RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Las Vegas Aces 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
root_thing

PostPosted: 12/20/17 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Looks like Izzy was already irritated at the 5.17 mark in the 4th quarter when she was held/moving screen (you can debate that) and she threw a little elbow to the throat of an opponent to shake her off.

I wonder if Achonwa was retaliating on behalf of her teammate. I didn't see any immediate reaction on her part, but it doesn't mean Natalie didn't notice. As one of the bigger players on her team, she'd feel responsible to act as an enforcer. Why else go after Harrison at that particular moment? Was there any rough stuff earlier in the game? I didn't see anything in the preceding 2 or 3 minutes.

PostPosted: 12/20/17 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:
Achonwa seems to be a master at aggravating opposing players enough to get them to snap.

She's the spiritual successor to Penny Taylor

I remember Cappie Pondexter clobbered Taylor on a fast break. What other players came after or took a shot at her?

Randy

PostPosted: 12/20/17 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Looks like Izzy was already irritated at the 5.17 mark in the 4th quarter when she was held/moving screen (you can debate that) and she threw a little elbow to the throat of an opponent to shake her off.

I wonder if Achonwa was retaliating on behalf of her teammate. I didn't see any immediate reaction on her part, but it doesn't mean Natalie didn't notice. As one of the bigger players on her team, she'd feel responsible to act as an enforcer. Why else go after Harrison at that particular moment? Was there any rough stuff earlier in the game? I didn't see anything in the preceding 2 or 3 minutes.

But do overseas teams usually have their high paid imports play that role?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 12/20/17 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
Achonwa seems to be a master at aggravating opposing players enough to get them to snap.

It's called working too hard (from the opposing player's standpoint) and taking advantage of what the refs were allowing. Harrison needed to keep a cool head and she couldn't.

The refs were completely negligent on that play. No one should be expected to put up with that kind of shoving. Achonwa had it coming and IMO should be penalised whatever Izzy is penalised since she is at least as much to blame.

PostPosted: 12/20/17 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:

She's the spiritual successor to Penny Taylor

I remember Cappie Pondexter clobbered Taylor on a fast break. What other players came after or took a shot at her?

1. Plenette Pierson aka #Thugnificent

2 . Bri Karate Chop January

PostPosted: 12/20/17 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

But do overseas teams usually have their high paid imports play that role?

Other than hockey, most sports don't hire players to serve as enforcers. Individuals decide for themselves to protect their teammates. It's an unspoken code of behavior to have your teammate's back. Big people carry the greater expectations.

PostPosted: 12/21/17 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A7a7Qsl71ss" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RavenDog

PostPosted: 12/21/17 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

It's called working too hard (from the opposing player's standpoint) and taking advantage of what the refs were allowing. Harrison needed to keep a cool head and she couldn't.

The refs were completely negligent on that play. No one should be expected to put up with that kind of shoving. Achonwa had it coming and IMO should be penalised whatever Izzy is penalised since she is at least as much to blame.

+1

tfan

PostPosted: 12/22/17 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

La China Robinson introduced Bill Laimbeer as the President of Basketball Operations and Head Coach. Wonder if there is much distinction between a GM and a President of Basketball Operations.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IC_lL8dpnzQ" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/26/17 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
La China Robinson introduced Bill Laimbeer as the President of Basketball Operations and Head Coach. Wonder if there is much distinction between a GM and a President of Basketball Operations.

Speaking broadly, the General Manager primarily handles personnel decisions - signings, trades, cuts, contract negotiations, coaching staff changes, etc.

The title of President of Basketball Operations is broader. The PBO position oversees administrative and legal issues, public relations, and game day logistics in addition to personnel. It is a higher position than GM.

Angus24

PostPosted: 12/26/17 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder who Bill will hire as assistant coaches. Anybody heard anything about VJ or Riley. Pretty obvious now why VJ got a one year deal... Wonder what Rileys contract was for?

Davis4632

PostPosted: 12/26/17 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

I remember she got Kiah Stokes to snap and a Sun player ( I forget which one).

Nerd2

PostPosted: 12/27/17 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Achonwa and Harrison played on the Korean All-Star team at halftime. They got them to do a little dance-off.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/27/17 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Achonwa and Harrison played on the Korean All-Star team at halftime. They got them to do a little dance-off.

Video link ?

PostPosted: 01/03/18 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who is going to come visit me this summer in Las Vegas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOoKzw3JSCM

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/03/18 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't tell me you've volunteered for another round of damage control behind Trader Bill.

Actually yes, do tell me that, because that would be awesome.

(now with spelling variations)
Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/03/18 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Bill's getting the band back together maybe they solve the whole Jefferson/Plum thing by just starting Elaine Powell at the point instead. Smile

PostPosted: 01/03/18 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
If Bill's getting the band back together maybe they solve the whole Jefferson/Plum thing by just starting Elaine Powell at the point instead. Smile

Wouldn't that be a hit upside the head ....

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 01/05/18 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

EP is the head coach at Langston University right now, but you never know ...

Razz

http://www.langstonsports.com/coach/0/2.php#Elaine_Powell

toad455

PostPosted: 01/05/18 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Razz

Deanna Nolan also returns. Aces trade for her rights from New York for McBride and their 2019 1st round pick.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/05/18 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Razz

Deanna Nolan also returns. Aces trade for her rights from New York for McBride and their 2019 1st round pick.

Sadly, Nolan hasn't been playing much for UMMC so I don't think she's WNBA ready.

stever

PostPosted: 01/05/18 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good grief, Tweety just turned 38 in August, can we bury this silly fantasy already?

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/05/18 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Good grief, Tweety just turned 38 in August, can we bury this silly fantasy already?

I kinda felt there was a sarcasm font involved.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/05/18 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
stever wrote:

I kinda felt there was a sarcasm font involved.

Just a bit. Wink

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 01/08/18 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shay Murphy with 50 pts in a game including 9 threes.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 12 of 30

Jump to: