RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Greatest WNBA Name

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
petrel



Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 1989
Location: Atlanta, GA


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/21/17 8:43 am    ::: Greatest WNBA Name Reply Reply with quote

This has probably been done a hundred times, but which WNBA player has the best name? If you could have that person's name, which name would you have?

There have been some great ones: some of my favorites:

Chioma Nnamaka
Yuko Oga
Brittainey Raven
Jae Kingi-Cross
Shavonte Zellous
Epiphanny Prince


SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3537
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/21/17 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aerial Powers & Jordan Hooper are my two favorite names.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57588
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/21/17 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We did all-name teams back in 2012

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?p=1067418



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/21/17 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've always thought Octavia Blue was a very elegant name.

That being said, the answer to your question is "none" because I very much like the name I already have.



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 4452
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/21/17 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I've always thought Octavia Blue was a very elegant name.

That being said, the answer to your question is "none" because I very much like the name I already have.


Yes, that was always one of my favorite names. Another one would be Christelle N'Garsanet.



_________________
Even now by the gate with your long hair blowing
And the colors of the day that lie along your arms
You must barter your life to make sure you are living
And the crowd that has come
You give them the colors
And the bells and wind and the dream
hyperetic



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 5124
Location: Fayetteville


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/21/17 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA All Time wise there are a few names that I thought seemed appropriately made for basketball without really needing a nickname:
Sheryl "Swoopes"
Swin "Cash"
Sylvia "Fowles"
Tamika "Catchings" (more of a sports in general name)
Sue "Bird"
Ruthie "Bolton"
Jordan "Hooper"
Shavonte "Zellous

And a few others just cuz they seemed nickname-ish to me:
Kelsey "Bone"
Rhonda "Blades"
Tasha "Butts"
Joy "Cheek"
Rebecca "Lobo"
K.B. "Sharp"
Kia "Stokes"
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/21/17 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hamchetou Maiga-Ba
Clarisse Marshangwanna
I so butchered those names too lazy to look up the spelling Laughing Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17699



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/21/17 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Haixia Zheng



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/21/17 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marlise Askamp !! Cool Cool



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Spark4Life



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 3709
Location: The land of SHOWTIME and Lisa Leslie.


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/27/17 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Hamchetou Maiga-Ba
Clarisse Marshangwanna
I so butchered those names too lazy to look up the spelling Laughing Laughing


Machanguana. Didn't even have to look it up, lol.



_________________
"The first to bring grace, elegance, athleticism and a little bit of Hollywood to women's basketball" Carol Callan on Lisa Leslie
Spark4Life



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 3709
Location: The land of SHOWTIME and Lisa Leslie.


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/27/17 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Hamchetou Maiga-Ba
Clarisse Marshangwanna
I so butchered those names too lazy to look up the spelling Laughing Laughing


How about Naomi Muliataopele?



_________________
"The first to bring grace, elegance, athleticism and a little bit of Hollywood to women's basketball" Carol Callan on Lisa Leslie
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57588
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/27/17 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Hamchetou Maiga-Ba
Clarisse Marshangwanna
I so butchered those names too lazy to look up the spelling Laughing Laughing


How about Naomi Muliataopele?


It's Mulitauaopele



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/27/17 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Hamchetou Maiga-Ba
Clarisse Marshangwanna
I so butchered those names too lazy to look up the spelling Laughing Laughing


How about Naomi Muliataopele?


It's Mulitauaopele


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Shocked Shocked Shocked How do you even say that lol



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57588
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/27/17 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Hamchetou Maiga-Ba
Clarisse Marshangwanna
I so butchered those names too lazy to look up the spelling Laughing Laughing


How about Naomi Muliataopele?


It's Mulitauaopele


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Shocked Shocked Shocked How do you even say that lol


mull-it-aw-oh-pay-lay



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/27/17 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Hamchetou Maiga-Ba
Clarisse Marshangwanna
I so butchered those names too lazy to look up the spelling Laughing Laughing


How about Naomi Muliataopele?


It's Mulitauaopele


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Shocked Shocked Shocked How do you even say that lol


mull-it-aw-oh-pay-lay


I stopped after i read Mullet Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3135
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/27/17 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Hamchetou Maiga-Ba
Clarisse Marshangwanna
I so butchered those names too lazy to look up the spelling Laughing Laughing


How about Naomi Muliataopele?


It's Mulitauaopele


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Shocked Shocked Shocked How do you even say that lol


mull-it-aw-oh-pay-lay


In these cases the answer is always, "Exactly the way it is spelled."


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57588
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/27/17 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Hamchetou Maiga-Ba
Clarisse Marshangwanna
I so butchered those names too lazy to look up the spelling Laughing Laughing


How about Naomi Muliataopele?


It's Mulitauaopele


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Shocked Shocked Shocked How do you even say that lol


mull-it-aw-oh-pay-lay


In these cases the answer is always, "Exactly the way it is spelled."


Well, no, because you'd get this:

https://www.howtopronounce.com/mulitauaopele/



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23364



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/27/17 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Well, no, because you'd get this:

https://www.howtopronounce.com/mulitauaopele/


Laughing Laughing that's hilarious!



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5102
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/27/17 5:43 pm    ::: Re: Greatest WNBA Name Reply Reply with quote

petrel wrote:
If you could have that person's name, which name would you have?


Youse guys are answering this question?

As a guy, I wouldn't want a name that is female. But since we're being asked about WNBA players, I'd have to choose from dual gender names. I also favor names from biblical or western literary or historical sources.

In the current WNBA I see Alex, Sydney, Jordan, Sancho, Cheyenne, Allie, Morgan.

My favorites would be Alex Bentley, Alex Montgomery, Cheyenne Parker or Morgan Tuck.

I'll go with Morgan Tuck in honor of Morgan Earp, Friar Tuck, and 2 Kings 9:1 (NIV) ("Tuck your cloak into your belt . . . .")
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/27/17 6:10 pm    ::: Re: Greatest WNBA Name Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
petrel wrote:
If you could have that person's name, which name would you have?


Youse guys are answering this question?

As a guy, I wouldn't want a name that is female. But since we're being asked about WNBA players, I'd have to choose from dual gender names. I also favor names from biblical or western literary or historical sources.

In the current WNBA I see Alex, Sydney, Jordan, Sancho, Cheyenne, Allie, Morgan.

My favorites would be Alex Bentley, Alex Montgomery, Cheyenne Parker or Morgan Tuck.

I'll go with Morgan Tuck in honor of Morgan Earp, Friar Tuck, and 2 Kings 9:1 (NIV) ("Tuck your cloak into your belt . . . .")


I suppose you could also interpret the question as having the corollary "if you were female", or simply address the question of surnames, if you didn't want to limit yourself.



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5102
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/27/17 6:20 pm    ::: Re: Greatest WNBA Name Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
petrel wrote:
If you could have that person's name, which name would you have?


Youse guys are answering this question?

As a guy, I wouldn't want a name that is female. But since we're being asked about WNBA players, I'd have to choose from dual gender names. I also favor names from biblical or western literary or historical sources.

In the current WNBA I see Alex, Sydney, Jordan, Sancho, Cheyenne, Allie, Morgan.

My favorites would be Alex Bentley, Alex Montgomery, Cheyenne Parker or Morgan Tuck.

I'll go with Morgan Tuck in honor of Morgan Earp, Friar Tuck, and 2 Kings 9:1 (NIV) ("Tuck your cloak into your belt . . . .")


I suppose you could also interpret the question as having the corollary "if you were female", or simply address the question of surnames, if you didn't want to limit yourself.


Possible, but I'm content to be Morgan Tuck. I even -- and this is hardly a joke -- have developed torn cartilage in my knee and have been recommended for knee surgery, which I've declined.

Now as to the gender identity of the name "Queenie" . . . hmmmm . . . where's Noah Webster when you need him. Sorry to go off on such a tangent, but I've always been bitter at Glenn Close's parents.
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4726



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/27/17 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've always been a fan of the names

Merlakia Jones

Sue Wicks

Sue Bird

Crystal Robinson

Ukari Figgs

Helen Darling

Kori Hledey

Lelani Mitchell

Nayo Raincock-Ekunwe (or just Nayo)

Skylar Diggins

Angel McCoughtry or just McCoughtry

Taurasi

They're not the most out there names but they sound cool to me


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, damn, I forgot about Nayo. Yeah, she's definitely a contender for one of the best names out there (and I think our PA guy agrees- he certainly seems to enjoy saying it when she scores a basket).



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/28/17 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I've always been a fan of the names

Merlakia Jones

Sue Wicks

Sue Bird

Crystal Robinson

Ukari Figgs

Helen Darling

Kori Hledey

Lelani Mitchell

Nayo Raincock
-Ekunwe (or just Nayo)
Skylar Diggins

Angel McCoughtry or just McCoughtry

Taurasi

They're not the most out there names but they sound cool to me


The Best of them all Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin