RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

2018 Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/27/17 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Megdal's ranking of the top unrestricted free agents
https://summitthoops.com/2017/12/27/ranking-2018-wnba-unrestricted-free-agents/
(Sales pitches at the link)

1. Tina Charles
2017 notable stats: 25.7 defensive rebounding percentage, 10.8 turnover percentage, many others
Projected 2018 role: Superstar

2. Rebekkah Brunson
2017 notable stats: 34.8 percent from three, 22.0 defensive rebounding percentage
Projected 2018 role: Stretch four moving toward the Hall of Fame

3. Alana Beard
2017 notable stats: 55.1 true shooting percentage, 3.5 steal percentage
Projected 2018 role: Premature ender of opposing possessions
Quote:
Rumors of her retirement were unfounded, per a league source


4. Allie Quigley
2017 notable stats: 43 percent from three, 18.8 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Shooter, from anywhere, at anytime

5. Jessica Breland
2017 notable stats: 38.1 percent from three, 5.2 block percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting four

6. Candice Dupree
2017 notable stats: 18.0 PER, 20.1 defensive rebounding percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting wing

7. Crystal Langhorne
2017 notable stats: 67.1 true shooting percentage, 19.7 defensive rebounding percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting four/five
Quote:
The Storm cored her last season, and the smart money is on them doing so again.


8. Renee Montgomery
2017 notable stats: 23.0 assist percentage, 35.8 percent from three
Projected 2018 role: Backup point guard in Minnesota or starter elsewhere
Quote:
It is hard to imagine Minnesota letting Montgomery head elsewhere, so let’s just stipulate that she’d make an excellent starting point guard.


9. Shekinna Stricklen
2017 notable stats: 41 percent from three, 2.2 steal percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting wing

10. Tamera Young
2017 notable stats: 34.2 percent from three, 11.8 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation wing

11. Karima Christmas-Kelly
2017 notable stats: 53.6 true shooting percentage, 12.2 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting three

12. Shenise Johnson
2017 notable stats: 19.8 PER, 11.1 turnover percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting guard

13. Monique Currie
2017 notable stats: 17.2 PER, 39.8 percent from three, 18.3 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Big minutes at the wing

14. Sancho Lyttle
2017 notable stats: 23.3 defensive rebounding percentage, 2.8 steal percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation wing/big

15. Ivory Latta
2017 notable stats: 13.1 PER, 18.0 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation guard

16. Kia Vaughn
2017 notable stats: 54.5 true shooting percentage, 11.3 offensive rebounding percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation five

17. Courtney Paris
2017 notable stats: 18.9 defensive rebounding percentage, 3.1 block percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation five

18. Jeanette Pohlen-Mavunga
2017 notable stats: 38.5 percent from three
Projected 2018 role: Rotation wing

19. Danielle Adams
2017 notable stats: 38.7 percent from three, 3.7 block percentage
Projected 2018 role: Backup stretch five

Is Adams a "stretch five" because calling her a five is a stretch?

20. Cappie Pondexter
2017 notable stats: 23.9 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation guard


Honorary mentions
Tiffany Jackson-Jones
Kayla Pedersen
Sandrine Gruda
Erika de Souza
Lynetta Kizer
Aneika Henry-Morello
Shay Murphy
Matee Ajavon
Noelle Quinn
Alex Montgomery


Think its time Breland head to the bench . I personally have a hard time seeing a championship team win with Breland at the 4 . Me personally though so who knows Question



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
UK1996



Joined: 03 Sep 2015
Posts: 327



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Megdal's ranking of the top unrestricted free agents
https://summitthoops.com/2017/12/27/ranking-2018-wnba-unrestricted-free-agents/
(Sales pitches at the link)

1. Tina Charles
2017 notable stats: 25.7 defensive rebounding percentage, 10.8 turnover percentage, many others
Projected 2018 role: Superstar

2. Rebekkah Brunson
2017 notable stats: 34.8 percent from three, 22.0 defensive rebounding percentage
Projected 2018 role: Stretch four moving toward the Hall of Fame

3. Alana Beard
2017 notable stats: 55.1 true shooting percentage, 3.5 steal percentage
Projected 2018 role: Premature ender of opposing possessions
Quote:
Rumors of her retirement were unfounded, per a league source


4. Allie Quigley
2017 notable stats: 43 percent from three, 18.8 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Shooter, from anywhere, at anytime

5. Jessica Breland
2017 notable stats: 38.1 percent from three, 5.2 block percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting four

6. Candice Dupree
2017 notable stats: 18.0 PER, 20.1 defensive rebounding percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting wing

7. Crystal Langhorne
2017 notable stats: 67.1 true shooting percentage, 19.7 defensive rebounding percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting four/five
Quote:
The Storm cored her last season, and the smart money is on them doing so again.


8. Renee Montgomery
2017 notable stats: 23.0 assist percentage, 35.8 percent from three
Projected 2018 role: Backup point guard in Minnesota or starter elsewhere
Quote:
It is hard to imagine Minnesota letting Montgomery head elsewhere, so let’s just stipulate that she’d make an excellent starting point guard.


9. Shekinna Stricklen
2017 notable stats: 41 percent from three, 2.2 steal percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting wing

10. Tamera Young
2017 notable stats: 34.2 percent from three, 11.8 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation wing

11. Karima Christmas-Kelly
2017 notable stats: 53.6 true shooting percentage, 12.2 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting three

12. Shenise Johnson
2017 notable stats: 19.8 PER, 11.1 turnover percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting guard

13. Monique Currie
2017 notable stats: 17.2 PER, 39.8 percent from three, 18.3 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Big minutes at the wing

14. Sancho Lyttle
2017 notable stats: 23.3 defensive rebounding percentage, 2.8 steal percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation wing/big

15. Ivory Latta
2017 notable stats: 13.1 PER, 18.0 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation guard

16. Kia Vaughn
2017 notable stats: 54.5 true shooting percentage, 11.3 offensive rebounding percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation five

17. Courtney Paris
2017 notable stats: 18.9 defensive rebounding percentage, 3.1 block percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation five

18. Jeanette Pohlen-Mavunga
2017 notable stats: 38.5 percent from three
Projected 2018 role: Rotation wing

19. Danielle Adams
2017 notable stats: 38.7 percent from three, 3.7 block percentage
Projected 2018 role: Backup stretch five

Is Adams a "stretch five" because calling her a five is a stretch?

20. Cappie Pondexter
2017 notable stats: 23.9 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation guard


Honorary mentions
Tiffany Jackson-Jones
Kayla Pedersen
Sandrine Gruda
Erika de Souza
Lynetta Kizer
Aneika Henry-Morello
Shay Murphy
Matee Ajavon
Noelle Quinn
Alex Montgomery


Think its time Breland head to the bench . I personally have a hard time seeing a championship team win with Breland at the 4 . Me personally though so who knows Question

Breland’s biggest issue is consistency. She has great stretches and then disappears like she did in her all star season in 2014. I’m not sure who else could realistically start for the sky. I would really love to nab Howard from the Lynx, but I don’t see it happening. The only way we don’t start Breland is if we can package one or both of our picks for someone like Chiney, or GloJo. Maybe even possibly trade down and draft Billings.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Megdal's ranking of the top unrestricted free agents
https://summitthoops.com/2017/12/27/ranking-2018-wnba-unrestricted-free-agents/
(Sales pitches at the link)

1. Tina Charles
2017 notable stats: 25.7 defensive rebounding percentage, 10.8 turnover percentage, many others
Projected 2018 role: Superstar

2. Rebekkah Brunson
2017 notable stats: 34.8 percent from three, 22.0 defensive rebounding percentage
Projected 2018 role: Stretch four moving toward the Hall of Fame

3. Alana Beard
2017 notable stats: 55.1 true shooting percentage, 3.5 steal percentage
Projected 2018 role: Premature ender of opposing possessions
Quote:
Rumors of her retirement were unfounded, per a league source


4. Allie Quigley
2017 notable stats: 43 percent from three, 18.8 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Shooter, from anywhere, at anytime

5. Jessica Breland
2017 notable stats: 38.1 percent from three, 5.2 block percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting four

6. Candice Dupree
2017 notable stats: 18.0 PER, 20.1 defensive rebounding percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting wing

7. Crystal Langhorne
2017 notable stats: 67.1 true shooting percentage, 19.7 defensive rebounding percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting four/five
Quote:
The Storm cored her last season, and the smart money is on them doing so again.


8. Renee Montgomery
2017 notable stats: 23.0 assist percentage, 35.8 percent from three
Projected 2018 role: Backup point guard in Minnesota or starter elsewhere
Quote:
It is hard to imagine Minnesota letting Montgomery head elsewhere, so let’s just stipulate that she’d make an excellent starting point guard.


9. Shekinna Stricklen
2017 notable stats: 41 percent from three, 2.2 steal percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting wing

10. Tamera Young
2017 notable stats: 34.2 percent from three, 11.8 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation wing

11. Karima Christmas-Kelly
2017 notable stats: 53.6 true shooting percentage, 12.2 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting three

12. Shenise Johnson
2017 notable stats: 19.8 PER, 11.1 turnover percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting guard

13. Monique Currie
2017 notable stats: 17.2 PER, 39.8 percent from three, 18.3 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Big minutes at the wing

14. Sancho Lyttle
2017 notable stats: 23.3 defensive rebounding percentage, 2.8 steal percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation wing/big

15. Ivory Latta
2017 notable stats: 13.1 PER, 18.0 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation guard

16. Kia Vaughn
2017 notable stats: 54.5 true shooting percentage, 11.3 offensive rebounding percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation five

17. Courtney Paris
2017 notable stats: 18.9 defensive rebounding percentage, 3.1 block percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation five

18. Jeanette Pohlen-Mavunga
2017 notable stats: 38.5 percent from three
Projected 2018 role: Rotation wing

19. Danielle Adams
2017 notable stats: 38.7 percent from three, 3.7 block percentage
Projected 2018 role: Backup stretch five

Is Adams a "stretch five" because calling her a five is a stretch?

20. Cappie Pondexter
2017 notable stats: 23.9 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation guard


Honorary mentions
Tiffany Jackson-Jones
Kayla Pedersen
Sandrine Gruda
Erika de Souza
Lynetta Kizer
Aneika Henry-Morello
Shay Murphy
Matee Ajavon
Noelle Quinn
Alex Montgomery


Think its time Breland head to the bench . I personally have a hard time seeing a championship team win with Breland at the 4 . Me personally though so who knows Question

Breland’s biggest issue is consistency. She has great stretches and then disappears like she did in her all star season in 2014. I’m not sure who else could realistically start for the sky. I would really love to nab Howard from the Lynx, but I don’t see it happening. The only way we don’t start Breland is if we can package one or both of our picks for someone like Chiney, or GloJo. Maybe even possibly trade down and draft Billings.


Or Start Coates since it seems shes showing interest in the sky lately.

PG Slooty
SG - Copper or Pick #3
SF - Quigley (Hopefully) Or Pick #4
PF - Dolson
C - Coates



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Megdal's article is interesting because he says there is a "complete" list but then doesn't actually give us one. He gives the "best of the rest" honorable mentions but that statement implies that there is more to the rest. Then he goes through the top 20 click-through to pad his numbers. I know that local press reported four additional players as being free agents:

Camille Little
Jia Perkins
Carolyn Swords
Sancho Lyttle

Press could be wrong, of course.


stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6547
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can Chicago afford to retain all three, Cappie, Breland and Quiqley?



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20716
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Can Chicago afford to retain all three, Cappie, Breland and Quiqley?

There's only Sloot and Dolson (and T.Young, I guess, if she were to stick around) getting paid on that roster, so yeah. Dependent on whether they want to stay and what free agency moves they make, of course.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Can Chicago afford to retain all three, Cappie, Breland and Quiqley?


Cappie officially moved to LA yesterday "to Live " That is , and the Breland experiment could be done depending on who they draft with #3 & #4 . Id Make Quigley a priority to resign



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49472



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
stever wrote:
Can Chicago afford to retain all three, Cappie, Breland and Quiqley?

There's only Sloot and Dolson (and T.Young, I guess, if she were to stick around) getting paid on that roster, so yeah. Dependent on whether they want to stay and what free agency moves they make, of course.


Is "T. Young" code for Jordan Hooper?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49472



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
stever wrote:
Can Chicago afford to retain all three, Cappie, Breland and Quiqley?


Cappie officially moved to LA yesterday "to Live " That is , and the Breland experiment could be done depending on who they draft with #3 & #4 . Id Make Quigley a priority to resign


I dunno if Riquna Williams is under contract, but I bet Agler would rather have Cappie than Riquna.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8657



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Breland would be an upgrade for the Dream at the 4 position, and there may be other teams that could use her. So there should be some competition for her services.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17686



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But what can the Sparks afford if Beard returns? Could they afford Cappie even at a vet minimum?

PG: Gray/Sims
SG: Pondexter/Weise
SF: Beard/Carson/draft pick
PF: Parker/Gruda or Jackson-Jones
C: NOgwumike/Lavender



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8657



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
But what can the Sparks afford if Beard returns? Could they afford Cappie even at a vet minimum?

PG: Gray/Sims
SG: Pondexter/Weise
SF: Beard/Carson/draft pick
PF: Parker/Gruda or Jackson-Jones
C: NOgwumike/Lavender


Seems that the Sparks are stuck with R. Williams for 2018, so another obstacle to signing Cappie.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
But what can the Sparks afford if Beard returns? Could they afford Cappie even at a vet minimum?

PG: Gray/Sims
SG: Pondexter/Weise
SF: Beard/Carson/draft pick
PF: Parker/Gruda or Jackson-Jones
C: NOgwumike/Lavender


Seems that the Sparks are stuck with R. Williams for 2018, so another obstacle to signing Cappie.


Is there at least a bit of demand for riquana left ? I mean she is the WNBA's record holder for points in a game albeit 400 years ago now . Very Happy



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49472



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
But what can the Sparks afford if Beard returns? Could they afford Cappie even at a vet minimum?


You think Riquna doesn't make near max?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57585
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
But what can the Sparks afford if Beard returns? Could they afford Cappie even at a vet minimum?


The Sparks can always afford another player



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23320



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:


Is there at least a bit of demand for riquana left ? I mean she is the WNBA's record holder for points in a game albeit 400 years ago now . Very Happy


There are fewer running teams that don't give a shit about defense anymore. She would have fit in fine with some Atlanta teams of the past but don't know how all the staff changes will effect their philosophy.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
UK1996



Joined: 03 Sep 2015
Posts: 327



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Megdal's ranking of the top unrestricted free agents
https://summitthoops.com/2017/12/27/ranking-2018-wnba-unrestricted-free-agents/
(Sales pitches at the link)

1. Tina Charles
2017 notable stats: 25.7 defensive rebounding percentage, 10.8 turnover percentage, many others
Projected 2018 role: Superstar

2. Rebekkah Brunson
2017 notable stats: 34.8 percent from three, 22.0 defensive rebounding percentage
Projected 2018 role: Stretch four moving toward the Hall of Fame

3. Alana Beard
2017 notable stats: 55.1 true shooting percentage, 3.5 steal percentage
Projected 2018 role: Premature ender of opposing possessions
Quote:
Rumors of her retirement were unfounded, per a league source


4. Allie Quigley
2017 notable stats: 43 percent from three, 18.8 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Shooter, from anywhere, at anytime

5. Jessica Breland
2017 notable stats: 38.1 percent from three, 5.2 block percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting four

6. Candice Dupree
2017 notable stats: 18.0 PER, 20.1 defensive rebounding percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting wing

7. Crystal Langhorne
2017 notable stats: 67.1 true shooting percentage, 19.7 defensive rebounding percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting four/five
Quote:
The Storm cored her last season, and the smart money is on them doing so again.


8. Renee Montgomery
2017 notable stats: 23.0 assist percentage, 35.8 percent from three
Projected 2018 role: Backup point guard in Minnesota or starter elsewhere
Quote:
It is hard to imagine Minnesota letting Montgomery head elsewhere, so let’s just stipulate that she’d make an excellent starting point guard.


9. Shekinna Stricklen
2017 notable stats: 41 percent from three, 2.2 steal percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting wing

10. Tamera Young
2017 notable stats: 34.2 percent from three, 11.8 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation wing

11. Karima Christmas-Kelly
2017 notable stats: 53.6 true shooting percentage, 12.2 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting three

12. Shenise Johnson
2017 notable stats: 19.8 PER, 11.1 turnover percentage
Projected 2018 role: Starting guard

13. Monique Currie
2017 notable stats: 17.2 PER, 39.8 percent from three, 18.3 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Big minutes at the wing

14. Sancho Lyttle
2017 notable stats: 23.3 defensive rebounding percentage, 2.8 steal percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation wing/big

15. Ivory Latta
2017 notable stats: 13.1 PER, 18.0 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation guard

16. Kia Vaughn
2017 notable stats: 54.5 true shooting percentage, 11.3 offensive rebounding percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation five

17. Courtney Paris
2017 notable stats: 18.9 defensive rebounding percentage, 3.1 block percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation five

18. Jeanette Pohlen-Mavunga
2017 notable stats: 38.5 percent from three
Projected 2018 role: Rotation wing

19. Danielle Adams
2017 notable stats: 38.7 percent from three, 3.7 block percentage
Projected 2018 role: Backup stretch five

Is Adams a "stretch five" because calling her a five is a stretch?

20. Cappie Pondexter
2017 notable stats: 23.9 assist percentage
Projected 2018 role: Rotation guard


Honorary mentions
Tiffany Jackson-Jones
Kayla Pedersen
Sandrine Gruda
Erika de Souza
Lynetta Kizer
Aneika Henry-Morello
Shay Murphy
Matee Ajavon
Noelle Quinn
Alex Montgomery


Think its time Breland head to the bench . I personally have a hard time seeing a championship team win with Breland at the 4 . Me personally though so who knows Question

Breland’s biggest issue is consistency. She has great stretches and then disappears like she did in her all star season in 2014. I’m not sure who else could realistically start for the sky. I would really love to nab Howard from the Lynx, but I don’t see it happening. The only way we don’t start Breland is if we can package one or both of our picks for someone like Chiney, or GloJo. Maybe even possibly trade down and draft Billings.


Or Start Coates since it seems shes showing interest in the sky lately.

PG Slooty
SG - Copper or Pick #3
SF - Quigley (Hopefully) Or Pick #4
PF - Dolson
C - Coates

I don’t see Dolson or Coates effectively playing the 4 for long stretches. We would be better off keeping Breland. Coates is still a big unknown in the W. I think she will be better at stoke where she can come in rebound and defend.


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8657



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/29/17 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
But what can the Sparks afford if Beard returns? Could they afford Cappie even at a vet minimum?


The Sparks can always afford another player


There is that clause in the CBA which says the Salary Cap is on the Honor System. Very Happy


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57585
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/29/17 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
But what can the Sparks afford if Beard returns? Could they afford Cappie even at a vet minimum?


The Sparks can always afford another player


There is that clause in the CBA which says the Salary Cap is on the Honor System. Very Happy


The Sparks aren't subject to the same rules as everyone else



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/29/17 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
But what can the Sparks afford if Beard returns? Could they afford Cappie even at a vet minimum?


The Sparks can always afford another player


There is that clause in the CBA which says the Salary Cap is on the Honor System. Very Happy


The Sparks aren't subject to the same rules as everyone else


I want the LA cap and the first round rookie.



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/29/17 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
But what can the Sparks afford if Beard returns? Could they afford Cappie even at a vet minimum?


The Sparks can always afford another player


This ______



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/29/17 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

I don’t see Dolson or Coates effectively playing the 4 for long stretches. We would be better off keeping Breland. Coates is still a big unknown in the W. I think she will be better at stoke where she can come in rebound and defend.


I can see dolson playing 4 full time. She might be a 5 on defense though but her outside shot was a delight to finally see consistently last season .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 4646
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/29/17 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll start the rumor mill, Cappie will not be in a Sky jersey in 2018. Very Happy


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20716
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/29/17 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
I'll start the rumor mill, Cappie will not be in a Sky jersey in 2018. Very Happy

Doesn't/wouldn't surprise me at all. Quigley finally took her job last season, and I don't see either side of the equation being excited at the prospect of Cappie being her overpaid backup. Especially considering at least one of their lottery-pick rookies is likely to be needing those same perimeter wing minutes.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 4646
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/29/17 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
I'll start the rumor mill, Cappie will not be in a Sky jersey in 2018. Very Happy

Doesn't/wouldn't surprise me at all. Quigley finally took her job last season, and I don't see either side of the equation being excited at the prospect of Cappie being her overpaid backup. Especially considering at least one of their lottery-pick rookies is likely to be needing those same perimeter wing minutes.


True. I heard LA or Indiana, don't know how much merit it has though.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 2 of 23

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin