RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

So where are they going to find 64 teams?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linkster

PostPosted: 12/19/17 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:
It doesn't matter what the championship game is up against. The sports media is not going to spend any more time than they have to talking about WBB.

And yet, they will still give the women's championship more time than they do Wrestlemania.

There's a reason. And it's the same reason why Las Vegas doesn't take action on pro wrestling.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/03/18 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now that we're into conference season, I take back all the nice things I said about the Big East. It's not even that the good teams are beating each other up. The fact that Charlie Creme has four Big East teams in his bracketology is probably the biggest joke of this early going.

(now with spelling variations)
summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/03/18 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Now that we're into conference season, I take back all the nice things I said about the Big East. It's not even that the good teams are beating each other up. The fact that Charlie Creme has four Big East teams in his bracketology is probably the biggest joke of this early going.

I've always said Charlie Creme is an idiot. YMMV.

PostPosted: 01/03/18 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Yeah, but that kind of goes back to the original point. The reality is that they have to find 32 at large teams somewhere. You can't have every conference be a one bid conference. Conferences like the BE, A10, WCC etc that regularly provide some at large teams all stink year. But most of them have to get an at large bid or two to fill up the bracket. The BE will probably have two or three tourney teams. And none of the P5 conferences go 6 or 8 deep with decent teams to make up the difference either. They barely go four deep.

I think this year we won't be able to blame just the auto bids from low major conferences for producing the worst teams in the tournament. There are going to be some pretty bad at large teams too.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 01/03/18 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

How so? Though I supposed there could be five.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/04/18 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gonna do my first numbers based projection on Monday. Maybe that will increase the confusion.

PostPosted: 01/04/18 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Gonna do my first numbers based projection on Monday. Maybe that will increase the confusion.

Since my projection is better than yours, I'm doing mine too then Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: