RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tennessee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlcarter

PostPosted: 12/22/17 12:43 pm    ::: Tennessee Reply Reply with quote

How good is this years team? 12 -0 record to start the season. I know there is still a lot of basketball left. A real good start though.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/22/17 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think they're the best team in the conference. That would be Mississippi St. But Tennessee may be doing their part in making the SEC the best conference. It's early though and Texas was the toughest on schedule so I'm still a little skeptical on them. Do they have a tough test coming up?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/22/17 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I don't think they're the best team in the conference. That would be Mississippi St. But Tennessee may be doing their part in making the SEC the best conference. It's early though and Texas was the toughest on schedule so I'm still a little skeptical on them. Do they have a tough test coming up?

Notre Dame - Miss St - South carolina should be very challenging .

PostPosted: 12/22/17 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd put Tenn into the unbeaten group that includes West Virginia and Louisville.

Tenn has 4 key games left, at Notre Dame, home to Miss St & a home & home with S Car.

W Virginia has 4 also. Home and homes with both Texas & Baylor, the former not as good as any of those teams Tenn will face. Fla St is another Texas

Louisville has 3 key games left, Home to Notre Dame & Fla St and at UConn.

Vulnerabilities.
WV has played the weakest sch of the 3 and is most expected to be a paper tiger. Tenn plays 3 of their 4 tough games BtBtB in mid January, when freshmen tend to sag. Louisville is the Durr show and their offense lives or dies with her.

Since Tenn Miss St and S Carolina will produce 4 losses among themselves I'd say that Louisville has a shot at a one seed if they can beat N Dame at home and then not screw it up in the tournament.

Jlcarter

PostPosted: 12/22/17 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree about the four key games. I think this years team is better than last year's team. I think last years team would have lost a couple of games.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/22/17 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jlcarter wrote:
I agree about the four key games. I think this years team is better than last year's team. I think last years team would have lost a couple of games.

This year's team plays better together , but i do not think they have the talent of last years team . Hopefully the energy and effort this team plays with will pay off . I just dont see them winning the big games like they did last year. I think the total opposite of how it will play out . Win the games were suppose to win and lose the big ones.

PostPosted: 12/22/17 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Jlcarter wrote:

This year's team plays better together , but i do not think they have the talent of last years team . Hopefully the energy and effort this team plays with will pay off . I just dont see them winning the big games like they did last year. I think the total opposite of how it will play out . Win the games were suppose to win and lose the big ones.

These freshman are talented just young. This team did beat a team ranked #2 in Texas.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/22/17 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jlcarter wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Jlcarter wrote:

These freshman are talented just young. This team did beat a team ranked #2 in Texas.

I dont get excited about that win because Texas did not have arguably their most talented player Joyner Holmes. Beat Texas with her then ill be sold tbh.

PostPosted: 12/22/17 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two other games that shouldn't be overlooked:

1/11 @Texas A&M - This game comes just before your 3 game stretch @South Carolina, @Notre Dame and Mississippi St. A&M isn't as good as those three, but any looking ahead could make this one difficult.

2/18 @Missouri - Missouri lost their opener but is undefeated since. I believe they are the fourth best team in the SEC and Sophie Cunningham should be All-SEC.

Lillian Hidgepork

PostPosted: 12/22/17 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
I'd put Tenn into the unbeaten group that includes West Virginia and Louisville.

Tenn has 4 key games left, at Notre Dame, home to Miss St & a home & home with S Car.

W Virginia has 4 also. Home and homes with both Texas & Baylor, the former not as good as any of those teams Tenn will face. Fla St is another Texas

Vulnerabilities.
WV has played the weakest sch of the 3 and is most expected to be a paper tiger. Tenn plays 3 of their 4 tough games BtBtB in mid January, when freshmen tend to sag. [b]Louisville is the Durr show and their offense lives or dies with her.[/b]

Since Tenn Miss St and S Carolina will produce 4 losses among themselves I'd say that Louisville has a shot at a one seed if they can beat N Dame at home and then not screw it up in the tournament.

You either dont watch alot of basketball close or are just not real smart if you think Louisville is a one horse team.....

linkster

PostPosted: 12/22/17 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lillian Hidgepork wrote:
linkster wrote:

Vulnerabilities.
WV has played the weakest sch of the 3 and is most expected to be a paper tiger. Tenn plays 3 of their 4 tough games BtBtB in mid January, when freshmen tend to sag. [b]Louisville is the Durr show and their offense lives or dies with her.[/b]

You either dont watch alot of basketball close or are just not real smart if you think Louisville is a one horse team.....

Not at all. But look back at UL's record the last couple of years and you see that while they compete they don't beat many good teams. Durr herself didn't have many if any good games against top teams. This year she showed up big time against tOSU and Oregon and even on the road like at Kentucky. Those were her best games. And for most teams it's important to have a player who steps up in big games.

Of the 3 teams I mentioned I'd say that UL is the best right now. They get Notre Dame at home and if their only loss is to UConn Rolling Eyes they would have a good claim to a one seed. It would be nice to see them in Rupp Arena.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/23/17 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

I think the team has more talent than last year. Collectively, Westbrook, Hayes, Davis, and an improved MeMe Jackson are better than DD, Middleton, and Reynolds. The improved chemistry has allowed Nared to really shine as well. I think Green is a big, as yet untapped talent on the bench...she's tougher, a better rebounder, and a better finisher around the rim than Russell, and she's likely to be very useful during the physical SEC season.

And that brings up Tenn's Achilles heel...the bench or lack thereof. There are Hayes and Green, and that's it. At most, the others can spell people for a breather and pick up garbage minutes. One injury is going to be a huge problem against a decent opponent, and I suspect freshman foul trouble is going to lead to 1-2 losses. We've already seen the level of play plummet against cupcakes once we substitute the far end of the bench.

Shades wrote:
Do they have a tough test coming up?

Their next 7 games include KY, TAMU, SoCar, Notre Dame, and Miss St.

allenleavell

PostPosted: 12/23/17 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I think the team has more talent than last year. Collectively, Westbrook, Hayes, Davis, and an improved MeMe Jackson are better than DD, Middleton, and Reynolds. The improved chemistry has allowed Nared to really shine as well. I think Green is a big, as yet untapped talent on the bench...she's tougher, a better rebounder, and a better finisher around the rim than Russell, and she's likely to be very useful during the physical SEC season.

And that brings up Tenn's Achilles heel...the bench or lack thereof. There are Hayes and Green, and that's it. At most, the others can spell people for a breather and pick up garbage minutes. One injury is going to be a huge problem against a decent opponent, and I suspect freshman foul trouble is going to lead to 1-2 losses. We've already seen the level of play plummet against cupcakes once we substitute the far end of the bench.

Shades wrote:
Do they have a tough test coming up?

Their next 7 games include KY, TAMU, SoCar, Notre Dame, and Miss St.

This group has more talent then the previous two teams. This freshman groups has infused talent and arrogance to the team. The Lady Vols are primed to be good for the next four year. The key to the future is replacing Nared and Russell after they leave.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: