymous users on an internet message board! Boy, he's going to be in trouble then! Laughing

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/09/18 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The player I wish well is Morgan Tuck. She's been putting up great numbers in China and if she could stay healthy, she'd be an upgrade from Shekinna Stricklen. Having a post combo of Jones, Thomas and Ogwumike would be really fun.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/09/18 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
The player I wish well is Morgan Tuck. She's been putting up great numbers in China and if she could stay healthy, she'd be an upgrade from Shekinna Stricklen. Having a post combo of Jones, Thomas and Ogwumike would be really fun.

x_____________

Shades

PostPosted: 01/09/18 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

I've met him when he came to Seattle. 3 different times, in fact. I see pictures he posts from all the games and mentions by other people that he is there. I do not see any of that from any of the people here.

Not sure what point you're struggling to make. Didn't you see the quote both Randy and I picked up on that he's got 2 computers going 7 days a week? That seems to be something he would disparage and therefore earning the hypocrite title. Ask Randy if you're confused.

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

The idea or concept was to lure Torrens over with a fellow national team member, and look what happened. Quite a coincidence. It wasn't a crazy idea, it was a crazy good concept. Brilliant. Now I'm not so sure Reeve is interested in Banham with Jones doing well. He may have missed the Anna Cruz train.

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:
The article talks about Chiney Ogwumike making good progress on her rehab, and how Alyssa Thomas is looking forward to building on last year's performance, but it avoids talking about the obvious question on how he's going to work them both into the starting lineup. I'm guessing he's not sure about that yet but is looking to stumble into whatever works, just like last year.

I am guessing that he has a plan and is afraid that you will steal his idea from him and sell it to the other teams in the league.

In other words, he has no idea.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/09/18 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Having a post combo of Jones, Thomas and Ogwumike would be really fun.

Post combo, hey? That means you have one of them coming off the bench. That would be fun to see. I hope he steals this idea.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/09/18 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Kind of a sad thing when a poster seems to honestly think his sad, ridiculous comments constitute something a real General Manager and coach would consider and want to "steal."

I'm sure it was just a coincidence, or maybe we're just on the same wavelength. How long has he been following the WNBA? Even Laimbeer isn't above picking minds on this board. Don't act like a newb is above it.

dtsnms wrote:
Pop quiz! Cheryl Reeve won how many COY awards by her second season as a head coach in the W? Right, less than Curt Miller.

She won in her second year, just like Miller. She also won a championship, so it was a little more deserving. Now you're feeling competitive with Reeve? That's a joke.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/09/18 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

I'm sure it was just a coincidence, or maybe we're just on the same wavelength. How long has he been following the WNBA? Even Laimbeer isn't above picking minds on this board. Don't act like a newb is above it.

dtsnms wrote:

She won in her second year, just like Miller. She also won a championship, so it was a little more deserving. Now you're feeling competitive with Reeve? That's a joke.

You really believe that? You are even more delusional than I thought. Thank you Mr. Trump-Shades, for giving us a good laugh this evening.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/09/18 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Not sure what point you're struggling to make. Didn't you see the quote both Randy and I picked up on that he's got 2 computers going 7 days a week? That seems to be something he would disparage and therefore earning the hypocrite title. Ask Randy if you're confused.

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

The idea or concept was to lure Torrens over with a fellow national team member, and look what happened. Quite a coincidence. It wasn't a crazy idea, it was a crazy good concept. Brilliant. Now I'm not so sure Reeve is interested in Banham with Jones doing well. He may have missed the Anna Cruz train.

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

In other words, he has no idea.

Mr. Shades-Trump, I don't think Mr. Miller would disparage two computers at one time to watch games...HE'D GET PAID TO DO IT! That's the difference man, you think you know things because you do what you do. The man gets paid to do it. That alone makes him smarter than you Mr. Cellar Dwellar.

Dude, Sienko, Thibault, and now Miller have been trying to get Alba to come over since she was drafted. If you really think that a superstar internationally needs another Spanish player for her to play where she wants to, you are again totally clueless. Alba does what Alba does because Alba wants to. And she doesn't want to come to the WNBA at this time

Now I think I hear your mother calling you for dinner. Put down the iPad, let Sarah Huckabee Sanders summarizes your rants, go upstairs, and go have your supper. And you better eat all your veggies or no games for you tonight.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 01/09/18 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Shades wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

dtsnms wrote:

You really believe that? You are even more delusional than I thought. Thank you Mr. Trump-Shades, for giving us a good laugh this evening.

You really believed this? Thanks for demonstrating your lack of WNBA knowledge. Why are you trying to associate me with Trump? Seems childish, like him. 70 year old child. Hmm....

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/09/18 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anything you say Mr Shump!

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

You really believed this? Thanks for demonstrating your lack of WNBA knowledge. Why are you trying to associate me with Trump? Seems childish, like him. 70 year old child. Hmm....

Let's have a contest. dtsnms can post pictures of all the people he interviews, his view of games from press row, and the pre- and post-game press conferences he attends to help him gain WNBA knowledge. Shades can post pics of the way HE gains WNBA knowledge. Let's see which one seems more of an insider's perspective and which one seems like a guy in his basement playing keyboard warrior.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Let's have a contest. dtsnms can post pictures of all the people he interviews, his view of games from press row, and the pre- and post-game press conferences he attends to help him gain WNBA knowledge. Shades can post pics of the way HE gains WNBA knowledge. Let's see which one seems more of an insider's perspective and which one seems like a guy in his basement playing keyboard warrior.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
I don't think Mr. Miller would disparage two computers at one time to watch games.

He better not hurt his computers' feelings. He needs those computers to gain WNBA knowledge.

dtsnms wrote:
HE'D GET PAID TO DO IT! That's the difference man, you think you know things because you do what you do. The man gets paid to do it. That alone makes him smarter than you Mr. Cellar Dwellar.

Your buddy Trump gets paid to be President. That doesn't mean he's particularly good at it or doesn't need a whole lot of help.

I never claimed he wasn't smart. If he's dialed into me, he's very smart. Maybe this year he won't make a bad call on a player like Akhator.

dtsnms wrote:
Dude, Sienko, Thibault, and now Miller have been trying to get Alba to come over since she was drafted.

You forgot Donovan, but you do seem to be in that boy's club.

dtsnms wrote:
If you really think that a superstar internationally needs another Spanish player for her to play where she wants to, you are again totally clueless. Alba does what Alba does because Alba wants to. And she doesn't want to come to the WNBA at this time

Yeah, and having a little extra incentive might make all the difference in getting her over the hump to coming over. It's a good idea. If nothing else has worked all these years it's definitely worth a shot. Common sense? I guess not.

Geno rostered Sims over a more deserving Diggins to help lure a resistant Griner to her first Team USA games. That's my call. It's always been my call. I'm sticking to it.

sigur3

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I never claimed he wasn't smart. If he's dialed into me, he's very smart.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Geno rostered Sims over a more deserving Diggins to help lure a resistant Griner to her first Team USA games. That's my call. It's always been my call. I'm sticking to it.

Your opinion. Not a single fact to back it up. Pity you were not able to attend any of the camps in Storrs to see the practices and gather any of those facts. Pretty sure dtsnms did.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Your opinion. Not a single fact to back it up. Pity you were not able to attend any of the camps in Storrs to see the practices and gather any of those facts. Pretty sure dtsnms did.

#FakeNews from Mr. Shump!

Shades

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

He's got all that and he still messed up on the point on Reeve that he brought up himself for some random reason. I'd be embarrassed. I guess he felt a need to put down Reeve?

What's with you and pictures? Barcoff takes pictures with all the players. The person running the Barcoff copycat site in a feeble attempt to run him out of business doesn't post pictures with players, and it's a ghost town. So I guess you're right. Barcoff has superior WNBA knowledge to the owner of that copycat site. We agree.

Last edited by Shades on 01/09/18 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

He's got all that and he still messed up on the point on Reeve that he brought up himself for some random reason. I'd be embarrassed. I guess he felt a need to put down Reeve?

What's with you and pictures? Barcoff takes pictures with all the players. The person running the Barcoff copycat site in a feeble attempt to run him out of business doesn't, and it's a ghost town. So I guess you're right. Barcoff has superior WNBA knowledge to the owner of that copycat site.

Which you know damn well is me because I already said so. I don't give a damn about likes or comments or followers. I just like sharing information. I don't even want Barcoff's followers because they mostly seem to be nasty. And at least Barcoff has pictures to show he attends games. You haven't shown the slightest hint that you are not in fact that guy in his basement.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

What's with you and pictures? Barcoff takes pictures with all the players. The person running the Barcoff copycat site in a feeble attempt to run him out of business doesn't, and it's a ghost town. So I guess you're right. Barcoff has superior WNBA knowledge to the owner of that copycat site.

More #FakeNews Mr Shump!

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I'm not embarrassed for him. Reeve came into a situation where she had practically everything she needed for a championship caliber team. Two key injuries in 2010 let them miss the playoffs and get that missing #1 pick. She keeps it a dynasty because she has a team that is willing to take less than max for the opportunity to get a ring. If all five of her starters got a pure max salary they would not have been able to afford Perkins, Montgomery, and Pierson on the bench to cover when injuries happened.

No mistake, she is a VERY good coach but Curt Miller did a lot more with a lot less in the same amount of years.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The troll is in full effect today I see.... Laughing Miller gets paid to sit behind a computer to scout, you just seem to have too much free time. There’s a difference.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13

Jump to: