RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Prahalis to retire?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18829



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/25/17 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Edit:Not gonna put that out there without facts.

A. It wouldn't help her or anyone really if I put it out there
B. Sometimes people tell me stuff and I respect that they told me in confidence and won't just post it on a message board for all to see
C. You probably wouldn't believe me anyway.

But I'll just say it was a very unfortunate thing that happened in Phoenix. If she had been drafted to another team I believe she'd be playing in the WNBA today. I can't believe there is not a place in the league for a player as good as her.

Oh well, so now there will be a lady coaching some kids in a gym in New York that could school most of the point guards in the "best league in the world" Laughing


Then why complain about a situation without receipts ? Not to say what your implying is untrue but seems a bit exaggerated without actually knowing what your referring to. Fact or Fiction


Blaming Phoenix is BS anyway, considering she also had chances in (from memory) NY, LA and ATL as well (definitely NY as I still remember Shades' way-off-the-mark Gloating Bill avatar) and she didn't survive for long at all in those places. All evidence points to her having an attitude that was out of proportion with her value.

If JJ is correct in claiming that her ability is that of a WNBA starter, then what does that say about the rest of the Prahalis "package" that her recent season was coming off the bench in Hungary and parting ways with her team at the start of the playoffs?
Yeah ... Phoenix's fault too I'm sure Rolling Eyes



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 12415



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/25/17 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I won't judge because I can't speak to her WNBA experience except to say she was cut four times. So while I know no dynamics she did have stints with different teams.

But...is she retiring from overseas play too? If so, her WNBA experience can't be associated with that. Unless I'm missing something. All in all, many players have fewer opportunities. And she was a somewhat flashy player, which I'd think should added to her appeal.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 6180
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/25/17 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

Blaming Phoenix is BS anyway, considering she also had chances in (from memory) NY, LA and ATL as well (definitely NY as I still remember Shades' way-off-the-mark Gloating Bill avatar) and she didn't survive for long at all in those places. All evidence points to her having an attitude that was out of proportion with her value.


Apparently this never happened though, and whoever thinks it did is insecure and obsessed. Weird!


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/25/17 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can we at least try to make this about the player? Please?



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
Jet Jaguar



Joined: 11 Feb 2014
Posts: 1111



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/25/17 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lots of players leave overseas teams for different reasons at different times and most of us are unaware of why. So I don't think her leaving Hungary early is any indication of anything. All her other overseas stints went fairly well, besides leaving Russia too midseason. I'd like to say that TRP comes off the bench too on that team. The team makeup and foreigner rules has a lot to do with that.

But whatever. She would have been great for the league. But I guess it just wasn't meant to be. If she's accepted it, so have I. Good news is you won't have to hear from my ass on here anymore. I'm done with the WNBA.

Peace....



_________________
Oderint dum metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/26/17 8:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Lots of players leave overseas teams for different reasons at different times and most of us are unaware of why. So I don't think her leaving Hungary early is any indication of anything. All her other overseas stints went fairly well, besides leaving Russia too midseason. I'd like to say that TRP comes off the bench too on that team. The team makeup and foreigner rules has a lot to do with that.

But whatever. She would have been great for the league. But I guess it just wasn't meant to be. If she's accepted it, so have I. Good news is you won't have to hear from my ass on here anymore. I'm done with the WNBA.

Peace....


I must say im sad to see you go my friend. I loved your prahalis to protect prahalis at any means necessary .
Wink



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49470



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/03/17 12:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Ward Melville appointment: Former Commack, Ohio State and WNBA player Sammy Prahalis is the new girls basketball coach at Ward Melville.

Prahalis played two years in the WNBA and four seasons in Europe. At age 27, she still had productive years ahead of her.

"I thought it was time," she told Newsday. "I didn't like going from country to country. I got tired of it. I'm very close to my family and I got tired of missing family stuff."

Prahalis scored 2,372 points from 2002-08 at Commack. She was first-team all-sate and the Gatorade player on the year for New York in 2008.


http://newyorksportswriters.org/blog/2017-09-02-capelli-sport-stadium-uprights-reportedly-stolen.shtml



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Jet Jaguar



Joined: 11 Feb 2014
Posts: 1111



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/03/17 5:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a full article:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/high-school/girls-basketball/sammy-prahalis-named-head-coach-at-ward-melville-1.14105758

I'm happy for her. Yeah she's tired of overseas, wasn't what she wanted, she wanted the WNBA. What she won't say is she's sick of the BS of the WNBA. I'm like 99% positive she was blackballed from the league. A player as skilled as her just does not not get camp invites. She's just too good of a player. I don't think any of the teams that picked her up in 2013/14 ever intended on using her, or they got the memo after they picked her up to not keep her. I almost guarantee she would have been one of the top 3 point guards in the WNBA, if not the best. She's that good. Such a shame. Talent gone to waste.

Oh well, again I'm happy for her. Since it was obvious she was persona non grata to WNBA teams, it's good she found something else she liked. I hope she's happy and is very successful as coach. She'll always be my favorite player and the most talented female point guard I've ever seen.



_________________
Oderint dum metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear
SDHoops



Joined: 09 Nov 2007
Posts: 773



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/03/17 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Jet Jaguar"]This is a full article:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/high-school/girls-basketball/sammy-prahalis-named-head-coach-at-ward-melville-1.14105758

I'm happy for her. Yeah she's tired of overseas, wasn't what she wanted, she wanted the WNBA. What she won't say is she's sick of the BS of the WNBA. I'm like 99% positive she was blackballed from the league. A player as skilled as her just does not not get camp invites. She's just too good of a player. I don't think any of the teams that picked her up in 2013/14 ever intended on using her, or they got the memo after they picked her up to not keep her. I almost guarantee she would have been one of the top 3 point guards in the WNBA, if not the best. She's that good. Such a shame. Talent gone to waste.

Oh well, again I'm happy for her. Since it was obvious she was persona non grata to WNBA teams, it's good she found something else she liked. I hope she's happy and is very successful as coach. She'll always be my favorite player and the most talented female point guard I've ever seen.[/quote
Not worth my, or any other posters, typing of fingers lol


Huskie



Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 1312
Location: Cloud Nine


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/03/17 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My first thought was how did this post from a couple years ago get resurrected?



_________________
See you in Minneapolis in 2018!
Jet Jaguar



Joined: 11 Feb 2014
Posts: 1111



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/03/17 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Not worth my, or any other posters, typing of fingers lol

And yet, here you are...



_________________
Oderint dum metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear
RP



Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 1224



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/03/17 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Parahalis!

Seriously, she was fun to watch at Ohio State.


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9319



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/03/17 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's unfortunate that Prahalis, for whatever reason, was unable to find a home in the WNBA, but it's great to see her give back to the sport by taking a high school coaching job.

Ward Melville was 21-8 last year, and loses four seniors, a not unusual number. (Like most New York schools, Ward Melville doesn't post statistics on MaxPreps, but does do a decent job of keeping its record up to date.)

It will be interesting to see how Prahalis adjusts to coaching girls who lack her talent and drive -- that's not to say some players won't have talent and some won't want to do well, but often elite players struggle to communicate with those who either can't do what came easily to the coach, or don't work as hard as the coach would like.

Hopefully, it works out for her and she enjoys this opportunity. I wish more ex-WNBA players would give back to the game in the same way.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Jet Jaguar



Joined: 11 Feb 2014
Posts: 1111



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/03/17 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
It's unfortunate that Prahalis, for whatever reason, was unable to find a home in the WNBA, but it's great to see her give back to the sport by taking a high school coaching job.

Ward Melville was 21-8 last year, and loses four seniors, a not unusual number. (Like most New York schools, Ward Melville doesn't post statistics on MaxPreps, but does do a decent job of keeping its record up to date.)

It will be interesting to see how Prahalis adjusts to coaching girls who lack her talent and drive -- that's not to say some players won't have talent and some won't want to do well, but often elite players struggle to communicate with those who either can't do what came easily to the coach, or don't work as hard as the coach would like.

Hopefully, it works out for her and she enjoys this opportunity. I wish more ex-WNBA players would give back to the game in the same way.

Nice post. Thank you.



_________________
Oderint dum metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear
scrappy



Joined: 18 May 2006
Posts: 1753



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/03/17 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

she's just another pro wnba bust. many college stars are pro busts. that's nothing new when media hype up a bunch of players with publicity but substance.



_________________
She's blonde, she can block. She is 6 foot five, she can deny. Though she is tall, she definitely can score. ya'al think she is quite nice, but on the court she can put up a fight.
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9319



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/03/17 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
she's just another pro wnba bust. many college stars are pro busts. that's nothing new when media hype up a bunch of players with publicity but substance.


And aside from annoying JJ, what was the point of your post?

And I would say going back to coach in high school counts as "substance." There's more to life than playing a game well.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49470



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/18 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ward Melville coach Sammy Prahalis ejected vs. Commack in her former gym

https://www.newsday.com/sports/high-school/girls-basketball/sammy-prahalis-ejected-in-her-former-gym-1.15765584

Quote:
Tensions ran high in Sammy Prahalis’ return to Commack, as the first-year Ward Melville girls basketball coach was ejected Tuesday night with two minutes left in the game after receiving her second technical foul for arguing with officials.





C'mon, Laimbeer.... hire Sammy as one of your assistants. The Aces need this kind of passion Razz



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/18 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Player goes back to old gym as a coach, gets passionate about wanting to win. Pretty flimsy reason for a post. Rolling Eyes


calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3126
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/07/18 1:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the post, Shades.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin